What are you playing now?

Gorth

Voice acting in Drakensang: The River of Time is so bad that it's become charming. I never thought I'd say that about anything.

But maybe my analysis is off. Is it the voice acting that's bad? Or is it the way it pairs up with character movements? Could it be the pauses in dialogue that create awkwardness? I'm not sensitive to VA, or acting in general, so I can't put a finger on it.

I'm not far into it, but it starts pretty slow. I have to wonder if it's going to keep this pace, single encounter dungeons, or if there will be extensive crawling later. And the level-up system is intimidating.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Man, Max Payne is so dated it's agonizing to play...

I won't ever play that game again because of the Baby levels (those who've played it know what I'm talking about).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Is fun when replaying games to suffer from that foresight then get burnt out on the game.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Voice acting in Drakensang: The River of Time is so bad that it's become charming. I never thought I'd say that about anything.

But maybe my analysis is off. Is it the voice acting that's bad? Or is it the way it pairs up with character movements? Could it be the pauses in dialogue that create awkwardness? I'm not sensitive to VA, or acting in general, so I can't put a finger on it.

I'm not far into it, but it starts pretty slow. I have to wonder if it's going to keep this pace, single encounter dungeons, or if there will be extensive crawling later. And the level-up system is intimidating.

I play with German voice-overs, the main characters are voiced by professional dubbers for Hollywood actors. I did a Let's Play of that game a while back.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Gran Turismo 5. Gotta say, I'm annoyed at the entire concept of "B-spec". It's a way to earn money, but it's boring because you're just having the cpu drive a car for you.

Also, driving a Bugatti Veyron in a car with a small pile of Golf GTi's as the competition feels... unfair (The Bugatti is the most powerful car currently in existance, and holds the landspeed record for a car currently in production... having beaten the sound barrier)

Little tired of Darkstone now but I'm still in the mood for some mindless, fast paced, hack n slash item/monster meta-gaming.

Sadly I don't feel like re-playing Diablo1/2 or Dungeon Siege or Titan Quest. Need something else....

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Little tired of Darkstone now but I'm still in the mood for some mindless, fast paced, hack n slash item/monster meta-gaming.

Sadly I don't feel like re-playing Diablo1/2 or Dungeon Siege or Titan Quest. Need something else....

Nox?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Whoa, whoa, the Bugatti in question tops out at 269.80 MPH, while the sound barrier is 768 MPH.

was mis-remembering the top gear episodes where it appeared and James "Captain Slow" May broke the land speed record (right before the guys from Bugatti did it). Still, the point of the entire thing stands, I'm racing a Veyron against a bloody string of Golf GTi's.

Although somehow the Bugatti isn't one of the "premium" cars that has every dial and whistle lovingly rendered. It's more like zombie jeff gordon.

Edited by Calax

Alien Swarm , this is co-op & Steam only but it's free and very fun.

Torchlight - My dad is very much into these kinds of games and says Torchlight is excellent, it's quite cheap now too.

* Demo

Deathspank - created by Monkey Island's Ron Gilbert and Hothead Games

* Review and Trailer - basically it's not bad, especially for it's price, lot's of humour but even so Torchlight is better and costs about as much.

* "DeathSpank part 3 - The Baconing" is also out now, might be worth just jumping into that one possibly?

Divine Divinity is fun, Hack and Slash with lots of quests and a story. It's a bit dated now, but I played it not very long ago. This year, I think.

Torchlight - played it (Fate too)

Divine Divinity - same.

Nox - I'd actually reinstalled that not too long ago. Kinda fun to revisit but it's not the same kind of action-rpg.

Which is the problem...I've probably played most of the ones worth noting. o:) I did look at some videos of that Deathspank game, it looked cute, but it's Steam only I think? Still...maybe, especially since FNV appears to be "finished" and I don't have to be super-picky about Steam auto-updating that one anymore. It'd be the 3rd game I'd purchase via Steam. hehe

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Seriously, you need to check out Path of Exile then. There's no way of knowing if you get into the beta, but sign up for it, and if you're lucky you'll get an invite by email.

It's like if Diablo 2 and Guild Wars had a bastard baby (Diablo 2 gameplay and Guild Wars online functionality).

http://www.pathofexile.com/

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Seriously, you need to check out Path of Exile then. There's no way of knowing if you get into the beta, but sign up for it, and if you're lucky you'll get an invite by email.

It's like if Diablo 2 and Guild Wars had a bastard baby (Diablo 2 gameplay and Guild Wars online functionality).

Looks sweet, thanks. :)

Turns out some other online friends are all playing, I might be able to get a friend invite from one of them faster than the company deciding to choose me. We'll see/I'll hope!

Still in Max Payne. Had way too much trouble with Muerte. Should also look for the Kung Fu mod, that was fun although they nerfed the guns immensely and the rifle is OP.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Looks sweet, thanks. :)

Turns out some other online friends are all playing, I might be able to get a friend invite from one of them faster than the company deciding to choose me. We'll see/I'll hope!

What?! Ok, then I expect an invite from YOU in the near future for giving such excellent gaming suggestions!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Kind of struggling to keep playing Drakensang: The River of Time. This might be because it's competing with a darn good book.

Edit: Couldn't resist. Installed Baldur's Gate, set up tutu, and unfinished business.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Looks sweet, thanks. :lol:

What?! Ok, then I expect an invite from YOU in the near future for giving such excellent gaming suggestions!

*ahem* I believe I created the thread.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Looks sweet, thanks. :lol:

*ahem* I believe I created the thread.

Spoiler:

Life isn't fair

:p

Having a lot of fun playing FO:NV, now that I finally got around to dedicate some time to it on a regular basis. Playing it without DLC's the first time through, will probably get the bundle once they all become available together. Caught myself laughing out loud at the little story in the Repconn building where an employee discovered a shipment of stealth boys from Robco, just to be dismissed shortly after for sexual harassment (sneaking around in the ladies room).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Tried to buy PES 2012. Even though it is now released in US, I can't find the PC version anywhere. I discover that although the press release actually states PC as a platform, North America never actually got a PC version release. I then discover that I can't buy the UK version as their release is in October. I also discover that I can't even find a direct download version, not even through the company's own website which sells the other versions. I find French and other European retailers selling their versions, but as I try they region-lock their stores so I can't buy them, even though (a) the game is officially released in my region and (b) this leaves me with no legal means to purchase the game.

Eventually, I had to (a) use a proxy server to approach the site, (b) then turn the proxy OFF so that I could pay with my credit card. The whole process also robbed hours of my life.

Truly, in the age of piracy, you'd think they'd bend over to make it easier for you to buy legally. But then, I still paid them, so kudos to 'em.

Edit: On the upside, I now plan to play the game with commentators like:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/m7vlaUkQ2dk

FIFA is definitely a lot better now, but every time I try them, it's fun for 10 games then it's all downhill from there. It just does not feel like a real football game because they don't design it to feel like real football. You score 6 goals. Players randomly break out with flying scissor shots to 'spice it up'. The same pass gets the AI every time. PES has been in the doldrums but '11 was very good and I was impressed with the '12 demo... I'll let you know how it is, I'm just installing an option file to get the kits right.

It does depend on how 'casual'/serious you are, though.