Gorth

Ive always wanted to try absinthe just to see if it gets me all blotto.

We get Absinthe in South Africa, if you drink it as a shooter its actually too strong and I can't imagine its good for your liver. But its good to mix in a ****tail. Also there is a common way of drinking it where you light the shooter and have it with sugar. But I still prefer Tequila :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I drink Absinthe fairly regularly. If you get the real stuff (you can read up on it) and mix it up with some sugar and water the traditional way then it can be a really tasty drink with a very unique flavor. I think it'd be a waste to mix it up in drinks personally, at least the good brands. :) It can be really tasty if you ask me.

I'm currently seeing a girl who takes care of a horse. Been following her along to the stable for a while now which is... pretty different than what I usually do in my life, and I must say pretty damn refreshing as well. Really enjoyed it today, with sunny weather with a hint of spring in the air. We ended up snuggling on a bunch of hay bales, and actually just lay there for like an hour. Such a nice change from the city, even if I don't live in a particularly large one.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I once had 'a few' Absinth shots with sugar and the works in Prague .. The result was that all shadows started glowing bright yellow.. Interesting effect. As a result I haven't touched it since. :)

And today I've been studying the "Germaksordinans" of 1660, the rituals involved in getting an audience with the king in his chambers.. Riveting stuff!

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Hm, had a whole run of nights in a row where I haven't been able to get to sleep till some time gone 4am and wandering close to 5am. Now my body seems adjusted tot hat. I get hit by a slight woozy tiredness around 9pm, that clears up..and now i'm not tired until some point past 2ish..which is not making it any easier to get to sleep at sensible times.

Think I'm going to try spending the afternoon working on this best man's speech. That and work up the to-do list of what has to be done in the next 3-4 weeks before I fly out.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

If all else fails, just say you hope they reach their 5th anniversary. :thumbsup:

So sleepy. I think I'll take a 'sick' day soon.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I spread my dad's ashes today, we found the grounds of the country house where he was born and spread half there, the other half on the shore of a lake that he loved, I don't feel much closure but it's nice that we could do what he wanted, it's an odd thing to smell and taste human ashes, there's an unavoidable plume that comes with chalky powder being thrown into the air on a breezy day, mental  :blink:

Good for you. I couldn't face it. Better than getting eaten by worms, I suppose. :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Today I woke up, came to the forums and saw Walshingham's face all over the last posts.
Are we a bit overactive?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I used to have this recurring dream where I'm pulling worms/maggots from my face, but haven't had one in ages. This morning I was "blessed" with it again, but instead of the usual dream there were a couple of changes, which were weird enough I have to describe it here to get it out of my system:

--instead of my face proper, they were mostly from the top of my head. In the dream I had this weird, flat high growth on the top of my head and when I pushed on it giant, fat, colorful fantasy maggots would surface, which I'd then pull out and drop down the sink.

--On the face proper, instead of maggots, I was instead pulling out .... kittens. From under my nose. So by the end of the dream the bathroom floor was covered in mewling, cute little kittens, and as I was dealing with the maggots from the top of my head, I was also thinking about which of those kittens I wanted to keep.

:blink::alienani::cat:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's my birthday. Yay for me.

Congratulations. You have survived another year, regardless of the choices you made during the last 12 months... That's always worth a celebration.. :shifty:

Congratulations. You have survived another year, regardless of the choices you made during the last 12 months... That's always worth a celebration.. :shifty:

Life is one big excuse to party, basically. :-

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Good excuse as any to get drunk

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Happy B-day :)

What are you doing to do celebrate, a nice dinner or a night of drinking and debauchery? Or both

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Okay, now I'm going to throw myself wide open here.

I've been trying to develop this best-man's speech this afternoon and so far I've got a rough draft.  I've been told I've got about 5 minutes to give the speech and the translation of it..(mexican spanish). As I've got about 26 days left to polish this up, get it translated and learn said translation...

I'm going to put it up here for commentary on how people think it works and hangs together at the moment. Any advice, appreciated.

Greetings.

Now, many of you may not be that familiar with the tradition of the Best Man. So I thought I'd explain the key elements of the role.

The first and most important, is that the best man makes sure the Groom gets to the church on time. Whether that's just making sure to wake him up, or stealing a car if transport is that urgently required. Well, I think we can all agree that that job has been handled now.

The second role is what usually happens now. The best man having known the groom for many, many years... Knows most of his secrets and embarassments. And this speech is usually there to ensure the Groom doesn't get too big headed and over proud for having successfully married a pretty lady. Thus, normally a slew of amusing anecdotes to remind him that he's merely mortal like the rest of us.

But, I'll be kind today. Quite possibly due to being vastly outnumbered by the brides family if I accidentally offend anyone...

I'll just say this, when we went to school together David was an angry young man. Very controlled, but deeply angry. However, when he came back from that trip where he first met the lovely bride, he let go of a fair bit of that anger. So I think it's safe to say that love soothed that savage beast.

Over the years since, I've seen them together and I've seen how much David has missed her whenever she hasn't been there.

That's a deep love between them, and it's to be valued and cherished. I'm glad to see that from this day on, they'll be together sharing in the trials and tribulations of life.

Also, it makes it even more unlikely I'll ever have to bail David from jail when some idiot gets him that angry again and he snaps.

On which note, I'll let you all return to the important things of food and drink.

I got 9,008,309,115,994,680,000,000 points on Winter Bells. Then saw afterwards that FRAPS wasn't working correctly and all I have for it is a lousy "previous best" screenshot, (along with a recording of only my mouse movement, without the game), instead of me doing the entire thing.

Bah.

(edit) Oops! One too many zeros.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Raithe, is it more of a "formal" wedding or is it a bit relaxed?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Raithe, is it more of a "formal" wedding or is it a bit relaxed?

Heh. It's a wedding in Mexico where a rather large, catholic brides side of the family will be partially adopting some of the traditions of the mostly agnostic/athiest British groom and his small number of family...  So I have absolutely no clue how it'll turn out.