Movies you've seen recently

Tale

Tried to watch the 2nd episode of Revolution. After about 20 minutes I walked away. That lead female chr. just made me want to strangle her every time she opened her mouth, so....yeah. Done with that. When is Walking Dead back on? :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just got back from Dredd an hour ago myself. Only 3D showings here as well which meant that the only other person in the family that might have been interested decided to skip out on it. Figured I'd drop in tonight for the discount. Even managed to get through it with only a minor headache from the 3D so good evening all around!

Got around to watching John Carter with the gf. We both loved it. Fun action movie. I had to tell the gf who Edgar Rice Burroughs was as she's never heard of him before. facepalmri6.gif

We just seen that 2 nights ago. That was a fun movie!

I really felt like John Carter should have done better Box Office. Alas it'll be one of those films in 10 years people will wonder why it was a flop, IMO.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Well the Director was a huge fan, and had control of the advertising for it. But in his extreme fandom, he thought John Carter of Mars was as familiar a name as Batman in the households of the world..

Thus, resulting in pretty much one of the worst advertising campaigns for a potential summer blockbuster that pretty much left people confused and blase about going to see the movie.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I really felt like John Carter should have done better Box Office. Alas it'll be one of those films in 10 years people will wonder why it was a flop, IMO.

I saw it. I won't be wondering.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My favourite underperforming movie is "Waterworld". I never understood why so many people hated it. Good over the top action and a bit of humour mixed in for good measure.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

My favourite underperforming movie is "Waterworld". I never understood why so many people hated it. Good over the top action and a bit of humour mixed in for good measure.

I found Waterworld to be watchably entertaining, at least. Hopper hamming it up is always fun. I didn't like the young girl actress tho, and Kevin Coster is easy to make fun of sometimes (even tho I love him in certain roles/films). :)

I should also make it clear that I didn't think John Carter was a terrible movie. But I think even with proper marketing, it was not a good enough film to become a "blockbuster." Word of mouth and the fact he's not a big enough current-known icon ala batman would have slowed it down too much after the first weekend.

Edited by LadyCrimson

I would love to see more from it. It's done remarkably well on home release.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

What killed me was Waterworld bombed so bad that even took his next big movie, The Postman, down with it, even though The Postman was awesome.

• Like 1

What killed me was Waterworld bombed so bad that even took his next big movie, The Postman, down with it, even though The Postman was awesome.

From my conversations it seems like you and me were the only ones who liked The Postman.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

From my conversations it seems like you and me were the only ones who liked The Postman.

Make that three (Though, I haven't watched it in years)

I enjoyed The Postman. It's interesting how they varied some of it from the book it was based on, but it was still a fairly decent attempt.

I liked Postman too, but not the ending. At some point the movie becomes a huge american patriotism whatever house and this annoyed the hell out of me. The first 3/4 of the movie are fancy, though.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Saw Looper. The premise and much of the plot is dumb. But I still enjoyed it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Judge Dredd.

They handled it quite nicely, Karl Urban makes a good Dredd and the whole "Anderson's Rookie Day" was a good nod to the comics.

My only problem with The Postman was at the time, I was really tired of Costner's method of acting. He's one of those that is always just "Kevin Costner" in every movie. I can never think of him as the chr. he's playing, he's always "Kevin Costner acting." Which is fine (it's pretty much what Clint Eastwood does, too) but I probably would have liked Postman more if they'd cast another male in the lead. The story itself was interesting.

Looper is one I'd really like to see. It's the sort of sci-fi film that seems right up my alley.

The Avengers ... liked the attempt at more characterization, but with the ensemble cast it's pretty tough to make that work on a level that really breeds any kind of serious empathy for each one. So, I remained largely unmoved. And a trifle bored for brief moments while they were all having their tantrums. What I did like was the moments of humor, and ... Black Widow? ... her ability to "interrogate" was great. ;) Also liked Captain America a lot more in this one than in the stand-alone film.

I was, however, extremely PO'd when

they killed off that security/aide guy. Noooooo.....why, why do they always kill off the non-main chrs. I love? At least he had a fun end/lines.

...I was sad. :lol:

She doesn't have any superpowers, and takes on alien spaceships with dual walter PPKs. That was pretty laugable. I didn't think anyone could still out cheese Milla Yankovic.

I think the bow and arrow guy was the tops in that type of category, for me. At least they showed him running out of arrows....eventually. I don't really understand why those two are 'Avengers' - are they enhanced in their humanistic abilities in some way, like Captain America, or just super-skilled regular folk?