Mass Effect 3

Gorth

Several copies of the CE does seem rather wild right from the start. I suppose if you thought you'd need all of them eventually.

Well, it's gonna be a lot harder buying them down the road. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well, it sold more than DAO and was developed in a fraction of the time. I think it was very profitable, I just suspect they're not yet done with it. :p

Where did you get these numbers? I've only heard that it sold a bout a million fewer copies.

Well, it sold more than DAO and was developed in a fraction of the time. I think it was very profitable, I just suspect they're not yet done with it. :p

Where did you get these numbers? I've only heard that it sold a bout a million fewer copies.

Everything I've been able to find suggests that it initially outsold DAO, but dropped off pretty quickly in comparison.

Working on a final save of ME2 for import. I've got about half the loyalty missions finished so far and I still need to go through some of the DLC. Playing the demo so much has made ME2 kinda painful to play. Shepard moves so slowly when you can't run for more than 3 seconds. :/

Replaying ME2 after ME1, I was surprised how bland and uninspired Jennifer Hale's voice-over suddenly became. No emotion or passion whatsoever, while she was pretty amazing in Bulletstorm.

Maybe the BioWare voice direction wore her out.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

It's pretty crazy that you have to play the game all the way from ME1, then import to ME2 to get everything set the way you want it. I got that 'comic' what's-its-name.. Genesis DLC for ME2 to fix that originally, but it only covers the big picture with 2-3 choices that doesn't include your dealings with any secondary characters like Conrad Verner, Gianni Parsini or Shiala.. I felt ripped off. Stalling the intro 15 minutes more with nothing gained.. Not to mention how boring and monotonous that was.. Pffthh!! Doubtful whether any of these encounters will have any effecf on ME3, but maybe there will be one more husk to kill..

(Signatures: disabled) 

I played ME2 then ME1 so I'd be in a bit of a pickle if I chose to buy ME3 - ME2 was finished with a boring old default Shep who wasn't really RPed (no idea what key choices I even made), whereas my ME1 character was at least reasonably developed. I really don't feel like replaying (either game) so as I imagine there probably won't be an ME1->ME3 export procedure 'll probably end up just creating a new Shep. Eh.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

There's always Gibbed's Save Editor that lets you create new saves and edit currents save and change the plot points around. It's mostly geared for ME1, with some elements of ME2 have been added I believe.

Hell, if you wait a month or two , someone will probably modify it for the ME2 to ME3 area..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

If available at the right time I'd probably start a game from scratch using it - I've tried the ME1-ME2 export procedure and it made the character facial structure a bit wonky so there's no real reason to export assuming the editor is reasonably comprehensive.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Everything I've been able to find suggests that it initially outsold DAO, but dropped off pretty quickly in comparison.

I'm under the same impression, that it sold fairly well at first, but then it just stopped, and thus in total falling short of DA:O sales numbers by a lot.

Edit: For reference, VGChartz lists DA:O at roughly 4 million total across all platforms, with DA 2 at roughly 1.85 million. Make of those numbers what you will.

Edited by Spider

I can't fathom too many people buying this game just for horde mode. But I'm remarkably ignorant on how CoD sells, too.

My own ignorance astounds me.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm under the same impression, that it sold fairly well at first, but then it just stopped, and thus in total falling short of DA:O sales numbers by a lot.

Edit: For reference, VGChartz lists DA:O at roughly 4 million total across all platforms, with DA 2 at roughly 1.85 million. Make of those numbers what you will.

It initially had a lot of momentum from DA:O's success, but then word of mouth got around that it was crap, and people stopped buying it. Somewhat reassuring that a bad game still won't sell as well as a good game, no matter how much hype is behind it.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

So why did DA:O sell 4 million copies then? :>

Because it wasn't outright crap? There were flaws in it, and I'd say replayability is actually quite low because of the amount of grinding slog in some of the sections.. but at the time there wasn't much in the way of decent fantasy rpg type games, and it was a fairly decent offering.

Hell, even DA2 had good points. I actually loved the whole setup of staging the progress of time like that, and setting things up for that growth and potential fallout of decisions you made earlier. Unfortunately the problems, the "only 3 dungeons reused continuously" and the fact that while some pieces of writing and setup were damn good, it would then sink to serious depths..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I've done all the loyalty mission for the characters I have. I just need to recruit/loyalty Tali and recuit/loyalty Legion. Then I can hop through the relay and save the galaxy from the evil invading horde.

So why did DA:O sell 4 million copies then? :>

It had an 'evil horde invading, save the world' plot. Those are popular.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

The worst thing about DA2 was retroactively turning DA into a great game.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

People hating on DAO. :(

Yeah, well I hate your favorite games too!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

As I see it, DAO was the death knell for party based tactical RPGs. Lame combat made worse by an extremely lacking roster of enemies, and crap encounter design.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

People hating on DAO. :(

Yeah, well I hate your favorite games too!

I agree, this is all very interesting (not really), but this is the ME3 thread. Please take all your DAO hating somewhere else. Shoo!! :p

There's always Gibbed's Save Editor that lets you create new saves and edit currents save and change the plot points around. It's mostly geared for ME1, with some elements of ME2 have been added I believe.

Hell, if you wait a month or two , someone will probably modify it for the ME2 to ME3 area..

Well.. It feels like cheating (Boooo) and I think it should have been covered by the Genesis DLC anyway.

(Signatures: disabled) 

The worst thing about DA2 was retroactively turning DA into a great game.

I agree with this statement, but probably not with the intent. :)

Re: DA2/DAO numbers, guess my "iirc" was off, then. Certainly the way the DLC tapered off and disappeared would suggest that you are right. Personally consider the "badness" of DA2 to be something we'll see in group psychology textbooks down the road.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif