RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!

Gorth

Ah, forums. In six months time it will be "it's not like South Park brought in any useful new members", it's inevitable.

There's no compelling reason why you couldn't have a Cell on a dongle. You'd need a fast external bus to run it through and a decent power supply- equivalent to having an external PCI-E slot on a computer, which isn't done* but there's no particular reason you couldn't do it. Problem is that when you say dongle people think USB stick type thing rather than the plug in self contained board it would probably be.

*well, my dad bought a new Sony ultra light notebook recently. It has a decent GPU- in its docking station.

It completely depends on what you're doing with it and for what price. We know how small Sony can make a PS3, the super slim PS3, obviously remove the BD-ROM, HDD, it would be pretty small with an external PSU. Why not just get a super slim PS3 if you want to play PS3 games? I don't know. What's being transferred through the bus or thunderbolt? It's possible you could connect the Cell to the new GPU through it, but then you're using AMD to emulate games designed for Nvidia, using Nvidia patented technology, one of the reasons why Microsoft said they couldn't make the Xbox 360 backwards compatible. So in this dongle you have Cell, RSX, XDR, so it can use the HDD, BD-ROM, NIC, controllers of the PS4, all for $70-99. The PS3 super slim costs $270. The question isn't why can't you miniaturize a PS3 and plug it into a PS4, it's why would you ever want to, why would Sony sell it for $99. It doesn't make sense.

Because 1 big box + dongle takes up less shelve space than 1 big box and one slim box, easy as that.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Torment successor likely in the works at inXile, won't be a Planescape title (and most likely won't be D&D either).

Considering Fargo's fondness for Kickstarter, I'd expect this to be a KS-funded project too, btw.

Cool. Though I'd have to see some "proper" info about the game before I get excited.

I... what? At first I thought it was some kind of subtle joke video, but then I saw the uploader is "hitman"

Again, what? I mean, at least it's decently priced at $1 per DLC, but what?

Edited by Nordicus

SquareEnix own both the Deus Ex and Hitman franchises. It's just a character costume and another pistol and they can only be used in the non-campaign free play mode, nothing major as far as I can tell.

Seems a shame not to do a crossover level DLC where 47 is up against augmented enemies, bots or Adam but oh well.

Edited by Serrano

Torment successor likely in the works at inXile, won't be a Planescape title (and most likely won't be D&D either).

Considering Fargo's fondness for Kickstarter, I'd expect this to be a KS-funded project too, btw.

I don't see the point. Torment is a finished story (as he himself notes), the universe can't be licensed - so what is a new game going to have in common with Torment anyway, besides trying to push the nostalgia buttons?

If he can tell a story that's as good as Torment, he doesn't need the Torment IP to do it - if he can't, getting the IP won't help him, it will just invite comparisons.

I hate all this hollywood style necrophilia. Make good new IP or GTFO.

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I don't see the point. Torment is a finished story (as he himself notes), the universe can't be licensed - so what is a new game going to have in common with Torment anyway, besides trying to push the nostalgia buttons?

If he can tell a story that's as good as Torment, he doesn't need the Torment IP to do it - if he can't, getting the IP won't help him, it will just invite comparisons.

While I still consider the BGEEs to be a good thing, I fully agree with you here.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

While I still consider the BGEEs to be a good thing, I fully agree with you here.

I also tend to agree with this sentiment. Why link it with the Torment IP if you can't have any association to it?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I have nothing against updating an old game or even a full 3D remake. I have often wondered how good Torment would look remade with AAA production values.

But what Fargo is talking about sounds like something else entirely.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I also tend to agree with this sentiment. Why link it with the Torment IP if you can't have any association to it?

As much as I wish I'd say something that smart occasionally, I think you're misquoting me there ;)

As much as I wish I'd say something that smart occasionally, I think you're misquoting me there ;)

Noooooooooo, I want everyone to see how clever you are :grin:

Its my fault, I deleted the wrong quotes and was too lazy to fix it. But my point is I agree with the above statements

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Actually, the only good "delayed sequel" I can think of is DXHR. Which, funnily, was way better than the sequel they did close to the original. :p

http://www.rockpaper...n-your-friends/

Pulled it now, but brilliant bit of marketing there, heh. Virtual hits for your FB friends.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Creative Assembly to make warhammer games

Was bound to happen eventually as they run out of popular history to milk.

yay.... or something? Endless string of yet another RTS games?

Some day, somebody is going to make strategy and crpg games instead of third rate action games out of those franchises.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Would have been a nice mod.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Creative Assembly to make warhammer games

Was bound to happen eventually as they run out of popular history to milk.

yay.... or something? Endless string of yet another RTS games?

Some day, somebody is going to make strategy and crpg games instead of third rate action games out of those franchises.

Probably be similar to the Total War titles.

I like the Mark of Chaos game, but it never really hit its stride in the campaign.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Always thought Total War ripped off Shadow of the Horned Rat and Dark Omen to a certain extent, seems everything comes full circle.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!