RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!

Gorth

Well, now that they have it so Supes iconic romance is going to be Wonder Woman instead of Louis Lane...I don't know. If you follow the DC lines I guess a Supes game would have to involve Wonder Woman in some way. I wonder if WW will get kidnapped and supes will have to come save her?

Naw...it's the new DC...it will be Supes who gets kidnapped and WW will have to save him!

Eh... more like they thought they could do more with WW (and they always teased her as a romantic interest anyway) than Lois because WW is more physically capable of keeping up with Clark than anything.

Of course, Frank Miller would tell you that when those two get it on it registers on the richter scale.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

CIS and China still stand proud and don't buy anything.

tell that to Valve :rolleyes:

btw, an interesting quote

For those curious why devs claim numbers like '90% piracy rates', you take known sales / uniques logging into online leaderboards.

lol, a foolproof method :lol:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Except "the Inquisitor" is about as nameless and faceless as "the Warden" so it seems they're moving back to the more undefined protagonist from DA:O. It also says you've got three classes to choose from.

Except isn't an 'Inquisitor' part of or at least for the chantry? If so they would have to have very set views and path. And I don't see how they could be a mage.

Personally I think the defined character of Hawke was the least of DAII's problems though, so I don't know if this will matter to me, as much as the need for improved encounter design and camera control. Interest is still lukewarm at best.

I view the defined character as part of bio continued move away from RPGs to 'cinematic adventure games' with dialogue. There is nothing terribly wrong with a set character per se(still prefer a character to be as blank as possible), it's everything that comes with it in new bio games.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Except isn't an 'Inquisitor' part of or at least for the chantry? If so they would have to have very set views and path. And I don't see how they could be a mage.

Oh, definitely. You'd be part of the inquisition in the same way as you were a part of the Wardens in DA:O. And you'll likely be forced to share their beliefs on a fundamental level (ie The blight is bad). But this is me guessing. Or rather hopeful speculation I suppose, although my personal interest in DAIII is fairly low at this point.

I view the defined character as part of bio continued move away from RPGs to 'cinematic adventure games' with dialogue. There is nothing terribly wrong with a set character per se(still prefer a character to be as blank as possible), it's everything that comes with it in new bio games.

Fair enough, can't say I disagree here.

Having a base-defined character in a rpg isn't that far from having a GM sit down at the start of the campaign and say "right, the theme is this, and it's set here, so all characters no matter what have to be linked by x, y and z." - I mean, if you join in a Spycraft campaign, you pretty much expect that every player is going to be a member of "Intelligence Agency X", so being that doesn't take away from how you develop your character from that point on.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Kickstarter for a new Broken Sword game, and 2D-ish too.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Pretty cool to see KOTOR 2 on Steam after all this time. Now that the restoration pack is out it will probably do well in terms of sales too, lots of people will probably just play with that installed from the beginning.

Now if only Steam would host those kinds of mods like Desura and Beamdog.
  • Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's interesting to see on moddb we're back from #90 to #8 with the Steam release.

Maybe get in another #1? That would be pretty awesome :D

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

KOTOR 2 is already #4 on Steam. I can see TSLRCM hitting #1 on moddb.

• Like 1

#5 :)

Reads Steam forum;

"It doesn't have the widescreen native, but the HD Music and Movie mods that were released later on are included, so no more redownloading them."

Of course I do trust it more hearing it from an OE-board member than a Steam-member... so I am still sceptical.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

http://www.kickstart...curse-adventure

Kickstarter for a new Broken Sword game, and 2D-ish too.

Not that I'm not delighted, but I was under the impression that the game was just about done already given the hints we got last year and earlier this year. Given that, I'm somewhat surprised to see they've had to go to Kickstarter to get it finished. Hope it doesn't mean they ran into trouble.

It was also "known" that Revolution was working on another (new IP allegedly) adventure at the same time, but that it wasn't Beneath a Steel Sky.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

#5 :)

Reads Steam forum;

"It doesn't have the widescreen native, but the HD Music and Movie mods that were released later on are included, so no more redownloading them."

Of course I do trust it more hearing it from an OE-board member than a Steam-member... so I am still sceptical.

I can confirm that the HD music and movies are included. Can anyone tell me the first noticeable TSLRCM change?

Prologue; Chatting up with 3C-FD. Peragus; Kreia saying "Ebon Hawk" instead of "ship"... unless you notice the typo fixes and removal of "implants" with the feat help-description during character creation already :)

^

Does Obsidian get any money from this release on STEAM? I'm considering getting it. even though I still have my CD's. Just having it all in one single downloadable package would be nice.

I would also like to know if Obsidian gets any money.

Why would they put a flash screen showing it on there on the main page here though?

Whoa. That is a nice image. I wonder if there's a wallpaper size version.

When's the last time sales for a 5 year old game benefited anyone other than the publisher and the distributor, financially?

Unless we make it sell another million copies now and give them some oomph with future investors.

Prologue; Chatting up with 3C-FD. Peragus; Kreia saying "Ebon Hawk" instead of "ship"... unless you notice the typo fixes and removal of "implants" with the feat help-description during character creation already :)

I can confirm a chat with 3C-FD and Kreia saying "that ship you arrived in, the Ebon Hawk" do appear after installing TSLRCM 1.8.