RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

kids around here are pretty retarded. any game more complicated than call of duty is considered "lame". iphone gaming is considered a valid interest. facebook is better than actually spending time with friends.

avatar was considered "the best movie ever" by several teenagers i ran across a about a year ago

edit: true story: three 13 year old boys told me that fallout new vegas was "lame" and "for old people" when they were explaining why it was not as good as call of duty blackops

Lots of valid points relatively speaking. They are right, but there is nothing wrong with being old, it's the best part actually apart from life getting shorter.. But still I wouldn't trade any part of my life for it, except the dead part. :disguise:

(Signatures: disabled) 

an interesting post on how Kickstarter money were spent and how much was left for the developers eventually

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/starcommand/star-command-sci-fi-meets-gamedev-story-for-ios-an/posts/208395

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

an interesting post on how Kickstarter money were spent and how much was left for the developers eventually

http://www.kickstart...an/posts/208395

We lost about $2,000 to no-shows, just people that pledged and the funds did not transfer.

Wait - so kickstarter dose not lock pledged funds immediately?

What's the point of it then?

You're expected to keep making promises even when you can't know how much funds will get transfered in reality.

http://www.kickstart...an/posts/208395

We lost about $2,000 to no-shows, just people that pledged and the funds did not transfer.

Wait - so kickstarter dose not lock pledged funds immediately?

What's the point of it then?

You're expected to keep making promises even when you can't know how much funds will get transfered in reality.

How does that even happen? People give bad details? Broke backers?

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Well, they only wanted 20K for the game? That's rather low. That said, they wasted at least 4K I think. Why the heck did they need to spend funds on Ipads and going to PAX? Poster Art? That would be around 10K so at least half their funds to spend on game development, even if not the entire 20K.

For IPADS I'd have though that would be something they'd have personally anyways if they wanted them.

The rest of the stuff sounds like advertising. If they finished the game already, then I can see it as an advertisement budget, but if they were still making the game...that seems odd to go with the advertising before the actual creation since they don't have to worry about crowing up to a publisher anyways.

Meh. Just my thoughts on their kickstarter thing. Interesting to see how big a chunk Kickstarter takes out.

That's why I am happy that Wasteland 2 got over 3 million. They won't see all of that money, but it is a lot more than their initial 900k / 1 million.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

kids around here are pretty retarded. any game more complicated than call of duty is considered "lame". iphone gaming is considered a valid interest. facebook is better than actually spending time with friends. avatar was considered "the best movie ever" by several teenagers i ran across a about a year ago edit: true story: three 13 year old boys told me that fallout new vegas was "lame" and "for old people" when they were explaining why it was not as good as call of duty blackops

So much for the hope of the bright future for humanity

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I wonder if we're going to reach the visual peak of violence in games any time soon.

Personally I find the throat cutting scene disgusting. How juvenile do people have to be to find that appealing?

Skipping this superhero crap.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

The violence didn't really phase me me one way or the other. While it was in your face (literally), it was also short and to the point. In a sense I like this better than, for example the Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition trailer (that serves as a new intro) where you have burts of blood exploding in slow motion through the air.

Anyways, I was really looking forward to another steampunk game but the art direction in this trailer really didn't do anything for me. And those... guards on robotic... stilts... or whatever they are looked really silly I think.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I wonder if we're going to reach the visual peak of violence in games any time soon.

Personally I find the throat cutting scene disgusting. How juvenile do people have to be to find that appealing?

After this mini-review I felt rather let down by the actual trailer :shrugz:

Yeah, I mean, a game from the creators of Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah. Also having the lead designer of Deus Ex 1 and the art director of Half Life 2 involved. All of them citing their passion for Thief ans such.

Yeah, skipping that superhero crap too.

I mean, DAY 1 PURCHASE!!!!

• Like 1

How very grimdark, civilians getting burned or disintegrated.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah, I mean, a game from the creators of Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah. Also having the lead designer of Deus Ex 1 and the art director of Half Life 2 involved. All of them citing their passion for Thief ans such.

Too bad it's published by Bethesda/Zenimax.

If it was a Kickstarter project i'd have a bit more faith.....

You, have a lot of money to burn.

What I saw in that trailer was Assasin's Creed from a first person perspective, with a lot of nice real world design and a lot of bad imaginary steampunk design.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.eurogamer...an-cod-says-dev

Well thank God, it's more realistic than COD.

I somehow doubt they're going to do the "after 10 days of marching with a heavy weight on your back, drinking half a cup of water per day a bullet hit your head at 300m and you never saw from where," real realism. Really.

Can't stress how much I detest modern shooters. Long live TF2 silliness.