Witcher 2

i wish every company had this kind of mentality

whoops that looks funny after nepenthe, i was referring to the press release!

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Sadly enough, the patch doesn't install for me.

Back again to e-mailing Tech Support :lol:

As now I can't even play the game AT ALL (had to re-install, and it wont get the final piece to play downloaded. And 1.1 wont run).

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Yep, some people seem to be having troubles with 1.1. Mine worked flawlessly - though not much difference in performance, since my PC shouldn't be able to run it to begin with. :lol:

Patch doesn't work for me either. Suspect it may be because I'm using the GOG executable (or because I've got the "No Knockers Plz We're Ockers" version with the censorship 'patched' out) over a retail install.

I'm not worried personally as I've had no technical issues to speak of.

You know a lot of quest felt like they had been cut down, probly because of controversy or something of the like.

Maybe this quest had also a sexy reward

I agree, that quest felt a bit 'off' in a number of ways. If it had been altered from the original then there is the question of where the trapdoor where you find the bodies leads to (minorish Act 1 path choice spoiler

directly under Loredo's mansion, locked until near the end of Act 1 and accessible only if you choose Roche's path) which suggest that at one point there may have been an alternative resolution/ motivation such as the character in question actually working for Loredo in some sort of false flag type op.

That interpretation makes little sense in the game as shipped though.

That's what you get for trusting an Elf.

Iorwen was more trusty than "the enemies of my enemy need to be shot with arrows" Roche. What a tool he was.

Roche is the next best thing, after Geralt. Best NPC in the game by a lightyear.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Browsing the GOG forums gave an answer.

I had to remove all DLC (in my case, polish voice-overs), then it just works flawlessly.

That's so odd. Oh well... back to more TW2.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Iorwen was more trusty than "the enemies of my enemy need to be shot with arrows" Roche. What a tool he was.

Roche is the next best thing, after Geralt. Best NPC in the game by a lightyear.

Roche actually helped the Kingslayer get away. He's a moron.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Roche actually helped the Kingslayer get away. He's a moron.

rochegifkq9b.gif

Roche is awesome, but yes, the part where he lets

Letho escape

is probably the one situation in TW2 that doesn't make a lot of sense. If you ask him he explains that he was

tailing the Scoiatael but his men got a bit too trigger happy,

but still.

I have AUS GOG version, a couple of minor mods that don't disturb the packages, and Troll Trouble, but the patch worked all the same. For most cases though, it seems to make sense to restore your game to the original state then patch.

3BKm0.png

Now, with the patch, with these settings I'm getting 20 fps outdoors and 30 indoors. That's with ubersampling on and, while playable, it really isn't satisfactory.

With ubersampling disabled I get between 40 and 50 fps. Perfectly smooth.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Heh, just utterly farmed Troll Trouble.

First helped the troll. Got reward. Gave his mate head. Reward.

Then killed him, and while no quest update, I could get a reward anyways. While the convo says "50 orens' (although the subtitles didn't) I got 100.

What... a Witcher has to eat too... :lol:

^

My bad.

With th eopportunity to see the total branching in the middle of the game, good stuff. I don't think that much nonlinearity is really necessary or conducive to TW style games, but the content that is there is definitely good. Amusing to contrast the general attitude of the

dwarves and Kaedweni soldiers

Got to say that there's only one character who has really bad and annoying voice acting, and that's

Saskia

. Bloody holier than thou, stick up the arse. Fits the character, though.

About Roache's badassness: He belongs to the special forces, after all. That's like Rainbow Six: Witchers World.

Also, about chapter 2:

It must have taken quite a lot of Hanselts soldiers to hang up his whole team... I really have problems with thinking that they all have been sitting in the tent, saying "oh well, now we get hanged, so let's wait until it's over."

/Edit: GOG Patch installed fine for me as well.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I picked the game from GoG as I'm almost done my run-through of The Witcher. The Patch failed but then I realized the launcher was still open and as soon as I closed that it installed without issue - hoping that I get things to run at medium or semi-high.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

So far I'm digging the game, but I wish it played more like the first one. Interface is definitely, as others have already pointed out, the low point of the game.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

CDP released the pre-order DLCs for free: http://www.gamingreality.com/2011/05/downl...cher-2-dlc.html

Does someone know what each of them is doing / how / where to get that stuff, screenshots, yadda-yadda? Somehow I never heard of that stuff. Guess that's because I've preordered already months ago and didn't cared anymore after that... :>

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I just cant believe how hard this game is, Im playing on easy and I just cannot complete the Endrega Contract. Those big bugs take no damage, but they kill you with 5 hits. Drinking potions doesnt really work, since the ones I have just trade damage for health and vice versa when I desperately need both.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Never run into a group of enemies. Lure them away / split up the group and only attack them if they are more or less alone. With good timing, you can also jump around them and they will never hit you.

/Edit: And with Quen sign, you'll get some additional damage puffer.

Edited by Lexx

I just cant believe how hard this game is, Im playing on easy and I just cannot complete the Endrega Contract. Those big bugs take no damage, but they kill you with 5 hits. Drinking potions doesnt really work, since the ones I have just trade damage for health and vice versa when I desperately need both.

You can chicken out by collecting Cedric's traps and place them all in the middle of the area where they appear and leading them over it.

I was forced to do it that way because Yrden never seemed to work, and I didn't want to fight them in melee.