RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!

Gorth

Dishonored is half price at GMG, you can then add another 25% off that with the voucher code they have on site, which brings it to $22.50.

Fantastic, thank you for the heads up!

Been waiting for a good price for it, just barely managed to stop myself paying the full price for it. Decided to not pay full price for any game some time ago.

So, already the plans for the next Hitman are in motion..

RockPaperShotgun - Square Enix Montreal to make Next Hitman

Absolution’s director Tore Blystad confirmed that the next title in the franchise will be developed at Square Enix Montreal rather than remaining in-house. Blystad reckons development will follow a similar pattern to work on the Call of Duty games, so presumably we can expect development duties to alternate between Squenix and IO as they do between Treyarch and Infinity Ward. It almost certainly means we’ll be seeing the wigless wonder more frequently in the next few years. Three weeks ago I would have said that was a good thing. If you’ve played Absolution, perhaps you’d care to compare your thoughts with mine?

Here’s Blystad:

“We’ve been talking about these similarities to some of the big movie franchise like Aliens, where everyone’s doing it their own way. Every time someone gets their hands on a franchise they do something different. So rather than doing the same thing again you get another take on the character from a fresh perspective”

I’m not quite sure what to think about this. To me, Absolution felt like a reboot with too much attention on a future franchise and not enough appreciation of its own past, so the idea of shared development duties rings the ‘churn’ alarm rather than bringing about the aroma of variety, that fine old spice. I wouldn’t argue with a change of direction though and maybe Squenix will have some fresh ideas with a little more conviction and a little less (ahem) Conviction.

The team in Montreal won’t be complete novices to the faulty-follicled franchise – “some of the key developers came from IO and have been working on previous games”. As for IO, some of the staff have already move onto a new project. Could it be a sequel to Freedom Fighters, I wonder, and then immediately wonder anew if I actually want it to be anymore.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Of all Eidos franchises they acquired, at least Squeenix are leaving Tomb Raider and Legacy of Kain alone.

They managed to deliver a better sequel to Deus Ex than Eidos ever could, though.

• Like 3

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I don't like anything that's been said about Tomb Raider so far. One of the writers is the daughter of my favourite writer, and I think she did some work on Mirror's Edge and Overlord. The original Tomb Raider is still one of my favourite games. Legend was kind of awful, Anniversary and Legend have the worst PC ports I have ever played (clipping bugs constantly in platforming, AI, combat), most of new stuff in Anniversary is bad (adding QTE's to a remake of a classic game should be a hanging offence) but a lot of the great stuff was there. After Squeenix bought Eidos, Crystal Dynamics made an incredible game called Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, so there's definitely potential for them to make a good game, but interference from the publisher and focusing on narrative could spoil it.

Edited by AwesomeOcelot

http://ionfx.com/product_pc_Miasmata.php

Guys take a look at this upcoming game called Miasmata. I think it looks sweeeeeeeeeet

Its involves lots of exploring on an island and being hunted by a deadly creature :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

They managed to deliver a better sequel to Deus Ex than Eidos ever could, though.

Pretty low bar to jump over, though. Wonder when we'll hear more of SE's 'plan' for DX

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Of all Eidos franchises they acquired, at least Squeenix are leaving Tomb Raider and Legacy of Kain alone.

There's lots of rumors about a Legacy of Kain reboot. Though nothing solid so far.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

There's lots of rumors about a Legacy of Kain reboot. Though nothing solid so far.

Is nothing sacred anymore?

Edited by Drudanae

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Come now that's just silly. No way it'd get PEGI 3.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I like the control scheme :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

http://ionfx.com/pro...pc_Miasmata.php

Guys take a look at this upcoming game called Miasmata. I think it looks sweeeeeeeeeet

Its involves lots of exploring on an island and being hunted by a deadly creature :)

Guys I am really surprised that no one has commented on this game, I'll try again.

" Look at this exciting uupcoming game" :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Thread getting a bit long. More stuff here

:skull:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein