Gorth

Today I did the Harlem Shake

Ban this man.
  • Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

As my birthday gets closer (a little over a month) I get more depressed due to the lack of success in life and the fact that I'm nearing 30.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

As my birthday gets closer (a little over a month) I get more depressed due to the lack of success in life and the fact that I'm nearing 30.

Well, gee, thanks for reminding me of that :p
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I had a similar problem with rats/squirrels a few years back. Never did work out which, always running loose in the wall spaces. Bloody madness.

With the local chipmunks it's a matter of them running around in the space in between floors--my ceiling, the floor above me. Skitter, skitter, skitter they go through the night...the little baztards.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Calax, you are further along than many people hitting 30 are, and you are legitimately working hard towards your goals, so be proud of that!   :biggrin:

Edited by Hurlshot
  • Like 2

Spent the last few days feeling crappy and depressed, little things are getting to me, it always passes in the end but it's hard to see when you're in the thick of it, on the bright side House of Cards is a pretty decent tv show and my new Orange amp sounds pretty good :)

I'm turning 33 this month but it doesn't bother me too much, success is a relative thing, I'm doing far better than I was six years ago but I have to remind myself now and again, I just wish I was a bit healthier...

Do you have psychological help or medication or is that an inappropriate question?

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I'm bipolar, I have a therapist but I don't have a psychiatric professional due to insurance circumstances.

It seems that my bipolar always flares up around my birthday.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Jolly Rancher orange and apple scented candles are the awesome. The smell is strong without being overpowering/perfume-y. Some smells just make one feel kinda happy...or content...or something.

Also, Rosbjerg's avatar keeps staring at me, like one of those creepy pictures where the eyes follow you around the room. I think it wants my cool candles. Can't have them, nope.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Turned 28 last week. Had the same thoughts, started playing some video games.

• Like 1

Nothing like setting enemies on fire with molten moon rocks from the sky to make one feel young again!

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I worked yesterday and today my mom, step-dad and my cousins are coming over for lunch. I am doing a Cheese Fondue. I have prepared all the ingredients and it should be a fun afternoon of dining on delicious Swiss cheese. I made sure I bought only Swiss Cheese to keep the fondue as authentic as possible. So I have Emmental, Gruyère and Appenzeller :dancing:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Cheer up Calax, birthdays are no time to get depressed! Actually that's exactly what they are, but no reason you can't buck that trend. You need to go out, get sloppy drunk and hook up with some strange girl you've never seen before and will never see again.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'd like to dislike your post because of all the cheese talk, but you're a nice poster and there is no dislike button!

Don't you like Cheese?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I like it on pizza, that's about it.

You  are denying yourself true gastronomic exhilaration if you don't eat cheese. There are so many ways you can integrate it into a meal. But very few ways to combine cheese with food highlight its greatness as much as the simple application  of cheese on a  good biscuit.

What can beat a good Stilton or Roquefort with some onion relish on a Melba biscuit. Yummmmmmy :wowey:

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Cheer up Calax, birthdays are no time to get depressed! Actually that's exactly what they are, but no reason you can't buck that trend. You need to go out, get sloppy drunk and hook up with some strange girl you've never seen before and will never see again.

Temporary solution at best.  Also, runs the risk of making things worse. :p

I like it on pizza, that's about it.

You are denying yourself true gastronomic exhilaration if you don't eat cheese. There are so many ways you can integrate it into a meal. But very few ways to combine cheese with food highlight its greatness as much as the simple application of cheese on a good biscuit.

What can beat a good Stilton or Roquefort with some onion relish on a Melba biscuit. Yummmmmmy :wowey:

Stop talking about cheese or I'll go sulk in a corner.

_____

So damn happy Liverpool beat Tottenham today. When they scored their second goal, I was about to cry.

Things got even better when Chelsea equalized agains Man United.

Yes, I'm talking about soccer and you guys will accept it.

I like cheesecake...wat? It's a kind of cheese, right?

....it's Sunday, and I'm sitting in this chair while my brain is still lying in bed.

I cursed Daylight Savings Time when I awoke and found myself an hour behind before I even put on my slippers.  <----- wuz cranky.  I never use my alarm on the weekend if I can avoid it and my biorhythm is still set on Eastern Standard Time.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

2010-10-04-Eat_Shit_And_Die_164.jpg

• Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I've been playing with photoshop for some friends - my profile picture (the one I use here) started a small "war" between my friends were we edited our faces onto various ww2 leaders.

I made this 'Faux De Gaulle' and I smile every time I see it .. Thought you guys might enjoy it too. :)

kaasn.jpg

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.