Mass Effect 3

Gorth

Twitter probably to blame for it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's intimate in the same way that the first-person viewpoint is more intimate than multiple third-person viewpoints.

The twitter feed was a twelve hour performance piece. Over a hundred people participated in spontaneous role-playing over twitter and on message boards. What you're doing right now is like reading a transcript of my last DnD session backwards. You're getting none of the pacing, the buildup, or the social interaction.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

The sad thing about the whole transvestite Ashley thing is that, given recent trends, it doesn't sound too far out from something BioWare might actually do.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Of course Bioware gets ridiculed, its completely impervious to constructive criticism unless it consists of 75% brown nosing, 10% nodding and 15% clapping at their poor design choices and false advertising.

Because you know, the dialogue wheel is so innovative.

And no fat jokes about them on their forums, they're strictly against bullying and all, now.

Strictly against bullying and opposing views.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Of course, I was half wondering if the end sequence was going to be the big reveal that it's been a "last gasp, dying dream" of Shephard after being exposed to the Prothean Beacon in ME1 and he never actually made it off Eden Prime... :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It's intimate in the same way that the first-person viewpoint is more intimate than multiple third-person viewpoints.

The twitter feed was a twelve hour performance piece. Over a hundred people participated in spontaneous role-playing over twitter and on message boards. What you're doing right now is like reading a transcript of my last DnD session backwards. You're getting none of the pacing, the buildup, or the social interaction.

That doesn't make it intimate or even remotly as WOTW was. Like at all.

But I'm crawling back here. Wasn't there as it happened nor participating so my perspective is skewed to begin with. Wasn't emotionally engaged enough, I guess.

Edited by C2B

Of course Bioware gets ridiculed, its completely impervious to constructive criticism unless it consists of 75% brown nosing, 10% nodding and 15% clapping at their poor design choices and false advertising.

Because you know, the dialogue wheel is so innovative.

And RTS-es didn't have stories. Until Bioware came along and innovated the genre, that is!

S'yeah, glad to see you guys back in form.

EA also released a Mass Effect game (Infiltrator) for ios last night. I bought it. "Because you're a Bioware fanboy!" I hear you saying. But you're wrong. It's because the protagonist is voiced by Jay ****ING Anthony Franke! \m/

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Edit: And dammit, I still have to wait till Friday for the UK release. Bloody hell, even Russia gets the game before us. Where's the logic?

In Kamchatka? :D

I gave in and used VPN, but because Preorder guns haven't arrived yet, i'm going to wait until they do. I have enough time to redo my ME1 face, since i can't import it to ME3. >_<

1.13 killed off Ja2.

EA also released a Mass Effect game (Infiltrator) for ios last night. I bought it. "Because you're a Bioware fanboy!" I hear you saying. But you're wrong. It's because the protagonist is voiced by Jay ****ING Anthony Franke! \m/

Wasn't the ME2 tie-in iOs game crap?
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Wasn't the ME2 tie-in iOs game crap?

Yes. But anything with JC/Paul Denton in it is better than anything without him. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Does he say "A REAPER?!" ? If so, that'd be pretty cool.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well then maybe I won't need to download the game, just watch it on IGN :p

http://www.gameranx....mmunity-forums/

Gotta love the trolling.

I cant believe they felt compelled to include a transvestite NPC. Seriously, I had no idea the transvestite community had such numbers! I guess hermaphrodites will have to wait until ME4.

Gay is so ten years ago, how are you going to shock with that. Trans gender rights, or whatever, is in vouge. Probably since they more than any other group still experience the sharp end of discrimination (pun intended). Which is all good, live and let live and all that.

Too bad they aren't all as hot as Ashley Williams. There is this one 'girl' who goes to the same supermarket as me. Ugh...

Ashely Wiliams is not a transvestite, she is a transsexual, or trans gender person. And she is really a man, it seems, thus explaining why Bioware decided to make the love/sex scenes fade to black at a certain point during them. Ashley Williams is a man with masculine strengths etc. and a feminine physique e.g. breasts etc. Maybe Bioware made Ashley Williams trans gender or trans sexual because of the whole Mark of the Assasin incident in which a trans gender person complained about what she or he saw as ridicule of trans gender persons in the dlc for DA2. I didn't quite understand what the -ehm-? problem was, but I do know that Bioware promised to make prominent role for trans gender people in ME3...

And while they may have done, to me, they sort of have, no not, demeaned, but played down the achievements of a female Ashley Williams who can hold her own against men, and sometimes even surpasses them. It is like Bioware is saying, well Ashley Williams is not a women, she just like this way, and all the things she has done etc. in the ME universe, she has done because she is really a man. This is not an attack of transgender people, male or female, but a bewildering and wondering about why Bioware have chosen to do this...

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

I'm not quite sure about this, but judging from Stanley Woo's comment via the linked thread in my comment (made by another poster as a quote in my comment), it certainly appears this way. I'm using the word appeared deliberately as there may have been hints throughout the first ME1 game since Ashley wasn't in the second game.

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

Hey, my shuttle pilot is gay and has a hubby who got left on earth... he's slightly broken up about it.

As to Ash? D'm not sure how they could have changed her gender given that she's the sex option from the first game... I donno, but if she was "hiding something" I'm pretty sure the sex scene would have stopped with a O.o face when the jumpsuit dropped.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well then maybe I won't need to download the game, just watch it on IGN :p

http://www.gameranx....mmunity-forums/

Gotta love the trolling.

I cant believe they felt compelled to include a transvestite NPC. Seriously, I had no idea the transvestite community had such numbers! I guess hermaphrodites will have to wait until ME4.

There's already a hermaphrodite. It's made explicit (hoho) that Asari can be both male or female depending on the circumstance, hence Liara (ME1 romance option) is a hermaphrodite.

It's never stated that Asari can be male or female. They're always female.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."