What are you playing now?

Finished DX:HR yesterday. Will do a second playthrough later. Dusted off my WII and currently on Xenoblade and its a blast.

How long is it?

~24

That said it was on tell me a story and I didn't do everything.

Okay, thanks.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Finished DX:HR yesterday. Will do a second playthrough later. Dusted off my WII and currently on Xenoblade and its a blast.

^^

I missed at least 3 side quests...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I just started the Force Unleashed...and...there you go...it's already finished. That was quick. It was frustrating too...I think the

Star Destroyer was excessively frustrating "You gotta bring it down boy!" constantly...took me a couple of hours to finally get it down...I think the indicators of what you are supposed to do are off a little and telling you misniformation. Beat it despite that...but that Star Destroyer part was very frustrating.

They say tfu 2 is even shorter...that'll take me all of 2 hours then...

I actually really enjoyed TFU, I think it did take me around 10 hours...and I think it was worth the money, but I bet some people were really upset with how short it was...especially since there was no MP...at least with the core version (I haven't gotten any DLC for it, though I hear the DLC has some fun missions, I also hear they are also even shorter missions than what came with the game).

I'm thinking of playing Agarest War: Generations of War and Agarest Zero next.

Tropico 3 is a fun diversion, seems it's hard for me to lose though, hm. Was interested in the 4th installment, but apparently it's just 3.11.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Playing Deus Ex for the first time. So, I had originally planned to do a stealth/non-lethal playthrough for the first few missions. I didn't kill anybody. After completing that warehouse mission right before Paul leaves, Anna Navarre says that she appreciated my enthusiasm for the slaughter in Battery Park. UNATCO soldiers are praising me for supposedly killing the NSF terrorists. WHAT?! /rage

Now everyone thinks I'm a murderer. Despite this, I'm really enjoying it. For future reference, is Invisible War as bad as everyone says it is?

Playing Deus Ex for the first time. So, I had originally planned to do a stealth/non-lethal playthrough for the first few missions. I didn't kill anybody. After completing that warehouse mission right before Paul leaves, Anna Navarre says that she appreciated my enthusiasm for the slaughter in Battery Park. UNATCO soldiers are praising me for supposedly killing the NSF terrorists. WHAT?! /rage

Strange, I can't remember this. Must be a bug or so. But then again, I never kill anyone in the Battery Park anyway.. I just sneak past everything.

/Edit: Or have you done something to make the guards outside to kill everyone in the inside? That counts for you too, if I remember correct. :>

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I just discovered Deus Ex 3 was well worth waiting for. Oh well, that means back to waiting for Thief 4.
So little info yet. I was convinced that I'd end up with buying DXHR after gathering quite amount of info. Core i7 2600k, the Witcher, and DXHR...so far, my game-related shopping items this year seem to be good so far but it's mainly because the internet allowed me to gather info before buying them. I could even buy them with the order to fit my life schedule. Now about Thief 4, how much info do we have?

Playing Deus Ex for the first time. So, I had originally planned to do a stealth/non-lethal playthrough for the first few missions. I didn't kill anybody.

After completing that warehouse mission right before Paul leaves, Anna Navarre says that she appreciated my enthusiasm for the slaughter in Battery Park. UNATCO soldiers are praising me for supposedly killing the NSF terrorists. WHAT?! /rage

You were probably glitched...in my play-through of the first mission,

Prichard greeted me with his usual sardonic comments while Malik didn't even refrain herself from showing her respect

, which was a nice welcome to the game world, letting me to experiencing it through the variety of characters reacting to my choices. Quite balanced casts, too.

Now everyone thinks I'm a murderer. Despite this, I'm really enjoying it. For future reference, is Invisible War as bad as everyone says it is?
Agree with Hurlshot, here. Especially in terms of narrative, I've gotten an impression that it ended up with an experiment rather than a complete work. Eurogamer interviewed with Pacotti (funcroc did his job), who looked back more or less similar manner. Some interesting ideas are scattered around but there is no way for the players to gather them into a coherent experience.

Erm Wombat , MechLemon is talking about the original Deus Ex in your second quote.

And yes Lexx, you have to be careful that the guards outside don't rush in and kill everyone. I believe you get scolded by Anna immediately if things go right and no one dies. Also i think you have to go back out the way you came in, through the secret passage.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Been replaying DX as well, is funny how when I say on vent that I'm playing 'Deus Ex' they mistake which game I'm actually playing. :*

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

No, Invisible War is a good game. It just didn't measure up to the original and had some questionable design decisions.

All right, I'll see if I can grab a copy after I finish DX1.

Erm Wombat , MechLemon is talking about the original Deus Ex in your second quote.

And yes Lexx, you have to be careful that the guards outside don't rush in and kill everyone. I believe you get scolded by Anna immediately if things go right and no one dies. Also i think you have to go back out the way you came in, through the secret passage.

Maybe that's why.

So I met Juan Lebedev and decided to kill Anna. Using the GEP gun was so satisfying. Time to side with the NSF!

I've been playing

REDACTED

and DX:HR. Beat the second boss last night. Definitely gives it a MGS vibe, but it could have done without them.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Maybe that's why.

So I met Juan Lebedev and decided to kill Anna. Using the GEP gun was so satisfying. Time to side with the NSF!

If the NSF troops in the courtyard see you, the UNATCO troops rush in. I had to go an check.

Anyway good man. Ever since i know i can kill her there i always do. It was only twice that i remember that i didn't. The first time i played and some other time when i wanted to tryout the kill word.

edit: I've tried Bastion demo. Still not convinced.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Tried installing the original Deus Ex on my netbook the other day.. It is a tiny computer with a high resolution screen (1366x768) and since the wrong resolution on a flatscreen looks.. weird, I tried playing it in the native resolution.

Imagine my surprise when it worked! Everything on max, full resolution and my tiny computer feeds me 30 fps! I am impressed.

It's an Asus EEE 1215N. I can't believe it's almost a year old already. Feels like I bought it last week.

(Btw, that review mentions that the computer doesn't have Bluetooth or USB3. It has both..)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

No, Invisible War is a good game. It just didn't measure up to the original and had some questionable design decisions.

I liked the universal ammo and wish they'd put it into DX:HR.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.