Deus Ex 3

Stealth requires much more to be unlocked and it's probably why they went this route.

I disagree. I only picked up cloak (4 points) and hacking (7 points) for stealth purposes, which aren't that many points, plus both pay you back with a crapton of interest. Ghost + Smooth Whatever nets you 750 XP and hacking gets you at least several hundred/thousand points per area.

Yes, there's other stealth augs, but you don't need them. At all. Even cloak is only there for me to save time.

yeah, im wondering if my next playthrough will leave me totally gimped. im not going to hack anything i dont have to, and im killing EVERYTHING. (ie the opposite of my current playthrough)

Well in a completely combat oriented playthrough you won't really need all the stealth, hacking and what-not upgrades. Just strength, recoil, typhoon, dermal armour and perhaps some energy upgrades.. I think you'd get more than enough xp for that?

Stealth requires much more to be unlocked and it's probably why they went this route.

True. I'd add Icarus to the list, though; good for alpha-striking with the tyhoon. :D

The biggest annoyance is still the melee system. There should be melee attacks, not guaranteed to take someone down silently, but available.

I agree, In the last mission I spent a lot of time sitting somewhere out of reach and recharging.

Agreed.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I just finished and was quite upset that

I had to kill the hyron core because I didn't have a laser rifle. Especially as (I think) they're clones of your girlfriend. If you're going to introduce that level of WTF at the end, you should probably give a non-lethal option.

I didn't realise you could not kill them. Does the wall become aug/urded breakable only after they are gone?

Away from the game for a couple of days, so can't check it myself...

The laser rifle can shoot through walls.

Hacking to the control panel didn't make the wall breakable? I simply nailed her with my boss-fight only heavy rifle even without the wall-breaking aug.

The control panel you hack is their life support. Turning it off kills them.

Especially as (I think) they're clones of your girlfriend.

What makes you think that?

The Cores are clones (or triplets) as they all look the same. The VA for Megan Reed only does Reed and the Cores. When Zhao plugs in, the computer says she's incompatible and the cores call her 'wrong mother.' That would suggest that the primary core was intended for a woman who was genetically similar to the Cores and who they'd view as a mother.

At the Omega Ranch, people talk about how Reed is heavily guarded because she's so important, but Darrow already has access to the samples of Adam's DNA and the new biochip has already been created and distributed, which suggests there's more going on there. Especially as the original attack on Sarif industries was based on a scenario Jensen came up with. It seems likely that Reed was the one that stole it from him.

In addition, if I were going to create a group of human Cores that were plugged into a computer 24/7, I'd probably want to base it on Adam's DNA. If Darrow and Reed worked together prior to the attack on Sarif industries, we could have Adam and Reed's 'daughters' as the Cores.

But it's all speculation.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I have to admit, there was something both subtly "wrong" but aestheticlly pleasing about the white room at the end of the Omega Ranch... :)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I don't think AP should be compared to DX:HR, as the games are just too different and they don't even try to achieve the same goal.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Well a bit further into the game now, is kinda fun to creep around. Was nice of the stealing technician to give me advice on how to infiltrate his partner's building, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I was thinking of doing a new playthrough on normal difficulty this time around. Just to see what differences do show up compared to the "Give me Deus Ex"

The money is the worst of it. I pretty much had never to care about money in the game. Not a single time. It's really like a cheat and I wish I could deactivate this...

The weapons are ok. I find sniper rifles useless, so I don't use it and I don't like shotguns, so I don't use it as well. The grenade launcher with the additional mission is the only thing I would totally keep. :>

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The money is the worst of it. I pretty much had never to care about money in the game. Not a single time. It's really like a cheat and I wish I could deactivate this...

The weapons are ok. I find sniper rifles useless, so I don't use it and I don't like shotguns, so I don't use it as well. The grenade launcher with the additional mission is the only thing I would totally keep. :>

I actually ran out of money once in Shanghai. Bought 2x praxis kits from the Clinic and paid 5k in one of the quests :)

Hate the living, love the dead.

Picked up my Deux Ex "Benelux Edition". It comes with a whole lot of extra stuff like double-barred rifle, grenade launcher, 10.000 credits, sniper rifle... is this normal? I never asked for this.

Apparently some areas (the Nordics) too, get all the preorder dlc in the normal pack, as well. Probably to boost sales in the areas that could order from the UK for a lower price.

I actually ran out of money once in Shanghai. Bought 2x praxis kits from the Clinic and paid 5k in one of the quests :)

Threw a lot of money at the homeless lady in Detroit, too. Like 6000. Was really hurting for cash for most of the game after that. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The entire concept of boss fights that seems so ubiquitous in gaming is horribly flawed from the beginning.

There's almost no way to make them worthwhile, so you just have to grit your teeth and get through them and enjoy the other parts of the game.

edit: just to add that boss fights are Ok in extremely arcadish gameplay, but beyond that, not so much...

Edited by Slowtrain
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Luckily, boss fights don't depend on your chosen augmentations. So if you suck in combat, it's not because of "the type of character" you want to "roleplay."

I - by the way - found the boss battle to be far too easy.

Edited by Lexx

Luckily, boss fights don't depend on your chosen augmentations.

The second boss battle depends heavily on whether you have one aug or not.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Luckily, boss fights don't depend on your chosen augmentations.

The second boss battle depends heavily on whether you have one aug or not.

The only aug's that really count against federova are if you have the EMP shielding..which is quite useful.. or the dermal plating because she can do so much damage quickly.

My stealthy hacker ran up against Barret, but by throwing three explosives under his feet and setting them off together he was out quick.

Against Federova, If you're good with sprint and have a few emp grenades, once you figure out to keep an eye on the water for where she's running as cloaked.. it turned out fairly simple to keep dashing out of the way of her typhoon blasts, then stun her with emp and unload the heavy rifle on her..

Similarly with Namir, as long as you have something to quickly stun him.. it's just about dropping several explosives under him and he's out.

The boss fights are annoying even on Deus Ex difficulty, but don't rely on you having any specific aug. I just wish they did have some non-pure-boom route to deal with them.

Edited by Raithe

Quick question: When and where does the bonus mission start? Not sure if I missed it.

On the return to Hengsha.

It's impossible to miss, it bumps into the main storyline, so if you progress that.. the bonus mission will kick off.

You get it when you are in Hengsha for the second time. It's not a side quest, so you won't miss it.

/Edit: Way too slow.

Edited by Lexx