What you did today

Tale

Got home from the hospital late last Friday. Feelin fairly rough buy glad to be back home. Will return to post more later.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

It is great to see you posting tarna! Thanks for the chat and I look forward to seeing you cause trouble as you feel up to it :)

Got home from the hospital late last Friday. Feelin fairly rough buy glad to be back home. Will return to post more later.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Good to see you back! Fwiiw, my mum used to drink a kind of tea made with fresh root ginger. Not sure if it'll suit your circumstance, but at least it has a kick to it, even if it's not alcohol.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Excellent news. Keep fighting, we're praying for you.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

It's always odd when you go through the day managing to keep a sort of upbeat optimism going. When a quiet moment hits in the evening and for no apparent reason, your mood just totally drops way down.

Edit:

I think I might just put on some Vangelis and bury myself in a book away from the world for the evening.. At least as much as reality allows.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Playing with a WordPress site. Off to an evening meeting soon ...

Like, on the internet? You can't have a real job, I thought you just moderated forums in the control room of the Internet for a living?

Control room? Obsidian moderators are in a sort of cupboard sized area just off the boiler room, where they are never free of the noise caused by the mewing of unbearably fluffy cats making apparently human facial expressions then licking themselves.

And the coffee machine has no name brand coffees. Or tea without milk.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That's only my future job from which I watch all from the Roost :)

Playing with a WordPress site. Off to an evening meeting soon ...

Like, on the internet? You can't have a real job, I thought you just moderated forums in the control room of the Internet for a living?

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Enjoying a bit of easy time at work these days. Sort of the calm before the storm as one of our biggest projects ever is going to kick off in a few weeks time. Goodbye life, it was nice knowing you. Sort of wondering if I should put in my annual leave request for next August now, just to be sure :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Had the morning start with the dogs being a tad overplayful and snappy with each other, then got a few things handled.

Now trying to get my mind wrapped around the geometry of Tesseracts. For some reason I just can't seem to get the proper visual connection of what's going on with it.

Maybe a fresh cup of tea will help stir my mind along.

President and CEO coming by our craptastic office today, will be a joy to watch the sycophancy at least.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just packed up a sandwich, a 12 pack of Sam Adams Octoberfest, my fishing gear and I've got a pack of dogs in tow. Time to walk down to Cold Creek and spend the day fishing.

You are all SO jealous! You don't have to say it, I already know!

:p

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Kind of bored. There is a lot of stuff to do for school but none of it seems particularly urgent for some reason, and since I don't know anybody I'm sort of stuck at home.

Kind of bored. There is a lot of stuff to do for school but none of it seems particularly urgent for some reason, and since I don't know anybody I'm sort of stuck at home.

Why wait for the school stuff to get urgent ? :p

I should get back to learning a new language or as my mom puts it "try to be less dumb". Would at least pass time in the evenings, kinda out of stuff to play.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Caught my mother watching some documentary about "child preachers" in America... Is it just me, or is having a 4 year old up on a pulpit, stringing "preaching" words together while jumping up and down, praaaiiiising jeeeessuus and slapping a hand on a bible just a tad creepy?

The kids father, "some people say its brainwashing, but it's not. people say brainwashing when it's about something they don't like. I call it simply training."

Started day with a hillstomp, ended with steak, beer, and rewatching Fallen Angels. Home made crumble. Good work as well. Very relaxed until I slumped on teh couch and my back went! :thumbsup: Better now though and looking forward to a good sleep.

-Elwood Blues

*waves at tarna* ... hope you're feeling better now that you're back home.

It's the time of year when orb weavers take over our backyard. They're everywhere, like Kingdom of the Spiders, big webs between house and fences, in the bushes/trees etc. Great fun for me tho.

post-11552-1316040132_thumb.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I drank all my beer, used up all my shiners & night crawlers. I caught three fish (actually I think it might have been two, that third one looked very familiar) all too small to keep. I took a swim in the creek with the dogs, took them home and brushed & dried them. Now to fire up the grill, drink some fresh iced tea and catch the Rays game. Life is good.

Thomas Sowell

Had a HORRIBLE day at work. Spent 5 hours bent backwards pulling out celing tiles and washing them, then scrubbing them (while they're still in the celing) before the truck pulled up to give us food, and had way to much food on it for us as we unloaded it.

Then realized after talking with a female friend that literally my entire school career (again) is riding (again) on this semester. I fail this school, I don't really have another chance.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Had good sleep. Bright crisp morning, with beams of warm sunshine spread across it like hot caramel on vanilla ice-cream.

Nailed one work objective already. Hope I can keep this up, but I know from past experience that I'll hit the doldrums around 1130! :lol:

-Elwood Blues

Not being the most fun start to the day. Got woken a couple of hours early, hazed in and out of conscousness with that slow set in of a headache.

Then of course my sister once again left for work without giving her dog any exercise, so the sod's full of energy and bored. She's older then me, but suprisingly acts like a spoiled 17 year old in a lot of ways.

Mom's having one of her bad pain days.

And the cat keeps sauntering in front of the puppy in a taunting manner which only adds to the fun.