Most anticipated games of 2013

GuybrushWilco

I was thinking that there really is a bit of a dirth of RPGs for next year, isn't there? The only ones that op into my mind are Wasteland 2, South Park and Shadowrun Returns, and those could end up being pushed back to 2014. This got me to thinking about if there are any good games for next year. Aside from Wasteland 2, South Park and Shadowrun Returns, I think that the new Tomb Raider could be fun, and also several adventure games like SpaceVenture and Doublefine Adventure. All in all though, 2013 is looking a bit sparse.

Edited by GuybrushWilco

Twitter: @Chrono2012

probably the starcraft 2 expansion will be out in 2013, i guess thats pretty cool.

also i think there is a post apocalyptic game from the uncharted team coming out then too

dragon age 3 probably ... eh, im not really excited about that, but in light of how sparse things look i guess it counts

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

probably the starcraft 2 expansion will be out in 2013, i guess thats pretty cool.

also i think there is a post apocalyptic game from the uncharted team coming out then too

dragon age 3 probably ... eh, im not really excited about that, but in light of how sparse things look i guess it counts

I forgot about Last of Us. I really like the Uncharted games, so I'm looking out for that one now :) I was thinking Dragon Age 3, but it looks like another likely 2014 candidate to me. Also, if I do play that one, it will be on PS3, since I really don't want to put Origin on my system.

I used to like Tomb Raider, but it's been dead (or unrecognisable) for a number of years now. It feels and plays like a mass produced action game (including every formulaic ingredient from QTE's to horrible boss fights) and has become boring beyond my pain threshold.

Wasteland 2, I'm very much looking forward to, but not expecting that it's going to be released in 2013.

As sad as it may sound, the game I'm currently looking most forward to is the GoG version of the old Carmageddon plus Splat Pack, and that one will hopefully come out this year.

Come to think of it, I might just tear out 2013 from my calendar ;(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Wasteland 2, Dishonoured. I think that's it on my waitlist. South Park might be good too, pity it's based on, well, South Park.

2013 doesn't sound like a very good year to be a gamer.

Hey, it might give me a chance to play through those 200gb of games that I've bought and downloaded, yet haven't played yet :grin:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hey, it might give me a chance to play through those 200gb of games that I've bought and downloaded, yet haven't played yet :grin:

But what about me?! My needs are important, too.

Oh stop that... Chest out, Chin up! You'll get over it (eventually) :p

I'll likely pick up Dead Space 3 when it comes out if the co-op is worth the price, but other then that I cannot think of anything off the top of my head. Tomb Raider is worth looking at but could go either way, and Aliens: Colonial Marines is in the same boat (although I'm almost positive that I'll pick that up if it's any good at all). Metro: Last Light could also be interesting. But, yeah, looks like a slim year for gaming (that's a good thing for my wallet, although co-op games might make me get two copies,one for me and one for the girlfriend, and that is going to add up).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

2013 doesn't sound like a very good year to be a gamer.

I'm finally making leeway on my third full NWN2 playthrough. And Icewind Dale might get completed this year!
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

DA3, I guess. Watch Dogs, maybe? All the other games on my list (dishonored and hitman) are coming out this year. Seems like there's fewer and fewer games in the "could buy" list every year. Or, well, I used to buy 2-3 games a year for a long time, guess I'm falling back into that pattern after some years of much greater activity.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I actually hope Wasteland 2 doesn't come out 2013, it's too soon for my liking.

As for 2013.......

Last of Us

South Park

Metro: Last Night

Company of Heroes 2

Aliens Colonial Marines

Maybe that 40k rpg that might come out next year.

Half Life 3 ( :grin: )

Day Z (Whatever the commercial release is called)

Watch Dogs

On the RPG front it's pretty barren though. Maybe AOD, but I'm not holding my breathe on it's release.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Can't say I'm seeing the doom and gloom personally. If only one of those named RPGs gets released next year, it'd already make 2013 a better year than 2012 for the genre, and on par with the preceding two years which averaged one a year. 2010: FONV, 2011: The Witcher 2, 2012: Uhhhhh.....

Indeed it's been years since I've been this optimistic about games in general as I am now - and this is before the upcoming announcement of whatever it is Chris Roberts is up to. Also ought to be a good year for the only genre outside the PC that I play, given that the new Wii should bring a healthy new crop of platformers for that old timey time fun.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Nothing worth buying outside at least a -75% Steam sale.

Well that's every game for me.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Here's my list of games that look worthy of my time in 2013:

RPGs:

Wasteland 2

Shadowrun Returns

and maybe

Age of Decadence

Underrail

Avadon 2

Adventure:

SpaceVenture

Doublefine Adventure

Infamous Adventures

Tex Murphy 6

King's Quest

Jack Houston and the Necronauts

Action:

Bioshock Infinite

Star Trek

Tomb Raider

• Like 1

yeah, looks like 2013 might finally be the year i tackle my backlog. if i finished 1 game a week it would take me the entire year to clear out...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Dunno why hardware manufacturers bother pushing new graphic cards when we get to use them like 3 times per year.

I would add Company of Heroes 2 to the list everyone's mentioned.

Not that I'm going to have a PC good enough to play it.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I'll get South Park: SoT.

Bravely Default for Nintendo 3DS will hopefully get a localization. I'll buy it day 1 if that happens.

Tales of Xillia and Yakuza V are also day 1 purchases.

I'll probably check out Divinity: Original Sin and Omerta: City of Gangsters.

And the kickstarter games (I have backed) with a 2013 release date.