RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Resident Evil 2 was the best. Massive game, that encouraged another playthrough which was different from the first.

RE1+remakes

RE3

RE: Code Veronica

RE4 I didn't like that much, was the beginning of the end in my book.

RE5 just wasn't Resident Evil anymore.

Shame to see a franchise that I enjoyed so much when I was younger become what it is today.

I'm fairly sure I bought one of those newer Resident Evil games (the action kind, not the survival horror kind) on Gamersgate once when it was on a dirt cheap sale. Maybe I should give it a try some day.

Still waiting for a new Carmageddon :(

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm fairly sure I bought one of those newer Resident Evil games (the action kind, not the survival horror kind) on Gamersgate once when it was on a dirt cheap sale. Maybe I should give it a try some day.

While I can't say they were bad games, they just weren't RE.

It's like buying vanilla ice cream only to open it up and find it's chocolate.(And in this hypothetical example, I'm allergic to chocolate)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stainlessgames/carmageddon-reincarnation

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

While I can't say they were bad games, they just weren't RE.

It's like buying vanilla ice cream only to open it up and find it's chocolate.(And in this hypothetical example, I'm allergic to chocolate)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stainlessgames/carmageddon-reincarnation

I know. Didn't remember to check it before it expired. Good to see it got some funding. Still waiting for it to be finished though :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I have high opinion of Re1 and RE4 as well, as do plenty of people i chat with. Don't know anyone who dislikes re4.

RE4 is rubbish. Terrible gameplay, stupidly repetitive and way too easy. Also, RE plot.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

hmm, need an unlike button ... :)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I think we should have a rule that whenever something says that franchise x isn't what it used to be, thread gets automatically locked. :p

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I think we should have a rule that whenever something says that franchise x isn't what it used to be, thread gets automatically locked. :p

Where would be the fun in that? How about a drinking game instead?

Same here, had alot of fun with Carmageddon 2 back then, but I was forced to play the european censored version...civilians were replaced ....by aliens...with green blood...I'll make sure that doesn't happen this time around!

But man, Kickstarter is truly like a gift to the gaming community.

Edited by Astiaks

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I was hoping to see some news about the new Carmageddon since the kickstarter was a success. But so far they are quite silent.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The early reviews for Resident Evil 6 don't seem very good. I know, I know. It's "professional" gaming sites. But still. A 4.5 from Gamespot surprised me.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Of Orcs and Men - Buddy trailer

I looked at the game website. Like the fact you're not playing as a human, but still kinda looks like "b" to me. But if the humor is enough and combat is at least fun, I might like it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I just found out about Prey 2 and before I could get properly excited I found out it was practically cancelled.

God damn it.

Strange they'd do that, it looked like serious cash had already been spent on the game.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

How is that an RPG? It looks like a stealth action game

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

How is that an RPG? It looks like a stealth action game

Story + character inspired emotional decision making?

Either that, or the term RPG has become something that's rather loosely defined in the past years. :-

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Can't wait for it to go on sale.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra