Witcher 2

I don't mind if they develop console versions, as long as the game is good. Consolisation is only ever a problem when it downgrades a game. TW2 certainly could have done with a few UI optimisations, but it's nowhere as annoying as, say, Oblivion.

In Oblivion one didn't have to read an item description via a 5 second autocue each time, let alone use different buttons to open, navigate and close it. The UI is almost as worse as Alpha Protocol.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Huh, didn't know that about the luring nekkers. I just abused Yrden to get attacks in on the rear - sort of worked vs Letho too.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My CE arrived on Monday but I'll only be able to spend some time in the game on Thursday.

Oh, woe is me!

Edit: the box is huge. It's more than two times the size of the Witcher's European edition, which was already pretty big.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

show us what's inside :lol:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I haven't opened it yet. It's right next to me here at work.

Edit: Also, what should I do with the stupid Geralt head? Perhaps I should do a poll.

Heja Sverige!!

show us what's inside :lol:

You guys need pictures?

Said so before then...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

The contents are covered in tiny little Witcher hairs. Or something. Seriously, I had to go wash my hands.

Heja Sverige!!

This so odd, just realized who Saskia really is and it made me sad for my choices :p

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

This so odd, just realized who Saskia really is and it made me sad for my choices :p

*points at you and laughs*

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Ves' tight ass and the general badassery of the Blue Stripes, combined with the Scoia'tael's continued pathethic-ness, made the choice pretty easy for me.

Only likable Elf in Witcher setting is Toruviel, and unfortunately she's dead in my game.

If the game looks just (or almost) as good on the Xbox 360 it will be quite an ebarrasment for Bioware.

Let's wait for the first screens at least before we start rubbing Bioware's face in it, eh? :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Let's wait for the first screens at least before we start rubbing Bioware's face in it, eh? :p

no. let's just do it, because that's what Bio deserves :p

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I wonder who at CD Projekt thought it was a good idea to scatter 30+ snare traps in the woods outside Flotsam.

Each snare trap does 40-50 damage... pile enough of them on top of each other and you can cheese everything.

The contents are covered in tiny little Witcher hairs. Or something. Seriously, I had to go wash my hands.

Yeah, my things are also covered in black "dust" that came from the packaging they lie in. Or is it something else for you?

No patch? :p

Not that I am really that surprised.

I wonder who at CD Projekt thought it was a good idea to scatter 30+ snare traps in the woods outside Flotsam.

Each snare trap does 40-50 damage... pile enough of them on top of each other and you can cheese everything.

They barely scratch me? 40-50 damage, no way.

Also, use your amulet (Z) to spot them easily. Disarming is another matter though...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

I'm assuming what Virumor means is going around collecting them all then laying them out again. Of course, if you're going to waste that much time picking them up then laying them down for an encounter... :p

Noticing more how there are bands of scoiatael wandering the woods then getting into fights with monsters (though the monsters keep winning all the time), which is a nice element to have in addition to traps and such. Would have been nice to have one or two scripted scoiatael encounters too, though.

I thought that the traps made sense since Cedric does tell you about setting them.

And I think that there are at least 1 scripted event with the Scoia'tel, involving an elven lass.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

There is one quest that ends with you being ambushed by squirrels. I'll guess you could prepare that place with traps first, before taking the quest. But that's kind of meta-gaming and I would be far too lazy for it anyway.. :>

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

True, but generally you don't really feel the forest is the 'dangerous domain of the scoiatael that townies fear to venture to', apart from the odd peasant corpse. And I thought that particular quest had potential but was ultimately disappointing -

if you don't betray Malena to the guards she simply attempts to silence you anyway, and even when you defeat that ambush you can only kill, turn in or forgive her.

Consistently, the scoiatael are the Other and they are often made largely invisible, only appaering when they have to.

Hoping I get to see more of them properly in Chapter 2, as I will

pick Iorveth this time

True, but generally you don't really feel the forest is the 'dangerous domain of the scoiatael that townies fear to venture to', apart from the odd peasant corpse. And I thought that particular quest had potential but was ultimately disappointing -

if you don't betray Malena to the guards she simply attempts to silence you anyway, and even when you defeat that ambush you can only kill, turn in or forgive her.

Consistently, the scoiatael are the Other and they are often made largely invisible, only appaering when they have to.

Hoping I get to see more of them properly in Chapter 2, as I will

pick Iorveth this time

You know a lot of quest felt like they had been cut down, probly because of controversy or something of the like.

Maybe this quest had also a sexy reward :sorcerer:

Edited by Orogun01

village_idiot.gif

That's what you get for trusting an Elf.

Iorwen was more trusty than "the enemies of my enemy need to be shot with arrows" Roche. What a tool he was.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The Witcher 2 Becomes DRM-Free: Patch 1.1 Released

May 26, 2011, 10:57 p.m.

CD Projekt RED announces the release of Patch 1.1, which brings important improvements to The Witcher 2, the highly acclaimed game released a week ago. The most noticeable change is the removal of the DRM protection world-wide. This gives players the freedom to install and play the game on any number of computers, and no activation code is required.

Other notable improvements include frame rate increases of approximately up to 30%, especially noticeable on DRMed versions and low spec systems, better stability, and non-problematic installation of free DLCs (the first free DLC, the "Troll Trouble" quest, is incorporated into the patch), the possibility of inverting the mouse and re-mapping directional control on the keyboard, and more.

Adam Badowski, CD Projekt RED Development Director, commented,

^