What you did today?

Tale

Meh, just another corpse from someone I don't know. Still not getting that thunderstorm this city needs, but today isn't as brutal as earlier this week, so can walk the dachshunds without them getting heat stroke immediately, then back to reading over poorly written specifications and trying to understand why some dude 7 years ago did this ****ed up bit of code.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Getting a wee bit annoyed now. Trying to do some work based on a bunch of stuff that's been written with OpenOffice, and every time I open up OpenOffice I get about 3 minutes to look at and read stuff before it crashes out. :p

Going to redownload OpenOffice and reinstall it, see if that fixes things.

And the gorram smell of the fleabomb we let off in one of the upstairs rooms is stinking the whole house out. We thought we'd gotten ontop of it, with the cat and the dogs not showing any..and then a bunch of fleas turned up in one of the traps we'd left to be sure. Not the best way to spend a sunday..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Raise a bug for that with the OpenOffice people.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

OMG, wifey just told me that she'll buy me vanity plates for our new car for my B-day - "TRDS BLU"

The car is blue, obviously

SO. EXCITED.

Whats the "TRDS" part mean?

Clearly Overseer's real name is Trudy, hence Trudys' Blue car.

Saw that the chair I purchased earlier this year (well.. .at the start of the year) has a break in one of it's supports. Trying to find the reciept I had for it, but it probably got tossed because of how it I put it on there to start with.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm BBQing turkey burgers with blue cheese in a little bit for a few friends. Last night I played hockey, the good news is that I broke out of my slump and scored three goals, but the bad news is we lost 6-3.

Today I woke up in my own bed after a weeklong holiday, it feels good to be home but this is also where all the bad habits live...

realization of the cache. a place that store these extra thoughts. yet you forward them here in hopes of what? the mind cloud is above you. if you let your computer be the mind cloud. then hold it above your head.

world is bottom-up. so we assume a level above ours isn't our prob lem. yet when you post, whose problem is it? do i feel what you feel? pickles fired out of Arroyo Temple. Challening.

Good luck!

redacted

can walk the dachshunds without them getting heat stroke immediately

Put them in a wrap and sell tham as hot dogs... :ermm:

Almost got trampled to death by a news reporter team the other day. Them all being busy coming out of the court building, poking microphones in some suits face (you would think they were trying to force him to eat them), backpedalling at a brisk pace, not giving a damn what is behind them. Would have been an ignominous fate getting injured in a paparazzi/tabloid stampede :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

can walk the dachshunds without them getting heat stroke immediately

Put them in a wrap and sell tham as hot dogs... :p

Hah, never ever heard that joke before :p . Was bored at work so I decided to ride elevators for no other reason but to sample banal chit chat. So far, a lot of middle aged suits talk about their lawns, one guy talked about how the summer is the time to 'put the high octane gas in the tank and make some big scoring deals', and a gaggle of women gossiping about some other lady and her kids.

Should do that more often :)

The BBQ went well. I'm thinking about making a trek out to Ikea today to pick up new dressers. My kid's dressers are falling apart, so we plan on buying new one for the wife and I and giving them our current ones. We've already bought part of the bedroom set, so it will finish the ensemble. I'm also thinking about getting a computer chair there.

I find it amusing how the girl is worth so little when China are having a shortage of women thanks to their softcore eugenics, the story itself might not be as tragic as it sounds, the kids will more than likely end up with parents who actually want them.

It reminds me of this story from last month, kid sold his damn kidney for an Ipad...it sounds laughable but I'd bet these sort of things will start happening in western nations as we have more "austerity" piled upon us.

Spent almost whole day being enraged. That is all.

Oh yes, played Empire Total War. Took out my rage on the Spanish. Defeated 20 galleons with three 4th rates, a galleon, and a brig which instantly exploded on first contact with the enemy. It was epic.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Good News: I was offered a job for more money today.

Bad News: It's in Edmonton. I did not want to move to Virginia for more money because is was such a hassle. Edmonton is 5X the hassle.

Reasons why I don't want to move to Edmonton:

1) It gets really, really cold there.

2) I understand it's pretty expensive.

3) No baseball? Something wrong with that.

4) Why the hell do Canadians have a 55 yard line on their football fields? WTF!

5) Dosen't Volo live somewhere around there?

6) Taxes

7) I don't think I've ever met a Canadian woman. Are there women in Canada?

8 ) Bears

9) I heard it gets pretty cold there.

10) Oh yeah, the cold weather.

On the upside at least I would not have to learn a new language. Not like moving to Alabama.

Anyway I told them thanks but no thanks. I like it here in Memphis. Except for the crime, flooding, plummeting property values, bugs, traffic. But hey at least there are no bears.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I think Volo is closer to the Eastern coast of Canada, maybe Newfoundland. Kor and alanschu live around there, so that's pretty good company.

I'd move there in a heartbeat if I didn't have a family. But I'm a hockey nut, so that's basically like speaking the native language. They don't have baseball at all? I'm sure there must be a minor league team. Canadian Football is also supposed to be a big deal in, um, Canada.

I think Volo is closer to the Eastern coast of Canada, maybe Newfoundland. Kor and alanschu live around there, so that's pretty good company.

I'd move there in a heartbeat if I didn't have a family. But I'm a hockey nut, so that's basically like speaking the native language. They don't have baseball at all? I'm sure there must be a minor league team. Canadian Football is also supposed to be a big deal in, um, Canada.

I don't think your wife would go for Alberta after living in CA. Not that the bay area is the warmest part of the state. It was not an actual job offer with salary and stuff spelled out. It was just a conversation to gage my interest. Which, nothing against Canada, is zero. The only move I would consider now is to Colorado, Wyoming or Montana. Somewhere where real estate is cheap.

Oh an you were right they do have baseball. Indy league : http://www.capsbaseball.ca/

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Stay away from Canada, it's full of Canadians.

Stay away from Canada, it's full of Canadians.

Ah Canadians are all right. I feel sorry for them actually. When sliding rocks on ice into red circles become a sport you know they are bored out of their minds. Besides without Canada where would we get Molson Canadian?

Thomas Sowell

Reasons why I don't want to move to Edmonton:

5) Doesn't Volo live somewhere around there?

ROFL

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Canadian women aren't anything special, fah. Also found out that one of my boss' bosses thinks I'm a weirdo for not talking loud enough that he can overhear me or something along those lines, kind of funny - the other ones vary from slacker to constantly unhappy :grin: . Probably should work on this sucking up thing though, seems to work wonders for raises, hmm.

Getting back into Research Mode.. pulling assorted newspaper articles and deciding just how to organise them and examine which bias is what..

That and we've ended up pulling the carpets up in one room to figure out where the hell those bloody fleas have settled. Every other room in the house is clear, the pets are clear, but the fleas keep turning up in that one room even after multiple fleabombs.. >_<

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."