The new and improved Indie thread

I'd really like a party-based game or a squad-level game.

Can anybody suggest anything? Genre immaterial but am in the mood for dungeon crawl but can handle Sci-Fi etc.

If one were to read the amazing list some brave soul compiled in the first post, especially paying attention to the words "squad" and "party" one might find something to fit your criteria...

Having fun playing Garter and Ghouls. Small, simple and slick. Shoot anything that moves. If it starts twitching again, shoot it some more. Play a level or two in 5 minutes and put it aside again.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Trying Knights of the Chalice demo. Always looked a bit too old school for me but it looks really fun. :lol:

(Might also be an awesome option for long airplane rides, probably doesn't use too much battery power.)

I'm still waiting for Grim Dawn. Which reminds me, I need to purchase the epic fan edition to support it, be in the beta...and avoid Steam.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Space Chem is pretty impressive, good challenge and reward and the youtube feature is nice for sharing/showing off solutions. My favorite 'small time' game since Nimbus.

Also here is apparently a diver vs sharks pvp game that looks pretty interesting...

http://www.depthgame.com/

All deception is self deception all hypnosis is auto-hypnosis

Cthulhu Saves the World is supposed to hit Steam tomorrow for $3. It'll include Breath of Death 7.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...d.php?t=1886575

It's been on Xbox 360 for a while, as a downloadable indie title. The reviews I'm seeing seem rather positive. I think I'll pick it up.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

How can Cthulu save the world?

Sounds like some serious retconning.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

My understanding is that he gets his powers stolen by a wizard. And they hold them hostage. So he has to save the world before they'll give it back.

Ah, the classic "wizard made me do it" defense. No doubt somewhat embarrassing for an aeons old cosmic entity.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Cthulhu Saves the World is supposed to hit Steam tomorrow for $3. It'll include Breath of Death 7.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...d.php?t=1886575

It's been on Xbox 360 for a while, as a downloadable indie title. The reviews I'm seeing seem rather positive. I think I'll pick it up.

These are both worth a look, and are by far some of the best titles to be release on the XBLA Indie games circuit.

You know what else is cool?

Epic Dungeon.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

• 2 weeks later...

I find myself now hyped for Space Pirates and Zombies. Purkake mentions it in the OP. The trailer looks pretty awesome.

http://store.steampowered.com/video/107200/80950

I kind of imagine building a ton of small ships with cloaking devices and just doing hit and run.

Interesting info on SPAZ. http://www.spacepiratesandzombies.com/foru...f=17&t=1479

We're still roughly 1/3 of the way to making back our investment for SPAZ. Now that we're going to be on Steam we're hoping things will pick up.
A game that's on sale, but beta, has made 1/3rd the development back with Gamersgate, Impulse, and direct sales.

• 3 weeks later...
Can someone enlighten me as to what this is?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/33460/

Not really. I played "Another World" when it was new on the Amiga, but I haven't tried any of his games since. "Another Word" was a rather unique experience though.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein