What you did today

Gorth

I set up a scavenger hunt for my wife using QR codes, so Christmas morning should be entertaining.

I used to be better at poetry and would do these things in verse, but age or the children has clearly addled my brain. I figure the fact that they have to be scanned made up for my lack of creativity in the riddle department.

• Like 1

Finished packaging santa's gifts for my sister, her significant other and my mother.

I never had problems with anything from Ikea, I think it's a pretty good, if uninspiring store. Especially when you're on a budget.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I went to Ikea once. Don't know what it's like elsewhere, but the one I went to here was weird and not a pleasant shopping excursion. I haven't been back since.

Today I scrubbed tile grout (always a laugh), had a steak sandwich, noticed it was raining again, and watched some movies. Now going to slap some imps to the sound of rain.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Have spent the weekend getting all the Christmas stuff together. Bought some fancy chocolate for a woman I'm starting to like rather a lot. It's been a long time since I really fell for someone, forgot what an emotional rollercoaster you get placed on. Especially when circumstances demand that you have to be patient.

Restringed the good ol' guitar, so now it sounds all sparkly and nice again.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Upgraded my netbook to Windows 7. It originally came with Win7 but I was appalled at its performance, and the lack of customization options in the starter edition so I downgraded to XP Pro 32bit. Now its running Win7 Ultimate at approximately the same level of performance as XP except its a bit faster.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Hm, I think I've got about 25,000 tracks on my ipod now. Just thinking that if anything takes down my pc drive, the joy of getting all those cd's out of storage and the various nooks and crannies I stashed them in and then re-burning them... The mind boggles.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Hm, I think I've got about 25,000 tracks on my ipod now. Just thinking that if anything takes down my pc drive, the joy of getting all those cd's out of storage and the various nooks and crannies I stashed them in and then re-burning them... The mind boggles.

This is turning out to be a painless procedure so far, luckily I kept all these discs packed away on one spindle, it's freaky though, I'm listening to the very first mp3 I downloaded (pirated) in 1996...on the 22nd of November at 12am to be precise, I remember going into college the next day and telling everyone about this amazing new mp3 thing, one of the lads was especially dickish and took the piss out of me for listening to old (last year's) music :blink:

*edit*

The song was

by Deep Blue Something. Edited by WDeranged

Urgh, I have to go to store today. I had ordered some stuff for my older brother and they finally got there. I really hope there isn't some sort of unholy last day rush.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

It absolutely poured rain today, all day. To the extent the TV beeped out EBS flood warnings while we huddled on the couch watching TV. Nothing serious to us, but it's that kind of rain. Played a little BL2, now we're back to TV. Since hubby's home all week I put my main PC out here in the living room so we can game-talk easier. This spare 1600x1200 monitor he had that I'm using sucks...and I feel weird sitting out here doing stuff while he's watching TV. :lol:

Spent time looking at other possible co-op games. Nothing jumps out at me yet. Think it's time to play a solo game of DK back in my office. Maybe it'll be a little drier tomorrow...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I moved

You moved homes or moved off the couch? ;)

....just another quiet day here.

I moved

You moved homes or moved off the couch? ;)

....just another quiet day here.

The later is a prerequisite for the former ;)

I moved out of the chair in front of the computer in a tiny corner in a way-too-sunny-to-see-the-screen backroom in a little house in Cyprus and celebrate my geekness by moving into the quintessential batcave called Mum's Basement - which for me is lockated in Greece - as I send out CVs during the job hunt. The whole thing will be made a bit easer by my parents moving back to Cyprus again after the holliday :)

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I busted my balls to get the new Wiimote Plus to work on my netbook over bluetooth. The sly buggers in Nintendo changed something so the remote is a royal pain in the ass to set up now.

I also screwed up my integrated camera - it stopped working when I installed new bluetooth stack for the remote.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

One of those yearly things we have is one of the neighbours always drops around on Christmas day. Now, this wouldn't be a problem, but they tend to loiter for an hour or so regardless of what's going on , even if we have other family visiting. I guess that's partly the trouble of being polite rather then kicking them out the door. But then again, this year they lost their mother this last month... But anyhow, they'd mentioned they were going to drop in this morning, so rather then get caught in the middle of family moments and unwrapping of presents we thought we'd have a slow morning and then when the neighbour had been and gone, then do our family thing.

Time passed, no neighbour. Finally a little past noon we decide to give up delaying our christmas, divvy the presents up , sit down and open them together. We get the piles sorted, fresh cup of tea.. and then neighbour turns up, sits down and promptly ensconces in the middle of present piles. >_<

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."