Disney buys Lucasfilm

Tale

After seeing the prequels by Lucasfilms I’m ok with this. Well I’m ok with this as long as I get a Yoda vs. Hulk crossover, if not I am completely utterly disappointed. Why buy Marvel and Lucas if your not going to have Yoda fight the Hulk? It would just sound pointless to me.

They also own the Muppets, so why not have Kermit join in to sing It's Not Easy Being Green.

• Like 1

Spielberg is officially not doing episode VII.

http://www.geekscape.net/steven-spielberg-turns-down-star-wars-episode-vii

I was hoping the rumor that Matthew Vaughn had dropped out of X-Men: Days of Future Past to do it were true, but he's apparently doing some Mark Millar penned spy one, which makes sense since they're friends. Based on Vaughn's track record he would have been awesome.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm actually kidna pleased with the Spielberg not being involved thing.

New Spielberg has kinda sucked, because he's not being moderated, similar to Lucas.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Excellent choice in Arndt :). Now we still have the directors chair to fill, and there are a lot of rumors for that one, including Colin Treveroww and Matthew Vaughn, who are apparently both personal favorites of Lucas. Also, Lucas apparently met with Treverrow personally, so that rumor might have more weight to it, since Mark Miller confirmed that Vaughn dropped out of X-Men to work on the Secret Service Movie. Another person rumored to be on the short list is Brad Bird, who is my personal favorite choice :).

Twitter: @Chrono2012

*waits patiently for the announcement that all future Star Wars movies will be done by Uwe Boll exclusively*

If I could watch people's reaction to such an anouncement... that would be priceless.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

*waits patiently for the announcement that all future Star Wars movies will be done by Uwe Boll exclusively*

If I could watch people's reaction to such an anouncement... that would be priceless.

Burn. Burn this with fire.

Cowboys.com is now a gay dating site…GreenBayPackers.com is something we shall never discuss again…EVER.

Shakespeare said: Play to those who get it. Don’t dumb it down “to split the ears of the groundlings.”

Groundlings: The lowest common denominator.

It can't be worse than the prequels.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

It can't be worse than the prequels.

Star Wars' decline started with 'Return of the Jedi'. Beginning with the Muppet Show in Jabbas palace and ending with Ewoks :x

I must shamefully admit that I once bought a Star Wars dvd set (the collection featuring all 3 original movies in the original cinematic release versions, i.e. "unenhanced" by digital frippery).

I haven't watched any of the movies that the new guys have been working on, but I'm genuinely curious to see what direction they are taking it: Its roots or the episodic merchandise advertising (or something completely new?).

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 1 year later...

Lucasfilm Declares Nearly the Entire Star Wars Expanded Universe is Non-Canon

Official announcement

In order to give maximum creative freedom to the filmmakers and also preserve an element of surprise and discovery for the audience, Star Wars Episodes VII-IX will not tell the same story told in the post-Return of the Jedi Expanded Universe. While the universe that readers knew is changing, it is not being discarded. Creators of new Star Wars entertainment have full access to the rich content of the Expanded Universe. For example, elements of the EU are included in Star Wars Rebels. The Inquisitor, the Imperial Security Bureau, and Sienar Fleet Systems are story elements in the new animated series, and all these ideas find their origins in roleplaying game material published in the 1980s.

Demand for past tales of the Expanded Universe will keep them in print, presented under the new Legends banner.

On the screen, the first new canon to appear will be Star Wars Rebels. In print, the first new books to come from this creative collaboration include novels from Del Rey Books. First to be announced, John Jackson Miller is writing a novel that precedes the events of Star Wars Rebels and offers insight into a key character's backstory, with input directly from executive producers Dave Filoni, Simon Kinberg, and Greg Weisman.
  • Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

Official announcement

In order to give maximum creative freedom to the filmmakers and also preserve an element of surprise and discovery for the audience, Star Wars Episodes VII-IX will not tell the same story told in the post-Return of the Jedi Expanded Universe. While the universe that readers knew is changing, it is not being discarded. Creators of new Star Wars entertainment have full access to the rich content of the Expanded Universe. For example, elements of the EU are included in Star Wars Rebels. The Inquisitor, the Imperial Security Bureau, and Sienar Fleet Systems are story elements in the new animated series, and all these ideas find their origins in roleplaying game material published in the 1980s.

Demand for past tales of the Expanded Universe will keep them in print, presented under the new Legends banner.

On the screen, the first new canon to appear will be Star Wars Rebels. In print, the first new books to come from this creative collaboration include novels from Del Rey Books. First to be announced, John Jackson Miller is writing a novel that precedes the events of Star Wars Rebels and offers insight into a key character's backstory, with input directly from executive producers Dave Filoni, Simon Kinberg, and Greg Weisman.

Best retcon ever.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I find it very difficult to be upset about this. 

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

My interest in the 'expanded universe' ended when Luke Skywalker cut his way into a ****ing mountain with his lightsaber and bare hands.

What a ****.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Are we taking any prop bets as to what survives the great EU purge? Thrawn, Mara Jade, the Solo twins??

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Well as long as they don't remove anything before the atrocity that is the Prequel films, like renaming Korriban to something retarded like Morriban -- The KOTOR-stuff is pretty much the only Star Wars lore I care about, specifically the stuff in Sith Lords -- Although it would be a shame for them to remove General Thrawn & Kyle Katarn, with anything Lucas might have had in mind. Because what George Lucas creates isn't as much writing as it is vomiting through a pen.

And right now, all assets and data stamped "1313" are stored on a single 2.5" hard drive within a vault made of black, volcanic glass in Irvine, California ... 

C'mon, please be true. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Official announcement

In other words, nothing changed. The EU canon was never treated the same as the film canon. EU canon started with the clone wars being about cloned Jedi going mad. Han Solo used to work for the Empire. And when you kill a Dark Side user, they explode.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yeah, it looks like if anyone wants to do anything in the current EU continuity it juat has to be under a separate label. No biggie.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

That's your example of ruining the EU? Changing one letter?

Damn, I hope they don't change anything substantial because the resulting explosion of your nuclear rage will destroy the world.

No, I think you interpreted my comment a bit too drastic. I didn't particular notice any hints towards anything but bitter indifference in my comment -- I generally don't care much about what happens after the movies, except for a few characters whom I found interesting. Morriban was simply a point of reference to a supposed birth place of the Sith, which Yoda would visit in that silly CGI tv-series. I just found the idea of that name to be rather jarring, especially like you mentioned -- the main difference being one letter, so why even change it in the first place beyond the need of waving your willie around to affirm your status as 'the big man' who decides what goes. But it's their universe I suppose and they can do whatever.. Not even sure if they went ahead with the idea, but supposedly there would be no Valley of the Dark Lords and all that other interesting stuff established with the KOTOR games. That's all.

Edited by TheChris92

It could also be the same "I didn't really pay attention and don't care" that caused Liam Neeson to pronounce Coruscant as Gorazat in The Phantom Menace.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."