@WUE: Other than the Mouse and Keyboard control problems, the game doesn't seem to suffer from any issues.

That is a matter of opinion.

It doesn't have the issues though other Obsidian games suffered. Mainly large amounts of bugs and objectivly bad combat (With some little exceptions).

Edited by C2B

@WUE: Other than the Mouse and Keyboard control problems, the game doesn't seem to suffer from any issues.

That is a matter of opinion.

I think Mass Effect had quite a lot issues as well. Still it was sold for a lot money.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'll just chalk it up to you being an AAA elitist. See, I can be rude too.

It's sold for the same price and marketed in pretty much the same way any other AAA title is, I see no reason to not hold it to the same standards?

And? There's plenty of buggy and more-of-the-same AAA titles out there. Still don't see the problem.

In terms of the sales, review scores from major sites are quite influential. I hope they won't be too hard to Obsidian.

I think WUEs arguments are valid, they just don't bother me perosnally.
However, with that post counts, how could he fail to get the picture of the game much earlier especially when Chapman's posts have been quite informative? :lol: The complaint about the price tag is already arcane, too. With that price tag, people won't regard DSIII as an indie game. That said, I cannot point out what the team did wrong with the resource management.

From one of the reviews:

If you're playing alone, AI partners are unusually resilient, but if you die, they can be maddeningly slow to revive you

I didn't know the AI companion would revive you (if they ever get around to it before stupidly dying themselves, of course). That's interesting.

Edit: http://www.gamemunition.com/reviews/dungeo...ge-3-pc-review/ <---- I liked this review quite a bit. Felt fair/rational (neither over-praising or over-bashing) with a lot of explanation of stuff about the game that I, in my laziness, have yet to research.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think WUEs arguments are valid, they just don't bother me perosnally.

Was this review posted?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/30764...box-360-pc-ps3/

Oh crap, it was.

Every game is better in co-op.

No. Totally no.

Stopped reading there, ****ty review is ****ty.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Nice review, even if he wasn't satisfied with the loot. Although, from playing the demo, I can kind of agree. A few times I had the same item duplicated in my inventory, but with different stats. I guess the random loot generator could use some work.

How does the loot generator work, by the way? Is the loot generated when the container is opened or is it generated when the player enters the level? Perhaps a check against the inventory could be introduced.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

ActionTrip review: 7.8 (Good)

HIGHS

Obsidian finally proves it's capable of polishing a game at launch, cool story and characters, it takes some perseverance but the combat is genuinely enjoyable and challenging, as is the rest of the game, lovely soundtrack, solid voice-acting, all-in-all a pretty straightforward and well-executed hack'n'slash RPG;

LOWS

A slight step-back for party-based single-player gameplay, combat's not the best thing we've seen, healing is difficult sometimes, AI won't always revive your character in time, camera chooses to focus and zoom on its own randomly throughout the game and that's annoying in solo and coop play;

If it's only 12 hours it's definitely too short, but one might take that as a positive because surely a bad game can't be too short.

Colleuge of mine had 16:30 on XBOX.

Also I'm someone who replays games in the 15-25 hour range more than longer rpgs.

The 4players guy said he finished it after 9 hours.

I can't really believe he did everything though if he did that. Or didn't just skip every conversation. I'm nearing 8 and I'm nowhere near the end.

Edited by C2B

healing is difficult sometimes

Every character has a healing ability that costs focus, and all you need to get focus is to beat someone up or block. How is that 'difficult'?

It's literally impossible to get into a situation where you're stuck on low HP and have to go back to town for potions.

healing is difficult sometimes

Every character has a healing ability that costs focus, and all you need to get focus is to beat someone up or block. How is that 'difficult'?

It's literally impossible to get into a situation where you're stuck on low HP and have to go back to town for potions.

To be honest I like the healing system a lot. I love me a little bit of strategical thinking. ;)

Don't heals cost those little purple orbs (instead of focus), though? I thought the way you regenerated those orbs, too, was with your special abilities.