Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

Marketing Hook  

1195 members have voted

1. 1. Which game hook brought you to PE and interests you the most?

• Icewind Dale
    • Baldur's Gate
    • Planescape: Torment
    • Fallout 1 & 2
    • Neverwinter Nights (2)
    • Temple of Elemental Evil
    • Knights of the Old Republic (2)
    • Other or Multiple (if multiple, comment)
    • Arcanum

All of them except Neverwinter Nights 2 (which was broken beyond repair and incredibly bad, except for Mask of the Betrayer, which was merely unfinished and otherwise amazing), Knights of the Old Republic 2 (because it was so incredibly unfinished in such a blatantly obvious manner in so many ways), and Temple of Elemental Evil (because it was just plain bad).

All the others are positively amazing, though.

Planescape: Torment in particular.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

KOTOR 2 and New Vegas

I was really caught off guard by Kreia, and the idea of introducing grey morality in Star Wars universe? Yes please :)

And New Vegas is amazing! It really is a clash of civilizations, with democracy, technological autocracy, classical autocracy, anarchy in one big melting pot.

...or you can just destroy them all.

I rarely find these kinds of story in a video game :)

There isn't anything specific about any of those games that piqued my interest in the project, it's the style of game itself.

I played most of those games listed and had fun. The game engine and style are the most important aspect of these games not the content. That's not to say that any old crap will do, just that none of those games plots, settings, or characters are the reason I want to see another one made it's the squad based tactical game that does it for me.

I'd be tickled pink if I could build all of the characters I use and never have to deal with npc's problems or idiosyncrasies if I don't feel like it.

There isn't anything specific about any of those games that piqued my interest in the project, it's the style of game itself.

I played most of those games listed and had fun. The game engine and style are the most important aspect of these games not the content. That's not to say that any old crap will do, just that none of those games plots, settings, or characters are the reason I want to see another one made it's the squad based tactical game that does it for me.

I'd be tickled pink if I could build all of the characters I use and never have to deal with npc's problems or idiosyncrasies if I don't feel like it.

I think Baldur's Gate had the best balance in this regard among the Big Three. Interesting companions with plenty of quest content with decent tactical situations (compared to PST, that's for sure), BUT you can create your own party if you want with a minor workaround. Or even solo.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Although BGII is probably the game I've spent most hours playing, PS:T remains my favourite game ever. Mainly because it's so different to most games in terms of settings, what the goal of the games was for TNO, and especially the dialogues. Never was that into IWD, but FO and Arcanum are also reasons why I pledged as much as I could afford without really knowing that much about PE.

Mostly Icewind, the Fallouts and Arcanum. NWN2, KotOR2 and even ToEE were fine as well and definitely have aspects I greatly appreciate.

I'm not a big fan of BG, and not at all a fan of PS:T (I know, heresy around here especially) but I am a huge Interplay/Black Isle Studios/Troika/Obsidian fan, so...

No particular game, just the promise of going back to the old style, non streamlined ways of the past. A game that doesn't assume i'm a vegetable with the attention span of a fish, but challenges me, and therefore lets me experience the satisfaction of victory.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I chose 'other/multiple'. I backed this kickstarter for 4 main reasons:

1) Obsidian. I love their games.

2) Icewind Dale series. I think IWD 1 might be my favorite IE game. At least, it's the one I've played through more times than any other.

3) Baldur's Gate series. Not as many play throughs as IWD, but I've lost count how many times I've gone through these as well.

4) PS:T. No need to say anything, really. One of the best games ever.

It was a mix for me: PS: T is a game I could never get into, but I saw enough to want to see more from those developers. I had more fun with Neverwinter Nights. KotOR 2 was a very decent game as well. Obsidian just has a very consistent track record.

I haven't played a lot of the old school RPGs (Both KOTORs and Morrowind are about it), but I'm a big role player and so I love these kind of games. Since BiowarEA has been absolutely committed to churning out... bad things, the last hope for quality RPGs is Obsidian.

Edited by Chunkyman
  • Like 1

Top 3 games referenced that inspired my support:

1) Neverwinter Nights 2. For whatever reason there are a lot of RPG fans out there who haven't played this game and arguably the greatest expansion of any RPG I've played, Mask of the Betrayer. The game was a mess when it was released, with actual game-breaking bugs that needed to be fixed, so it got a bad rap. I'm sure, now several years later, the issues are resolved. NWN2 wasn't perfect by any means, but it had awesome companions and was pure RPG fun.

2) Baldur's Gate. Maybe Obsidian really will deliver the "spiritual successor", and that alone has me intrigued. I still quote Minsc on a regular basis and that's gotta count for something. One thing I got really spoiled by in successive RPG games was the ability to rotate the camera. I don't need to zoom or tilt or any of that, but to get a 360 degree view of my surroundings became a feature I find very important in tactical party-based combat. In fact, it was distractingly awkward going back to play the BG series after several years because I couldn't move the cam. I realize I'd better learn to like it again, but it's important enough to keep BG from being the #1 referenced draw for me with regard to this project.

3) Fallout NV. As far as modern PC games go, it's the Mass Effect series followed closely by Fallout NV for my all-time favorite. I played the crap out of that game. But I've always been a sucker for post apocalyptic survival gameplay For whatever reason I enjoyed NV more than FO3 which is odd because I really could care less about Las Vegas, mafia crap or westerns-- all of which were the primary themes of this game. It was just so well done otherwise with an adventure around every turn it seemed. I realize PE will have little to do with it, but I think the spirit of writing and story will be just as good with the same folks making it.

Honorable mention: It should also be noted that, while I enjoyed Planescape Torment, this was around the time I had a Windows ME computer and the bloody game crashed more and more often as I proceeded through the story-- ultimately stopping all progress. I was so damn mad, and I never went back. Windows Millenium was by far the worst piece of software Microsoft ever created and it destroyed my gaming life for a couple of years.

Edited by Chaos Theory

I haven't played a lot of the old school RPGs (Both KOTORs and Morrowind are about it), but I'm a big role player and so I love these kind of games. Since BiowarEA has been absolutely committed to churning out... bad things, the last hope for quality RPGs is Obsidian.

OnB_ad.png

Just saying...

• Like 1