What are you playing now?

I'm a Sorcerer up from Mage, my pawn is a Warrior up from Fighter.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

That's the bad thing about being so high level. None of you will rent my pawn. :(

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm offline totally so I couldn't rent your pawn even if I wanted to. :/

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

That's the bad thing about being so high level. None of you will rent my pawn. :(

Sorry about that. My Pawn is a mage all the way so far. Possibly thinking about making her a sorcerer, but I'm also thinking of doing sorcerer for a few levels to level up my overall magic, but haven't decided yet.

With being totally offline, are their just random pawns walking around? I'm not quite how that works.

Playing Mount & Blade: Fire and Sword - I've played the M&B games a lot, but Fire and Sword is hard! I've been captured numerous times over the first few levels. I think I need to invest in a few points to keep my speed on the map faster, I keep getting caught by larger groups of deserters. Firearms also change the nature of the game, a guy with a gun can really knock your health down with a good shot.

And I still can't get over just how many damn characters are voiced by Claudia Christian. Every time I wander into a new city/locale and find yet another npc with her voice..

Didn't notice Claudia Christian much, but Corri English's voice was EVERYWHERE, and it drove me nuts in the end.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Sorry about that. My Pawn is a mage all the way so far. Possibly thinking about making her a sorcerer, but I'm also thinking of doing sorcerer for a few levels to level up my overall magic, but haven't decided yet.

With being totally offline, are their just random pawns walking around? I'm not quite how that works.

Yeah there are computer created Pawns just wandering around or hireable in the rift. They don't level up, whatever items you equip them with are gifts but their non-equiped inventory goes to storage when they're removed from the party.

And Calax i fail to see your point about not sense in terms of progression. Yes the levels were made before the story but they are connected just fine in the end.

And again i disagree, the best parts of the action are these sequences and i expect the game to have them. So more of them, the better. Different transports more fun. It's the same for action adventure movies.

The thing is, the first two games seemed to have at least some connectivity between levels. You were going to this place or that one because the place before had given you a reason to go there. That's why it felt like Indiana Jones the Video Game. Uncharted 3 has about as much connecting some of it's levels together as there is connecting Pawn Stars to Cajun Pawn Stars. I mean there's one level that just ends with Nathan floating in the ocean... and he just MAGICALLY turns up at his ex's door half concious.

And I'm not saying that the transportation or whatever is bad per-se. It's just that every time he gets into a plaforming segment (which often includes transportation) instead of just being able to platform normally, instead you leap from one thing to another and instantly everything just throws you all over the place for 10 seconds while Nathan goes "yaah yaah yaah! AAAAHHH!" before you're allowed to go back to actually playing the game. And there is no "high tension" moment of platforming (where you're trying to get away from somebody, or need to do it somewhat fast) where a rock falls, or the railing gives way, or the train starts flying, and you spend 30 seconds watching Nathan get tossed around, and it just gets REALLY tiresome.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yeah there are computer created Pawns just wandering around or hireable in the rift. They don't level up, whatever items you equip them with are gifts but their non-equiped inventory goes to storage when they're removed from the party.

Those mechanics are shared by online pawns too. In addition, you also get ratings/pre-written messages from other players on your pawn when it gets rented by people online. I thought it was a gimmick at the beginning but.. it turned out to have been an enjoyable system.

Didn't notice Claudia Christian much, but Corri English's voice was EVERYWHERE, and it drove me nuts in the end.

Offhand, it comes to.. hm.. :

In Whiterun, she voices Adrianne Avenicci the blacksmith by the city entrance, Aela the Huntress in the companions, and Uthgerd the Unbroken in the inn..

In Riften she's the voice of the Jarl Laila Law-Giver, aand the voice of Iona, the housecarl you get when you buy a house and become Thane..

In Solitude, the Legate Rikke, and Bryling one of the Thanes, and in relation to a Solitude quest, the voice of Queen Potema..

In Dawnstar, Brina Merilis...

In Markath, it happens to be Faleen the housecarl to the Jarl..

In Windhelm, Voldessa Giryon the dunmer "pirate", and Adelaisa Vendicci the Imperial soldier who can become a follower,

In Falkreath, Zaria in the alchemist's shop

There's Sorli the builder, oh and the ghost of Breya in some Dwemer ruin..

I don't think it's so much that they re-use her as a voice actress, it's that she's not just voicing bit players, but a chunk of "important" one's that you'll talk to repeatedly in the course of the main story and the other story-quests, not simply odd miscellaneous quests you could easily miss.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Those mechanics are shared by online pawns too. In addition, you also get ratings/pre-written messages from other players on your pawn when it gets rented by people online. I thought it was a gimmick at the beginning but.. it turned out to have been an enjoyable system.

yeah the rating areas show up on the pawns I use, but its all empty and there doesn't seem to be a way (or point) to me adding such.

Offhand, it comes to.. hm.. :

In Whiterun, she voices Adrianne Avenicci the blacksmith by the city entrance, Aela the Huntress in the companions, and Uthgerd the Unbroken in the inn..

In Riften she's the voice of the Jarl Laila Law-Giver, aand the voice of Iona, the housecarl you get when you buy a house and become Thane..

In Solitude, the Legate Rikke, and Bryling one of the Thanes, and in relation to a Solitude quest, the voice of Queen Potema..

In Dawnstar, Brina Merilis...

In Markath, it happens to be Faleen the housecarl to the Jarl..

In Windhelm, Voldessa Giryon the dunmer "pirate", and Adelaisa Vendicci the Imperial soldier who can become a follower,

In Falkreath, Zaria in the alchemist's shop

There's Sorli the builder, oh and the ghost of Breya in some Dwemer ruin..

I don't think it's so much that they re-use her as a voice actress, it's that she's not just voicing bit players, but a chunk of "important" one's that you'll talk to repeatedly in the course of the main story and the other story-quests, not simply odd miscellaneous quests you could easily miss.

Stalk her much?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Stalk her much?

It's a recognisable voice, and you keep meeting wildly different characters with the same voice.. There are a couple of other voices that keep cropping up.. but her's was the first I noticed. But then, she voices three characters that are literally about 40 seconds travel apart from each other in Whiterun which is the first city you reach in the game.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The thing is, the first two games seemed to have at least some connectivity between levels. You were going to this place or that one because the place before had given you a reason to go there. That's why it felt like Indiana Jones the Video Game. Uncharted 3 has about as much connecting some of it's levels together as there is connecting Pawn Stars to Cajun Pawn Stars. I mean there's one level that just ends with Nathan floating in the ocean... and he just MAGICALLY turns up at his ex's door half concious.

And I'm not saying that the transportation or whatever is bad per-se. It's just that every time he gets into a plaforming segment (which often includes transportation) instead of just being able to platform normally, instead you leap from one thing to another and instantly everything just throws you all over the place for 10 seconds while Nathan goes "yaah yaah yaah! AAAAHHH!" before you're allowed to go back to actually playing the game. And there is no "high tension" moment of platforming (where you're trying to get away from somebody, or need to do it somewhat fast) where a rock falls, or the railing gives way, or the train starts flying, and you spend 30 seconds watching Nathan get tossed around, and it just gets REALLY tiresome.

Why is it so improbable, that the shipyard and the ship's course are not near that city in Yemen anymore?

You're exaggerating just to get your point across, it's nowhere that common and when it happens it MAKES SENSE.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I'm not exaggerating that much. And while you might have been okay with it, this was what was bothering me as I finished up the game. And some of the "breaking apart" platforming is just stupid given that it only starts breaking when NATHAN goes over it... but it had perfectly held both Sully and the other people Nathan runs around.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Just finished my run of Max Payne 3 on Hardcore, i'm one golden piece away from finishing the set. Wonder what the hell I will get for those?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Just finished my run of Max Payne 3 on Hardcore, i'm one golden piece away from finishing the set. Wonder what the hell I will get for those?

Likely a full set of gold pieces?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished Deus Ex Human Revolution, onto Fallout New Vegas. I never can decide what kind of build to make, so I get bored halfway through and try a new one. Maybe this time I'll see this one through.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

And Morgoth, you're right as always.

9t01fp.gif

Is that from the Great Gatsby?

From the Django Unchained Trailer (about 1:20)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUdM9vrCbow

Edited by Amentep

I'm at 26000 words now.

finished chapter 13, out of a projected 34 chapters.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.