RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!

Gorth

For the random interest..

Digital Trends Preview of Hitman Absolution

After spending several hours tooling around with a preview build of Hitman: Absolution, out November 20, 2012 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Windows, I’m very pleased to let fans know that the spirit of the series is very much intact. As slick as the game’s ad campaign has been — sexy hit-nuns and all — worries over too much of an action focus have dogged Absolution every step of the way. While there certainly is an expanded set of less-than-stealthy tools for Agent 47 to work with, there are still hefty score penalties for going loud. Absolution has all the promise of being the best Hitman game we’ve seen yet, doing everything that the series has always done well, along with many things that you’ve always wanted the series to do.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Meh, more preview BS. Shouldn't have been worried about the promos being all action - I guess that's a better hook or so they think.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It would really be a wonder if they couldn't make a decent Hitman game now after four attempts. Of course it will take them at least four more attempts to realize that making a game about planned assassinations that relies on purely trial and error gameplay is by itself a contradiction.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Blood Money was pretty good, Silent Assassin was also a good game. Not so much a planned assassination game though, more a puzzle game in which you kill people. But it is nice to see patience rewarded that and having many ways to get the job done.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Pretty sure Hitman 2 allowed for a very run and gun play style if you so chose (and took the score penalties). It's only from there that it has emphasised stealth as the _sole_ way of doing things. A welcome return, IMO.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Hm, did do a fair amount of shooting in SA, due to funny stuff like some guy walking in on me disposing of a body, never tried it in BM though - guess that's a project for today.

Hm, did do a fair amount of shooting in SA, due to funny stuff like some guy walking in on me disposing of a body, never tried it in BM though - guess that's a project for today.

Report on your findings. I remember trying it out and it not working too well. ;P

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Risen 2 is 66% off on Steam.

Yes or no?

I'd say yes, if you enjoyed the first game. There are some things that are not as good as Risen, but I still enjoyed it. Don't bother with the "Collection", just get the game for €16.99.

Is the DLC worth getting?

I haven't played the Air Temple, but Treasure Isle was really short (in the realm of 1 hour /1 hour and half). It also basically reused assets from the main game and didn't really introduce anything new. Overall it's a fun quest, but only get it if you don't really have anything else to grab. (This is basically the main reason I'm wary to grab the other DLC, not to mention I have uninstalled Risen 2).

Reading up on Homeworld 2. Apparently a semi complete first version of the game was made by Relic, but then Sierra intervened and forced them to ditch it and make another - and what we got was HW2.

That actually explains everything.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I was doing so well. Hadn't splurged on anything unnecessary. But then I saw this. Then I saw that GOG is doing a special on it.

:(

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

MechWarrior Online open beta will start next week. I am a bit worried about it, because the last patch broke a lot and I just don't think the game is ready yet. Meh.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

MechWarrior Online open beta will start next week. I am a bit worried about it, because the last patch broke a lot and I just don't think the game is ready yet. Meh.

Understatement of the century.

The devs couldn't even find the time to put in few screens of a tutorial.

I was doing so well. Hadn't splurged on anything unnecessary. But then I saw this. Then I saw that GOG is doing a special on it.

:(

I know I shouldn't put any money in it. I have the three games (even if BD can't be played on win7), I even have Div 2 in double, having bought DKS containing Div 2 and FoV for simplicity.

Yet, I feel like in a few days I will throw some money in it.

I'm so weak, sometimes.

Chris Robert's space sim first preview trailer revealed: Squadron 42

"I'm a PC game"

There's too many pledge driven games coming out right at the moment.. >_<

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

http://player.vimeo.com/video/51135962

First two minutes starts with the already linked intro trailer, but then it gets insane. Squadron 42 / Star Citizen is basically a Wing Commander game that exists within a Privateer/Freelancer style game.

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

Chris Robert's space sim first preview trailer revealed: Squadron 42

"I'm a PC game"

Absolutely Awesome...another day one purchase as long as it doesn't have over whelming DRM.

Something came up that made me so excited I gave it it's own thread...whether that's good or bad...

http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-Trilogy-Playstation-3/dp/B003O6EDSM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349929296&sr=8-1&keywords=mass+effect+trilogy

Or for the PC side....

http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-Trilogy-Pc/dp/B0050SZ980/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1349929296&sr=8-3&keywords=mass+effect+trilogy

can't seem to find it at amazon.co.uk though.