What you did today

Tale

My bloody roommate decided that he's going to entirely change the room, including how I usually end up getting on my bloody bed, because "It looks better". He's trying to defuse the situation saying constantly "It's fine!" but My issue is more with the fact that he didn't even tell me this was happening before he did it, and did it at work saying "You'd yell about it either way."

Still entirely missing the bloody point >.<

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I certainly don't (tend to) get into fights on my own account. But there's a bloody minded streak in me which won't (normally) back down. Plus I have an incredibly dumb streak which I'm quite proud of which catapults me into situations where I reckon one side is being bullied. Apparently my Irish grandad used to do the same thing. So I guess if I get knifed up doing it at least I'm carrying on the family tradition.

On the other hand I can usually see the other guy's point of view, even when he's a drunken idiot.

Scratch that. BECAUSE he's a drunken idiot. And I am too.

~

We don't have fraternities in the UK, as such. But I have been told by Americans that a lot of my stories from uni sound like frat stories. What I'd say in defence of it, which isn't very obvious to people who were more retiring at uni is: free application of energy. A lot of the things you probably think of as being good about uni come from free application of energy. All that thinking and drug taking and *ahem* experimentation comes because you have the courage and momentum and raw energy to do them. 'Frat' behaviour means doing dumb stuff, which loosens the ties which bind. It also gives you a bunch of like-minded goons who have done the same stuff. It lends courage, and comfort to the process. And yes, some bloody weevil-brained asshats will often try and hijack the system and turn it all fascist. But it isn't always that way.

At least, that's my theory.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So in short peer pressure works because it puts you out your comfort zone and expands your view.

Don't know if that's worth getting paddled on arse. Or worse, in the arse.

Krookie:(i'm just having fun at your expense I seriously don't know what goes on fraternities, I don't think it will be horror movie bad but don't expect a bed of roses either)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Urf, now I don't know if it wasn't being able to get to sleep till nearly 4am, but it was seriously hard going to push myself out of bed this morning. Although having the alsatian turn up, paw at the bed , whine and attempt to lick your face is not the best form of alarm clock.

Slowly facing the morning as it slides along, with plans to get some work done as the afternoon rolls in.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Although having the alsatian turn up, paw at the bed , whine and attempt to lick your face is not the best form of alarm clock.

I dunno, while I consider a fit naked brunette bringing me breakfast to bed the ultimate wake-up, getting my face licked by a goggie sure beats any mechanical ringing.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Another exceptionally wonderful commute packed in like sardines in a streetcar with heavily cologned folk. Although did see why you shouldn't antagonize crazy homeless people, one was ranting near some suits at a bus stop, some suit decides to mock the guy to his face and got punched for it, ahh people in this city. Sadly didn't see how the brawl ended though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You left out point 7.

7) Murdered by jealous forumites. And Shryke, who basically joins in to be sociable.

nah i'd be more likely to fistbump him ;)

gf and i spent most of today just lazing around on the couch watching QI

among other things... ahem :shifty:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

You know that bit about "...and lose, and start again at your beginnings. Yet never breathe a word about your loss..." Well this is me angry breathing. I know I'm hardly the only person in the world struggling to cope with the blind institutional panic gripping the world right now. But it's still bloody annoying.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

cats-now-glowing.jpg

I have found the pet that I want to own...

and no, that's not a light being put on kitteh, that's kitteh itself doing the glowing in order to stomp out feline aids.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Just found out that the ice-hockey season is ruined. RUINED after 2 ******** games. They just let go of the head coach that has gotten the team 1 championship (1st ever) and 3 consecutive regular season titles.

I guess they players will be happier now, not making the play-offs or if they by some miracle manage to get there they will lose on the 1st round.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Trying to focus on some work, elucidating my genius into a report.

Of course, somewhat hampered by the development of one of those really annoying stabbing headaches just over my left eye. Every few pulses of stabby pain making my eye twitch a little.

Still, a cup of tea, a digestive, and some aspirin type and I shall carry onwards....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

cats-now-glowing.jpg

I have found the pet that I want to own...

and no, that's not a light being put on kitteh, that's kitteh itself doing the glowing in order to stomp out feline aids.

I think you'll like these better:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Just found out that the ice-hockey season is ruined. RUINED after 2 ******** games. They just let go of the head coach that has gotten the team 1 championship (1st ever) and 3 consecutive regular season titles.

I guess they players will be happier now, not making the play-offs or if they by some miracle manage to get there they will lose on the 1st round.

;)

I had a short panic attack due to mistaking the phrase "graduate degree" for "doctorate." I can't help but think this reflects poorly on my self esteem.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I had a short panic attack due to mistaking the phrase "graduate degree" for "doctorate." I can't help but think this reflects poorly on my self esteem.

When would THAT happen? ;)

-Elwood Blues

When would THAT happen? ;)

When looking at job requirements, while also being afraid that your degree is worthless. Thinking people require an even more advanced degree than they actually do doesn't help.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Doesn't everybody have one? o:)

The job market is insane right now. I just had a CV in front of me and I was thinking "No way can we afford this guy" then I read he was being put forward at about 10k less than I expected.

I don't know about you chaps, but I'm losing a lot of sleep over the economy right now. It's not just lowering demand, but people are acting NUTS. Panic, underinvesting, gutting their own service capabilities...

-Elwood Blues