Some snippets. Jim Sterling likes streamlined dumbed down crap BTW and even he could tell the title was 'streamlined'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dungeon Siege III's linear story takes us back to the Kingdom of Ehb and revolves around the Tenth Legion, a force decimated by a powerful conqueror known as Jeyne Kassynder.

Character development is some of the most simplistic you could ever expect to find in a Western role-playing game, and I suspect that hardcore PC gamers will not appreciate it.

Those looking for deep skill trees and manual stat tweaking will not get what they want out of this game. In what is both a blessing and a potential curse, Dungeon Siege III is very much a "casual" role-playing experience, in which most of the thinking has been done for you and your only concern is amassing vast quantities of loot while kicking the crap out of giant spiders and goblins. This approach will be seen by some as a "dumbed down" experience, but if you want a game that dispenses with busywork and gets right down to the acquisition of riches and power, then Dungeon Siege III provides the instant gratification you're looking for.

You don't even have to map abilities yourself -- there are just enough special commands to fit onto a controller, and the game assigns everything for you in a way that's incredibly easy to learn.

Despite the restrictions, Dungeon Siege III's fights are pretty satisfying, overall.

In fact, AI overall is a bit of an issue.

There are most certainly some annoying issues that are hard to ignore, but they didn't stop me having fun with the title. As a single-player experience, Dungeon Siege III is a pleasing affair that lets you jump into an RPG experience without any hassle. I can appreciate a game that just throws the player into the action and lets them enjoy themselves without engaging in endless micromanagement. Deeper experiences are always welcome, but there's plenty to be said for the more streamlined approach as well, and Dungeon Siege III is a fine example of that style.

The game took me around twelve hours to beat, and that was with me completing the side quests and taking my time to explore.

The bland but pleasant story wrapped up in a satisfying manner at just the right time, and I feel the game would outstay its welcome if it lasted much longer.

Drop in/drop out co-op is included, and I have to say that it's an incredibly weak part of the game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have people that don't like the game and people that like the game, that's fine, but if you're going to start selectively quoting reviews just to pretend the world is how you see it, what's the point, really? :lol:

I could quote all the positive bits in the review, but instead, maybe the reviewer's conclusion should speak for itself, rather than someone else carving up little bits & pieces of it:

Dungeon Siege III most certainly isn't for everybody. Many gamers expect their role-playing games to be far more involving than this one, especially in recent years. Obsidian, however, went with an unapologetic throwback to simpler hack n' slash dungeon crawlers, and created a good little adventure because of it. It's certainly more straightforward than most RPGs these days, but I don't think the gameplay ultimately suffered because of it.

With better co-op, this could have been a truly great experience, but it's still highly enjoyable, and you can't demand much more than that.

His conclusion sucks. He tells you what you can or can't demand. I have news for him: asking for features present in the previous games in the same f***ing series, or asking for features from the best of genre is NOT unreasonable. I can and do and will ask for more than just "this was a fun little game." They are asking full price. I expect a full feature list. This is before I get into subjective of what is done well or done badly. Just a comprehensive feature list that includes the options and gameplay features that I find to be required for a title to be worth full price.

You can't sell swag for high grade price and expect discerning customers to be quiet about it.

The game took a three points malus because of the controls, the console versions are rated 15/20 (same reviewer) : X-Box and Playstation

Canard PC gave it a 6/10, and says that the game is good for what it, a more-intelligent-than-average action RPG, comparing it to good entertainment for a summer week-end. I admit, the more interesting part of the review were the tales of Omar Boulon dressing up as a princess and dancing in the middle of the office.

gram.pl - 7,5/10 - They say that the engine is great, controls are also great when using controller, the combat is good but the game itself is repetitive, short and overall mediocre (I don't get how mediocre game can get 7,5 score but whatever..)

Game reviews have worked on the 7-9 point scale from times immemorial. The other numbers are there just for show.

http://twitter.com/JimSterling
Jim Sterling: Dungeon Siege III review's just full of people saying how **** the game is. I can't see what they're seeing that makes this game so horrible

Jose Luis: you said it wasn't ****e so they say it is. Siiiimple as that.

I don't disagree with the guy just to be contrary, and I doubt many other do either, but feel free to throw out whatever straw men you like.

The fact is I have different taste and different opinions on what makes a game good. I also have different opinions on rating games and games get automatic subtractions for lack of features I consider crucial. I also hate streamlining with a passion and can't stand the current trend in videogames.

I agree with what I agree with and I disagree with what I disagree with based on my own opinions not just to be contrary.

Jim Sterling likes dumbed down games. Games industry likes dumbed down games and ad dollar$.

would of been a good game if it hadnt been created. all this technology these days and yet it has absolutely nothing on the original or DS2.

it would appear the mentality of developer is make it have good graphics equals good game.

Does not compute.

would of been a good game if it hadnt been created. all this technology these days and yet it has absolutely nothing on the original or DS2.

it would appear the mentality of developer is make it have good graphics equals good game.

Does not compute.

simple answer to that, your foriegn. you dont understand the bare concept of english yet.

His comment is perfect, because your comment makes no sense.

Does not compute.

simple answer to that, your foriegn. you dont understand the bare concept of english yet.

Foriegn, aswell. im guessing your countries you have never heard of Sarcasm.

Edited by VeryAngry

Does not compute.

A troll it seems.

post-235513-1299523734.jpg

Does not compute.

Wow, for someone who is apparently so "proud" of beeing a native you sure as hell haven't figured out how to spell "foreign". Apart from some other mistakes.

Cute.

Edited by C2B

congratulations you have stereotyped your self as a typical cancer. anyways im simply expressing my absolute hatred for this backwards game. to which im entitled to with out your narrow minded posts, if you would just leave your keyboard alone and put your **** away i would be very grateful.

oh noes i forgot it was so important to make sure everything is correctly spelled on this forum of world changing matters.

Edited by VeryAngry

Does not compute.

Yes, my English is not the best. Perhaps you could explain the principle idea behind your last post in simple words so that I might understand it?