RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Midtown Madness was fun, too. At least for a bit. In any even, nothing wrong with hating everything.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh really, it's just a friggin' driving game!

Not even worth fighting over it.

As if there weren't awesome driving games. Have you tried Carmageddon, Flatout, NFS: Most Wanted, Burnout: Paradise?

None of those are Mario Kart.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Guest Slinky

Maybe, but it's really one of the greatest things you can do with your pants on.

Unless you don't mind the other people on the track :p

Rather round the wrong way. Steam wants all DLC for games sold on it to be available 'native' on Steam, so that they can get their cut. Other DD channels aren't effected, only the one which wants compulsory DLC distribution rights. Or in other words it's a specific, and specifically, Steam TOS condition causing the problem, and specific Steam action to remove EA's games.

That doesn't really explain why only EA games are pulled, considering that other games do the same thing (see Dirt 3).

Don't really know enough about dirt 3 to comment, except to say that at least one other GFWL game whose name escapes me has had a 'buy dlc from steam' button patched in to it. At a guess I would suggest they have a grace period at least until a standard patching cycle is completed, especially so if GFWL still charges for certifying patches.

Carmageddon

:p

All hail the king!

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Midnight Club Dub was the best

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Midnight Club Dub was the best

Was not. Carmageddon was the best :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

As if there weren't awesome driving games. Have you tried Carmageddon, Flatout, NFS: Most Wanted, Burnout: Paradise?

Interstate 76.

Seriously. Nothing that awesome has been released in the last 10 years.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Interstate 76.

We are back in sync my friend. That game had more style than anything released this day and age.

Interstate 76.

Deathtrack is still the best car game of all time. I think that came out 20 years ago? Still play it regularly on dosbox.

Though I have to say, I found NFS:Hot Pursuit quite a bit of fun.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Interstate 76.

I wish there would be a new fancy Interstate '76 game, totally in the spirit of the original.

But when I think about it... in fact, I just need a new campaign for the original game, with the fancy cutscenes and all and I would be happy.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Deathtrack is still the best car game of all time. I think that came out 20 years ago? Still play it regularly on dosbox.

I see your Deathtrack and raise you with Death Rally.

Heh, go Criterion.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

If there was ever a more awesome name for a computer game protagonist than Groove Champion, I can't possibly imagine what it might be. That name just knocks the awesome ball right out of the stadium.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Guybrush Threepwood, especially because the name "Guybrush" came from "Guy.Brush" with Brush being the file ending and Guy the file name. :>

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Theres a mod out for GTA IV which adds incredible realism to the game. Take a look at these unfreakin' believable screenshots! :p

In motion.

Wow, that looks awful in motion. its probably due in part to the video compression.

The stills look ace, but the colour saturation is screwy across both.

Shows how much of an effect high texture resolution on powerful hardware can have.

Not bad, considering its done by amateurs.

Edited by Nightshape

Wow, that looks awful in motion. its probably due in part to the video compression.

Shows how much of an effect high texture resolution on powerful hardware can have.

That video really really sucks at showing iceHancer,

(first result on Youtube searching for it, not much work on my part) is much better. Also, as you can see, performance is completely ****ed up (ran much better on my rig, tho', probably due to not using the hi-res textures and FRAPS). Unsure about color saturation, I didn't really fiddle with the settings before deciding it wasn't worth it.

That video really really sucks at showing iceHancer,

(first result on Youtube searching for it, not much work on my part) is much better. Also, as you can see, performance is completely ****ed up (ran much better on my rig, tho', probably due to not using the hi-res textures and FRAPS). Unsure about color saturation, I didn't really fiddle with the settings before deciding it wasn't worth it.

Other than the odd looking lighting, its interesting to see the engine running with photo's for textures.

Genuinely not that bad for a mod, the results looks interesting, I don't prefer it, but its interesting. Kinda uncanny valley in the same respect as LA : N was, looked kinda cool and fresh, but damn the colours seem off.