Mass Effect 3

Gorth

The Day-1 DLC's quest is short, and not very interesting. The squadmate on the other hand, is. He also has a lot of dialogue in various cutscenes on other missions.

Diana Allers doesn't seem to have alot of dialogue, but you can have sex with her. Dunno if she has more after you do, I passed up on it.

EDIT: On that note, all the NPCs on Normandy have waaayyy more dialogue than they did in ME1 or 2. Including dialogue with each other, as opposed to just with Shepard.

Edited by MrBrown

Well... it seems like your partners are a lot easier to bed. Allers I've talked to twice and I got the "invite to your cabin" button. And yet I'm still wanting to stick to Liara as a partner... even if the game seems downright devoted to not letting her be romantic/personal at all (didn't see her for the last few missions, she shows up to give me reports as my XO, but generally doesn't really have that much to say).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

On that note, all the NPCs on Normandy have waaayyy more dialogue than they did in ME1 or 2. Including dialogue with each other, as opposed to just with Shepard.

Sounds like the game is playing itself more. Is it only the Normandy or is there more Party Banter as well out in the field?

(Signatures: disabled) 

Worth a chuckle.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well... it seems like your partners are a lot easier to bed. Allers I've talked to twice and I got the "invite to your cabin" button. And yet I'm still wanting to stick to Liara as a partner... even if the game seems downright devoted to not letting her be romantic/personal at all (didn't see her for the last few missions, she shows up to give me reports as my XO, but generally doesn't really have that much to say).

Oh? I've gotten at least 2 or 3 romantic scenes with her, up to that point. And they were decently done too. I got the impression they put more effort to it, myself.

On that note, all the NPCs on Normandy have waaayyy more dialogue than they did in ME1 or 2. Including dialogue with each other, as opposed to just with Shepard.

Sounds like the game is playing itself more. Is it only the Normandy or is there more Party Banter as well out in the field?

Yes, in the field as well, including unique cutscenes on missions. Several of the NPCs will also hang out in various places on the Citadel, when you go there.

So from my understanding, you get a whole batch of assorted side-quests by overhearing conversations on the citadel, and a lot of these get solved by finding things either via scanning planets, or something you can pick up during other missions.

So does that mean the items can be found before you get the side-quest, and then get stocked up until you happen to encounter it. Or do they only show up after you get the side-quest?

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

You can get the item before you get the quest. If you do, then you get the quest that way and it tells you that you need to find someone who can use it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Ah so like Ilum

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

People find the weirdest things to complain about. That's why people are fanascinatingc reatures espicially on the internet.

Also, Boo is still fighting the fight. You'd think he'd have more fun playing/discussing games he actually likes. L0L

Also,m everytime I read a review/post/whathave you claiming that KOTOR is BIO's best game I just can't take them seriously whether they like what I like or not.

For the record, I've only played the prologue of ME3 so far so no comment on actual quality.. except, no way no how is KOTOR or BG1 better than it and if someonme thinks theya re their opinion cannot be taken seriously. Just sayin'.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Honestly, the writing for this game is a wee bit... focused. They keep hitting the "War is aweful and effects everyone" button so hard, it's become worthless. Every time you meet somebody new, they seem to have their "Oh god, I might die" break down right in front of you.

Now, I understand that some of this is because the scale of warfare. No matter what you're gonna see it's effects. But just... it's TO over the top about the effects and so on.

Also, the game seems very static, and confused. Static in that it's like the previous games, where various planets aren't gonna change that much. Confused in that it gives you SO few directions in your quest journal that you will spend 20 minutes wandering the citadel to figure out where a single console is. You get no directions for side quests (and god help you if you find an item before you got the quest). Add onto that the fact that 90% of the quests you get are from conversations you overhear, and you'll be spending WAY to much time re-treading the same 6 tiny maps on the citadel.

Final thing, if IGN's guide is anything to go by (yes, I looked up the location of things on the citadel because I got frustrated after 30 minutes of random wandering), a HUGE portion of the side-quests I'm now doing are from the "DLC". So far, Samara, Jacob, Aria, Jack, Grunt, Zaeed... all are classified (by IGN anyway) as DLC rather than as a standard side quest... although their filing system is odd.

IGN is making a strange mistake if they're listing all of that as DLC. They're the same ones saying there's 16 endings.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

"Oh look, the typonator is back to regurgitate his BS on us. Yay. "

This thread has been full of BS for 23 pages before I showed up.

"Also, the game seems very static, and confused. Static in that it's like the previous games, where various planets aren't gonna change that much. Confused in that it gives you SO few directions in your quest journal that you will spend 20 minutes wandering the citadel to figure out where a single console is. You get no directions for side quests (and god help you if you find an item before you got the quest). Add onto that the fact that 90% of the quests you get are from conversations you overhear, and you'll be spending WAY to much time re-treading the same 6 tiny maps on the citadel."

Yeahm, pity they don't baby you as much other games. THE HORROR!

Follow the arrow, brave adventurer, follow the arrow!

P.S. there's enough babying in the ME series as it is.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I do have to admit.. One of the things that has me mildly puzzled is just how Ashley has gone from Gunnery Chief (a nice NCO post) to being a Lieutenant Commander (a fairly senior officer). I mean, Lieutenant Commanders are XO's to the frigates and such.... I know the whole Saren/Geth/Sovereign thing probably got her a promotion, but damn, only three years have passed.... One of those mild mental niggles that has me curious to see just how (or if) it'll be explained.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I don't pay any attention to the rank stuff in this game. I have no idea what my own rank means.

There is a map that tells you where all the quest stuff is on the Citadel. I believe you hit the M button.

Animations are pretty terrible, they're right up there with Oblivion's.

Combat is kinda trivial. Most enemies are unprotected and my soldier can spam Concussive shot over and over again when I just carry an assault rifle, while Liara can spam Singularity.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

The map can be helpful yes, but sometimes it doesn't show things like "return to the conversation you overheard" or "Find the terminal" which can be on any of the six floors of the Citadel.

Almost done. It's like they took The Matrix, Serentiy, Star Trek and Battlestar Gallactica threw them in a pot, and gave it a good shake. Pleasantly surprised though. For all the raving it's a good game.

You forgot Babylon 5, which is probably the biggest influence on Mass Effect.

Almost done. It's like they took The Matrix, Serentiy, Star Trek and Battlestar Gallactica threw them in a pot, and gave it a good shake. Pleasantly surprised though. For all the raving it's a good game.

Somewhat Ironically, it feels like they took the parts I didn't like to much of each of those and amped them up to eleven

You forgot Babylon 5, which is probably the biggest influence on Mass Effect.

Nobody watched Babylon 5. Well maybe the Mass Effect writers. Anyway I tend to group it with Star Trek, same makeup artists.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.