What are you playing now?

Gorth

I don't think that this will ever change... except if you get some new high-tech hardware.

I have a i7 quadcore + 6970. I know someone with almost identical rig and while the game ran perfectly smooth it was downright unplayable due to horrible texture pop-in-pop-out issues. And from what I know that's common with ATI cards.

I don't remember Rage having performance issues.

It was a big mess on launch for many people.

We used one of our Golden Keys and lucked out with some really high capacity shields for lvl13, plus I bought a Team health regen mod, which definitely helped out a lot.

What is this "Golden Key" you speak of, and why do I get the feeling I missed something blatantly obvious in my play through?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

We used one of our Golden Keys and lucked out with some really high capacity shields for lvl13, plus I bought a Team health regen mod, which definitely helped out a lot.

What is this "Golden Key" you speak of, and why do I get the feeling I missed something blatantly obvious in my play through?

It's a preorder perk for a chest in Santuary, but I believe you can pick up more randomly throughout the game unless I'm wrong.

You can get another one if you sign up with Shift (some Gearbox social thing). That slot machine in Moxxi's is addictive.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just got through the Orc caves in Neverwinter Nights 2. I really hate that section. It's too long and there's too much junk loot.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Got a lot of my GoG games installed. Started a game of Icewind Dale. I really just wanted to try it out... then I made it to Kuldahar. Now i have to finish that game. Also got Startopia installed, so I can give that one a try.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Lvl 16, against Wilhelm boss. Holy crap. Took us like 12 minutes, going in blind. We were FFYL'ing all over the place and died at least a few times times each. Guess we need some gear upgrades. But boy was that fun...the sad thing is it'll never be that fun again, because you won't ever be "blind" again. :lol: Sometimes it takes us a while to "get" how to kill something, for example, that adds to the nuttiness.

These fights just get crazier and better, the enemies more interesting. But now we're under-leveled (next story quest is rated lvl19 in the log) so we gotta do some side quests....and find better weapons. Wheeeee.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Pushing my Jedi Knight through Belsavis... trying to decide whether I can let my ocd gaming nature slide on avoiding some of the world quests and just focus on the class quests ..

I don't think I've done a single heroic since Dromund Kaas on my agent. I just cba to go through the hassle of getting a group together and then dying a dozen times because everybody sucks. :p

Currently on Alderaan. I always thought it felt too long because the lastI was in a rush to finish chapter 1 and put the game on hold due to real life work pressures, but it actually is terribly long. It's absolutely colossal, and instead of having the decency of being a mostly flat desert like tatooine or hoth, it's a forest with a ton of mountains and gorges. Of course, due to not doing heroics, I'm in serious danger of becoming under leveled soon, so I can't get too blasé about it.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I wish we didn't get that talking shotgun in my group today. Hearing 4 players' "DIE DIE DIE" or "ENHANCE" got old super fast. Maya is fun, but I'll have to work on my Axton - lazy me, I like the turret doing the work. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Darn, can't edit my post already. :) I was going to say that we were actually lvl14 for Wilhelm. Lvl'd to 15 mid-fight. I'm going to be really curious when I do it solo later what the difference having one other person in the game makes.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The rescue Roland mission is looooooong. I started it around midnight and figured I'd be done in about an hour. Wrong. I'm probably only half way into the stronghold when I died. I'm worried I'll be sent back to a save point well back of where I actually made it to when I pick up tomorrow.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Playing Aliens Versus Predator 2, might play AvP1 when I'm done.

I remember playing the first one a long time ago... Once you got used to the Alien's perspective it became very fun to play. Sucked to be a marine though. Life expectancy was predictably short ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Darn, can't edit my post already. :) I was going to say that we were actually lvl14 for Wilhelm. Lvl'd to 15 mid-fight. I'm going to be really curious when I do it solo later what the difference having one other person in the game makes.

Ah ok, he was pretty easy at lvl 17 for us. Course we were 3 sirens and a zero, I guess all that CC made things easier but I don't remember much of the fight - too much stuff going on. Humour in the game hasn't changed, the PA telling robots to suicide if they become self aware got a chuckle out of me.

I remember playing the first one a long time ago... Once you got used to the Alien's perspective it became very fun to play. Sucked to be a marine though. Life expectancy was predictably short ;)

But doing the Marine as part of a lan match was always damn fun. Especially when doing the cooperative marines vs alien horde or predator hunters..

Man, that hits flashback to university days...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I get some bad memories from the predalien battle in 5th? level. I don't think i ever got pass that. And am i remembering falsely or is it true, that there was no manual saving there, just checkpoints quite far apart?

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Ah ok, he was pretty easy at lvl 17 for us. Course we were 3 sirens and a zero, I guess all that CC made things easier but I don't remember much of the fight - too much stuff going on.

Just in case:

We didn't realize certain minions were healing him until we FFYL'd enough to give them time enough to see it go up (very) rapidly, either. By then it was too chaotic to try to get rid of all of the moving targets (there were like 5-6 moving/attached around him). Think I got one by accident, heh. The shield was easy to get off cause I had a static SMG...it was getting his health down with all the Badass loaders, a constructor making new robots, and Wilhelm's rocket attacks making life very difficult. And no 300-400dmg weapons either. More like 50-100. :)

Edited by LadyCrimson

I get some bad memories from the predalien battle in 5th? level. I don't think i ever got pass that. And am i remembering falsely or is it true, that there was no manual saving there, just checkpoints quite far apart?

Hm, weren't predaliens in AvP2 first?

borderlands 2 still, but starting tonight: the demo for firaxis xcom!

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.