What are you playing now?

Gorth

ps to my last post: i'll still buy dark souls 2 if/when they make it. i just hope they include an "i give up" difficulty that unlocks after 100 deaths.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Got Arcanum and TA off GOG, so will be doing that.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

ok, 73 hours played and im officially rage quitting dark souls. great game, too hard.

it didn't become too hard until about 75% of the way through the game, now i have 4 bosses left, and cannot beat any of the 3 i have access to. i probably could after trying a few more times on each of them, but i just can't bring myself to do it. this game, like vagrant story, will go into my "great game but too hard and i never finished it" pile. currently that pile just has demons souls, vagrant story, and persona 2 in it (and about 80% of my genesis, snes, and nes collection).

You've beaten Ornstein and Smough and you have trouble with the last bosses? o.O

AND YOU HAVENT FINISHED DEMON'S SOULS? Why? :(

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Just finished Old World Blues. Too many boring Fed Ex quests. Now onto Lonesome Road.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I just finished Point Lookout, apart from a few railroading moments I think it's some of Bethesda's best design and writing, I've just got to stomach Mothershi* Zeta (ahh it's not that bad) and go visit a few places in the Wasteland then I'm done, I can put Fallout 3 to bed forever :(

Edited by WDeranged

The only necessary ability to succeed at Dark Souls is commitment to grind.

This. Exactly the feeling I got, and I only played for maybe one hour (and I haven't felt the need to pick up the controller again). I know I can probably get past everything the game throws at me (through grinding), but.. it's not fun.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Finished 3rd playthrough of Fallout: New Vegas. I own couple DLCs but did not bother to play them, the main story was enough. This time I found the 50 star caps without cheating, and I finished the game by being NCR pawn.

My Icewind Dale 2 re-run has been put on hold due to lack of interest. It was fun for a while but damn that game gets repetetive fast.

Now playing The Sims 3 again. Made my avatar a vampire and then ghosted him, now I'm enjoying my brand new ghost-vampire-evil mastermind (shame though he lost the vampires fast movement).

In order to get my savegame ready for Mass Effect 3 - and also because I have a new 24" TFT - I am replaying Mass Effect 2 again right now. Also this time with all the DLCs and stuff. I still think it's not a bad game, but now that I am replaying it, I see not a single bit of RPG in it anymore. Seriously. Some combat stats and a bit dialogue doesn't transform a game into an rpg. I personally don't expect anything else, though, so I am totally fine with it. I just can't understand how this is called an rpg, while it is much more a third person shooter with some non-shooter parts here and there to balance out the games pacing.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I just finished Point Lookout, apart from a few railroading moments I think it's some of Bethesda's best design and writing, I've just got to stomach Mothershi* Zeta (ahh it's not that bad) and go visit a few places in the Wasteland then I'm done, I can put Fallout 3 to bed forever :lol:

I actually kind of liked Zeta, campy 50's sci-fi in a Burtons 'Mars Attacks!' kind of way. Heck, I loved Point Lookout (minus the &^%$# Ghoul Reavers) and The Pitt. Only when I ran into Little Lamplight did I put down the game in disgust. Maybe someday in a distant future I might return and put a bullet in President Edens head.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I came to terms with Fallout 3 when I realised it was a fantasy game draped in a thin layer of guns and radiation. Case in point: Reilly's Rangers. It's properly weakass, but it can be enjoyed if you don't want anything worthwhile. Like twinkies.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yeah I think that's the thing with most of the crappier/weirder elements in Fallout 3, a lot of it would slot right into an Elder Scrolls scenario because of magic or wizards or demons or something, I still think Fallout 3 is Bethesda's best game though.

Edited by WDeranged

Well Arcanum is pretty fun so far, and no crashes, so must be lucky.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

A little bit of Universe Sandbox. There's something strangely soothing about setting up galaxies to orbit and crash into each other and watching it unfold over time....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well Arcanum is pretty fun so far, and no crashes, so must be lucky.

WARNING! DANGER, WILL ROBINSON!

Be very very careful about how you build your character. Check guides.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Am trying to make some roguish pistol wielder. Naturally I will fail and end up scraping by to complete the game, which will end in me ragequitting but lying about completing it to get RPG-cred. :(

So, I decided to play through the entire Kingdom Hearts Series (bought (nearly) all the games during the years, but never really played them)

I have to say: Other games/movies/books/whatever make the "IT'S PEOPLE" reveal a somewhat emotional big point in the story. Kingdom Hearts comes right out with it, then spends the end of the first and all subsequent games with humanizing them while all charachters (for the most part) seem to be pretty cool with beeing mass murderers.

What I want to say is: KH's pretty ****ed up.

(At least the Disney Stuff is usually well done)

Edited by C2B

The only necessary ability to succeed at Dark Souls is commitment to grind.

This. Exactly the feeling I got, and I only played for maybe one hour (and I haven't felt the need to pick up the controller again). I know I can probably get past everything the game throws at me (through grinding), but.. it's not fun.

after 73 hours i can assuredly say that grinding is almost completely useless in dark souls once your past the 50% mark of the game, so if that was a concern for you, then it can safely be put to rest.

however, that also means that the game is obscenely challenging once you get past the 50% mark, since at that point it pretty much comes down purely to skill.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

So, I decided to play through the entire Kingdom Hearts Series (bought (nearly) all the games during the years, but never really played them)

I have to say: Other games/movies/books/whatever make the "IT'S PEOPLE" reveal a somewhat emotional big point in the story. Kingdom Hearts comes right out with it, then spends the end of the first and all subsequent games with humanizing them while all charachters (for the most part) seem to be pretty cool with beeing mass murderers.

I got tired of Kingdom Hearts on the first one out. It seemed so much on railroads that if I didn't visit places in the exact order that was expected, cut scenes did not occur. That sort of lost me...as I'd go to a shop, didn't matter how much time passed, until I went to the exact right place, things would happen. Frustrating if you don't use a walkthrough, and most times I don't...which means I gave up on the KH series.

i liked the first kingdom hearts a lot, but when i tried to play the second one i couldn't make it past the first couple hours, it was just really tedious.

I got tired of Kingdom Hearts on the first one out. It seemed so much on railroads that if I didn't visit places in the exact order that was expected, cut scenes did not occur. That sort of lost me...as I'd go to a shop, didn't matter how much time passed, until I went to the exact right place, things would happen. Frustrating if you don't use a walkthrough, and most times I don't...which means I gave up on the KH series.

Theres only like 1-2 moments like this in KH1 I can recall. And only for Traverse Town.

Edited by C2B