Shadowrun Returns

Yay! WorstUserNameEver, you were right! HBS seem to be a marvel of customer communications.

I got this email back from their producer quite swiftly:

"Yes, I can confirm that your purchase is in our records and it is under this email that you contacted us from.
I suspect that an overzealous spam filter blocked the mail or it otherwise got lost in the ether.
You'll see the email we sent out below.

.Brian Poel
 Producer | Harebrained Schemes"

Phew, I was on their list too. Now, it's just the matter of waiting some more.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I'm glad you got everything sorted out, Indira.  This game is just mere weeks away, I'm super excited.  I'm still not sure if I'm going Ork Decker or Ork Shaman.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yay! WorstUserNameEver, you were right! HBS seem to be a marvel of customer communications.

I got this email back from their producer quite swiftly:

"Yes, I can confirm that your purchase is in our records and it is under this email that you contacted us from.

I suspect that an overzealous spam filter blocked the mail or it otherwise got lost in the ether.

You'll see the email we sent out below.

.Brian Poel

Producer | Harebrained Schemes"

Phew, I was on their list too. Now, it's just the matter of waiting some more.

Glad to hear that! :)

Ladies and gentlement, we have a release date!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns/posts/512751?ref=activity

Here it is: The Official Release Date for Shadowrun Returns is July 25, 2013.

We know we’ve been saying June for some time, but now that we’ve reached this final stage of development, and although our Kickstarter funding was spent some time ago, we've decided to invest additional time in bugfixing and polishing the game. That means a longer crunch period for a tired team, but everyone agrees that it’s worth it.

One of the most common pieces of Backer feedback we've received over the past year is that we should take the time we need to ship this game. We really appreciate that, and we know we've thanked you already about a hundred times already, but we're doing it again because we mean it. Thanks.

You gifted us with your trust as well as your funding and we take that responsibility very seriously. You gave us the opportunity to contribute to something bigger than ourselves and something we think is worth all the time, sacrifice, and hard work. Soon, we’ll give it all back to you.

srr_logo_splash-600x343.jpg

It’s amazing that this update is one of the last before Shadowrun Returns gets into your hands. It’s been an amazing adventure, and as we round the final corner and see the finish line in sight, we want to take a moment to reflect - not on how we got here, but on why we started in the first place.

For us, the mission has always been clear - we’re making Shadowrun Returns because we believe that after 24 years of tabletop, console, board, card, and action-figure games, plus all those novels, Shadowrun remains a rich, vibrant, and relevant setting to play and tell stories in and we want everyone to be able to share our love of it.

From the beginning, this whole thing has really been about a shared community experience.

• Shadowrun itself is a shared world. For decades, tabletop Game Masters have been sharing their Shadowrun stories with players in their living rooms, novel authors have been sharing their Shadowrun stories with readers, Jake Armitage shared his own story in the Shadowrun SNES game, and so on.

• Our Backers shared a belief in the project, the cost of development, and the year-long + experience of watching the game develop.

• With the Shadowrun Returns Editor, everyone is empowered to author and share their own stories with the community, to support each other’s creativity, and to improve upon the work we’ve done to get things started.

• We see our Seattle campaign, “The Dead Man’s Switch”, as the FIRST story of what we hope will be thousands of stories, rather than as THE story of Shadowrun Returns. When the game ships, you’ll have access to our entire Seattle campaign using the SRR Editor, allowing you to use it as a reference and starting point for your own stories. We hope that by sharing our campaign in this way, we’ll accelerate the growth of Shadowrun storytelling.

• Harebrained Schemes, Catalyst Game Labs, and Cliffhanger Productions all share in the Year of Shadowrun and the management of the shadowrun.com community website - a great communication hub and collaboration site for community created content.

Our approach to the project was inspired by our old-school tabletop roleplaying roots - we developed the World (the game systems and art), and the Rule Book (the Editor), and your first adventure (the Seattle campaign).

After the game ships, the power is in your hands. As we’ve said from the beginning, our Seattle story is just the beginning of what Shadowrun Returns can be and we are eager to see what this amazing community will create with the tools we’ve developed.

In fact, it's already happening. 

Backers with early access to the Shadowrun Editor are already building things that surprise and delight us after only two weeks since its release. Check out some of the cool stuff that’s surfaced so far (note that some placeholder art still exists in these videos):

A reverse of our Alpha Gameplay Video by McDougle 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=57L4bEOYgvE

A scene by scene recreation of the Shadowrun SNES game by Ledeir 

wiki: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/snes-shadowrun

youtube: http://www.youtube.com/playlistlist=PLGc_aR_ru5pSZwbA52qneFqQzg3okMkcn

A thread about The Lost Lamb Mission by Dislexicoder 

http://www.shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/27145/the-lost-lamb-original-mission-download-link-in-first-post

Some images of cool maps for Deliver Me From Evil Module Conversion by Johnny_Memphis 

http://johnnymemphis.deviantart.com/gallery/44144886

Shadowrun Identity by Opifer  A call for participation in a full-length (100+ hours) community-made campaign. The goal is to recreate the world of Shadowrun using the original pen-and-paper sourcebooks, published adventures and novels. 

www.shadowrunidentity.org and http://shadowrunrebuilt.com/

It’s incredibly rewarding to see these folks jumping in with both feet and charting a path for others to start their own creations when they get the game. A buzz runs through the studio when someone finds one of these links and passes it around to the rest of the team.

Oh, and before we go, we thought we’d leave you with these brand-spanking new screenshots of never-before-seen stuff. We hope you enjoy them! 

HBS

Important Note for Kickstarter Backers:

Your Steam key (for Windows & OSX) will be available a day early, on July 24th, from the HBS Accounts website, though the game will not activate until July 25th. (If you need help getting access to this site, contact info@hbs-studios.com.) On July 25th, you will also be able to download your DRM-free version of the game and all Kickstarter digital rewards directly from the HBS Account website. More information about physical rewards delivery will be forthcoming in a separate Kickstarter update.

srr_screen01_pikeplace-600x337.jpg
srr_screen06_barrens-600x337.jpg
srr_screen02_tenements-600x337.jpg
srr_screen05_matrix-600x337.jpg
srr_screen04_morgue-600x337.jpg
srr_screen03_crimescene-600x337.jpg
srr_editor-600x362.jpg

Woot!  That's just 1 week away.

/starts planning out Ork Shaman or Decker

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Bit more than 1 week. Pre-ordered it as well, figured, what the hey.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• 4 weeks later...

Got an email telling me I should get an email soon.  :rolleyes:

As long as I get that email (containing my key) on or before launch, I'l be a happy camper.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Got an email telling me I should get an email soon.  :rolleyes:

As long as I get that email (containing my key) on or before launch, I'l be a happy camper.

I will be on holliday around launch anyway, so don't care when I get the mail :p

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Yeah, got the email too today, with a Steam key included. Sort of confirming that "slacker backers" (i.e. post Kickstarter supporters) are included on their list.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Mine activated fine. Let's hope it's good? The editor looks solid, so it should be worth the dosh for that at least!

I made a 2 hour rant video about dragon age 2. It's not the greatest... but if you want to watch it, here ya go:

Yeah, got the email too today, with a Steam key included. Sort of confirming that "slacker backers" (i.e. post Kickstarter supporters) are included on their list.

I wonder in what order they are sending them out. Some kickstarters send things out in order of backer tiers. Obviously this is not the case here.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Well backers got extra goodies in the email. :p

And i've almost been spoiled by Let's play vidoes on youtube.  Damn alpha players, i want to be surprised.ž

edit: and i've just realised that i'll be on vacation when the game is released. Well it's only 4 days.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I have an extra key if anyone needs one and isn't opposed to Steam

I would love a key for Shadowrun Returns?

I haven't purchased the game yet

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I have an extra key if anyone needs one and isn't opposed to Steam

I would gladly pay for a game, But HBS completely lost my trust after their 180 decision for DRM...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours