Gorth

Am I reading that right that McDonalds managers dont even earn $10 / hour?

Yep. Even in California, double digits was only for Assistants (now Department Managers). And that was with the 8 bucks an hour minimum wage.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

... why can't you take pictures?

Cause it's hard to hold a large, heavy-ish DSLR in one hand (not my good hand, either), over your head, pointing downwards (can't look thru viewfinder) to get a reliable angled shot. And of course as soon as I tried, kitty would probably move. Tho I could just use the mini-vid cam and grab semi-fuzzy stills I suppose. :)

....suffering a lot of allergies today. Marching around stores and offices sniffling, itchy red eyed and blotchy faced. Blargh. *blows nose*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Don't know if its remnants from yesterdays headache and time spent in bed, but kept waking up from weird dreams that were constantly fragmenting through the early hours of the morning.. and now that I'm up I seem to be having one of those mornings where my brain keeps firing off random thoughts that aren't actually connected with anything in particular. Definitely making it awkward to concentrate and focus on anything.

I shall rely on the tradition of tea drinking to see if that soothes things down.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Mainly a day of trying to remain conscious. 2 hour phone conferences do not help this.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

... why can't you take pictures?

Cause it's hard to hold a large, heavy-ish DSLR in one hand (not my good hand, either), over your head, pointing downwards (can't look thru viewfinder) to get a reliable angled shot. And of course as soon as I tried, kitty would probably move. Tho I could just use the mini-vid cam and grab semi-fuzzy stills I suppose. :)

....suffering a lot of allergies today. Marching around stores and offices sniffling, itchy red eyed and blotchy faced. Blargh. *blows nose*

I considered that and its a valid reason, but call your hubby to take the pics :)

Your cats sound cute, it would be great to see some photo's

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Gathering enough courage to take my PC apart completely over the weekend and finally move to it's new home (a larger case). Probably going to spend a bit of time with a screwdriver in one hand and coffee cup in the other :grin:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Did that recently. For the longest time I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't boot. The HDD that is. Turns out I took out one of those tiny jumper thingies that forced my SSD to be the master drive and there is no little reference diagram on the thing.  I finally got boot, but my tertiary storage drive is nolonger detected. I'm also fresh out of jumpers.

Slow and easy wins the day.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Did that recently. For the longest time I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't boot. The HDD that is. Turns out I took out one of those tiny jumper thingies that forced my SSD to be the master drive and there is no little reference diagram on the thing.  I finally got boot, but my tertiary storage drive is nolonger detected. I'm also fresh out of jumpers.

Slow and easy wins the day.

:thumbsup:

Yeah. Surprised myself that I haven't fried more hardware over the years. Not for lack of trying (which is why I know how long an i7 processor runs without any cooler attached at all...)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Mainly a day of trying to remain conscious. 2 hour phone conferences do not help this.

Phone conferences with more than 2 people are the worst. It's about as productive as... as... *snore*

Second game in the university social football league, lost 7-1 again. Basically you have well-built, tall, big guys who are also decent at the sport knock it around, push you over and slam it in, and then the rest of my team freezes and lets in far more than they should. Didn't help that I rolled the ball gently to our striker free in the six-yard box 3 times, and he proceeded to miss them all. 

I considered that and its a valid reason, but call your hubby to take the pics :)

Your cats sound cute, it would be great to see some photo's

Hubby and a camera are like oil and water. He doesn't have the eye. He'd probably get a picture of the top of my head or something by mistake, too. ;) I'll get some more pics of my cats someday ... easier in summer when there's more light in the house for longer.

Gamed with hubs a bit this evening, then watched some Dual Survival episodes. Don't like the new guy Joe as much as the original dude - the chemistry between the two men isn't the same.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Phone conferences with more than 2 people are the worst. It's about as productive as... as... *snore*

Second game in the university social football league, lost 7-1 again. Basically you have well-built, tall, big guys who are also decent at the sport knock it around, push you over and slam it in, and then the rest of my team freezes and lets in far more than they should. Didn't help that I rolled the ball gently to our striker free in the six-yard box 3 times, and he proceeded to miss them all.

So that's where Bendtner is...

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sat down with a freshly made cup of tea and started poking at things on the pc. Suddenly (and for no apparent reason) I just got hit by a major wave of tiredness and completely slumped down in the chair. Struggling to keep my eyes open and wake up a little bit agian.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

A productive day, well at least one I don't feel guilty about. Over lunch watching some guy talk about how to DM games and so on which is making me miss playing PnP games.

Also, beware of the Danes.

Rosebushes do, indeed, have thorns.

...my leather gloves weren't leather glove-y enough.

Hmmm a Dannish conspiracy on the board? Something rotten in..... nah too obvious.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hmmm a Dannish conspiracy on the board? Something rotten in..... nah too obvious.

Yeah, such a thing would never happen... damn conspiracy theories :sweat:

I've been planning the roadtrip that i am taking with some friends this summer across the US. The flight tickets were easy as pie, but getting a rental car without any possible hidden fees seems to be impossible. All i ask for is a final price, goddammit!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Got everything wrong yesterday.

You know when the dice are against you? .... :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You know when the dice are against you? .... :)

I think that's a permanent thing for me. Hubby is the lucky one - I keep rubbing his belly but so far luck hasn't transferred to me. Someday I'm going convince him to use his luck in Vegas. ;) ;)

....cleaning the house to Little Shop of Horrors tunes, "singing" along as I go. Which as usual means my cats think I'm injured, following and gazing at me with concern.

It's cold, half snowing, half raining. I was going to grill some summer squash with a chicken breast and rice on the side. Seems like such a hassle though. A couple of eggos and a cup of coffee sound better and easier.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I've been planning the roadtrip that i am taking with some friends this summer across the US. The flight tickets were easy as pie, but getting a rental car without any possible hidden fees seems to be impossible. All i ask for is a final price, goddammit!

Have you thought about using an RV to see the country?