What are you playing now?

Rosbjerg

"pillage and sacrifice" , that does sound fun and different :fdevil:

Who doesn't like a good sacrifice?  Other than the sacrificee, of course.   ;)

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I got annoyed with Of Orcs and Men as I kept getting killed, so I stopped playing it and then deleted it off my machine. Its not a good enough game for me to go back and relearn new skills or understand the combat properly.

So tonight I will be installing Alan Wake, I have always wanted to play it

:)

IIRC it's easy as pie

Altair -> defensive skills (except when he's alone against multiple Orc enemies)

Styx -> offensive skills (that skill that boosts his critical chance upgraded with +50% dodge is game breaking especially combined with multi-dagger skill)

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

For fun I downloaded Borderlands 2 to my 2+ year old netbook (http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/Eee_PC_1215N/) and tried to run it. Imagine my surprise when it actually started. Not only that, it was entirely playable. At medium settings!

I've enjoyed my old netbook quite a bit over the years, but this was probably the first time I've been properly impressed by it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I got annoyed with Of Orcs and Men as I kept getting killed, so I stopped playing it and then deleted it off my machine. Its not a good enough game for me to go back and relearn new skills or understand the combat properly.

IIRC it's easy as pie

Altair -> defensive skills (except when he's alone against multiple Orc enemies)

Styx -> offensive skills (that skill that boosts his critical chance upgraded with +50% dodge is game breaking especially combined with multi-dagger skill)

I hear you, I stared getting the hang if it but still found I had split my points too evenly between attack and defense so I wasn't effective in either. This became apparent in certain fights, like  against the Shaman. I was about 10 hours into the game. Also every level seemed the same from a gameplay perspective. A linear path from A to B with  the same types of monsters just in different size  groups...goblin, dogs or humans . I may install it again, but I doubt it :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

IIRC it's easy as pie

I hear you, I stared getting the hang if it but still found I had split my points too evenly between attack and defense so I wasn't effective in either. This became apparent in certain fights, like  against the Shaman. I was about 10 hours into the game. Also every level seemed the same from a gameplay perspective. A linear path from A to B with  the same types of monsters just in different size  groups...goblin, dogs or humans . I may install it again, but I doubt it :)

I agree level design and stealth mechanics are... rudimentary, but one needs to take into account this game was developed on a shoestring budget (even compared to Game of Thrones from same developer), still setting, combat and characters ultimately were good enough to make the game worth buying on release. I really would not mind a sequel.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

IIRC it's easy as pie

I agree level design and stealth mechanics are... rudimentary, but one needs to take into account this game was developed on a shoestring budget (even compared to Game of Thrones from same developer), still setting, combat and characters ultimately were good enough to make the game worth buying on release. I really would not mind a sequel.

Now I feel bad, I didn't realize the financial restraints involved in the development :blush:

Okay I'll give the game another go after a while,

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Decided to start on on the F:NV DLC, beginning with Dead Money.  So far so good!

You haven't played the DLC before?

Nope, I'm not really a fan of DLC in general.  I spent 60 hours on the base game, so I was ready to move on to other things.  I usually wait until I get an itch to replay something before I worry about any DLC, and most games that never happens.

Went back to Mount and Blade: Warband, with the mod Prophesy of Pendor mod. I don't think there's a mod out there that matches PoP - it has its' own backstory, heroes, factions, and equipment and it's significantly harder than Warband.

Got to hand it to the mod team who made this; I can't imagine the hours spent on it.

Had to abort my first intended DLC-run of NV late last year when I concluded that it was too impractical to continue using my pure explosives-based character - got up to Vegas but having to heal myself every time I used an explosive in VATS got pretty tiresome. I understand why the pseudo-immunity to damage during VATS in FO3 was taken out, but this is one of the unfortunate impacts given the engine behaviour.

Ended up buying M&B Warband in the end, unfortunately the non-demo version also still graphically glitches out similarly, but fortunately less frequently, to how the demo did. First thing I did was to go find mods to tweak away my biggest annoyances from the demo, that being the requirement to walk around the pointless village/town maps to get quests from them, the way cattle herding works, allowing battle to continue if you get knocked out, and perhaps a bit cheaty, but I changed all the pointless stat allocation from companions (7 dead points in Inventory Management, really?). Also made all tavernkeeps into ransom brokers. It's a fun distraction, but I can't think of another game that is simultaneously as involved but yet so shallow as this.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Finally managed to shatter China in my Civ game.  I think I'll just burn their remaining cities to the ground, too much pain to secure and hold it all (no body counts like in SMAC though, I guess I can note a body count myself). 

Also, finally going to start Deponia.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Nope, I'm not really a fan of DLC in general.  I spent 60 hours on the base game, so I was ready to move on to other things.  I usually wait until I get an itch to replay something before I worry about any DLC, and most games that never happens.

Oh, you've been missing out. FO:NV is one of the few games that have been using the DLC business model to dish out quality content post-launch with good bang for buck

About the Bio-discussion, I liked ME1 and 3 (2? Not so much), and DA1. TOR's decent, but the support and patching and general lack of any direction is making me super-hesitant to put down money on it. It does feel they're just trying to scrape quick bucks with the CC-market and then leave. If you feel they're gonna drop the game, it's a little hard to give cash, let stand suggest anyone else they should do so.

Having a gigantic amount of bugs, but focus on the one that profits players, hot-fix it in 2 days TWICE (cause it broke) and it still doesn't work? That tells me BioWare in development of TOR is out to 1) get us 2) is super-incompetant. Each single patch seems to improve on this feeling that both are at play.

Dragon Age 3? It really depends on the game. DA:O like, yes. DA2 like, no. Different aga... I'll just have to see if it's any good. I don't dislike BioWare, but like any studio, I am not going to buy crap if they publish it, I rather play good games.

Having said that, playing TOR. Trying to get most out of the Gree event before it locks down. Grieving in the pvp area seems to have died down completely. And I can't say I am too regretful of that, good riddance.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Oh, you've been missing out. FO:NV is one of the few games that have been using the DLC business model to dish out quality content post-launch with good bang for buck

I've finally gotten around to the dlc's too. Honest Hearts was bland as can be and Old World Blues is mediocre so far, but still, this type of gaming is enjoyable at the least and even at it's worst, is still better than many games out there.

Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires.

Like the implementation of stratagems, always fun to lead the AI into traps(ambush/pitfall/rock slide). Too bad you don't actually need to use them once you raise your stats above a certain point(which is when you get the most interesting ones submerge/inferno).

Just lost my current games due to all my officers leaving due to my 'evilness'. Time to retry being a tyrant.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Playing Resonance of Fate again, and stumbled against a big ****block. My party is to low level, because of my playstyle, to continue the story, so I have to grind a little bit more now :/

And having fun with League of Legends and PnP Pathfinder game with my friends, we are learning the game mechanics while playing at home modified PF Society scenarios.

It is hard, because one person is absolutely unable to get into his characters and his "roleplay" is absolutely terrible :/ All others are pretty decent, but whenever we got into new gameplay mechanics, we just get stuck for half hour, sometimes more, if complicated rules come into play...

Our group has never played PnP RPGs before...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Trying the Steampunk scenario in Civ V G&K.

....Odd.

At least the leaders don't have 598 brass-rimmed monocles attached to stovepipe hats with actual stovepipes and steam whistles sticking out. Yes, I'm calling you out, steampunk cosplayers. You look like buffoons.

Edited by AGX-17

Finished up LEGO Lord of the Rings.

If you're not already familiar, it's pretty much the definition of a time waster. The LEGO games have a very childlike charm to them that I think even adults can appreciate, but it's not something you're going to feel fulfilled playing. Just amused and entertained.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."