What you did today

Gorth

^ Sorry Nightshape.

I had an epic day of winning and generally drinking Tiger Blood. I am downloading Rift on Steam. I have poured myself a gin & tonic. My wife is looking pretty hawt. I am going to watch Sons of Anarchy later and I don't have to be at work 'til mid-morning tomorrow.

BTW Hurlie, say get well soon to the missus but what is an ACL?

sonsofgygax.JPG

It's a particular bit of flesh whose job is to keep the top and bottom parts of your knee together and in a stable enough position so the joint can both support weight and hinge properly.

It's a particular bit of flesh whose job is to keep the top and bottom parts of your knee together and in a stable enough position so the joint can both support weight and hinge properly.

Tx. That sounds like agony. Ewww.

sonsofgygax.JPG

^ Sorry Nightshape.

I had an epic day of winning and generally drinking Tiger Blood. I am downloading Rift on Steam. I have poured myself a gin & tonic. My wife is looking pretty hawt. I am going to watch Sons of Anarchy later and I don't have to be at work 'til mid-morning tomorrow.

Edit: my witticism was lost due to different google priorisation. Anterior cruciate ligament. :p

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

wow after skimming through and being amused at the "sons of obsidian" thread, i find out that my girlfriend's sister has been in a motorbike accident and may have to get her leg amputated :p

also, have massive migraine and going to bed to read until it goes away

My sympathy to her, hopefully she can keep her leg.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Actually having a fairly heavy wave of mental and soul tired kick in. So I might just see if I get get things wrapped up and try for the land of sleep somewhat earlier then normal.

Having that half musing on just what sort of affect it has on certain people when you wrap yourself up severely in self-control, firm rationality, being understanding and generally "nice" behaviour rather then outrightly show the irrational side that wants to get out and put on a show.

How easy is it to convey that you're not being overly emotional or demanding because you have to wrap yourself in that sort of control to not be..a little crazy. And not because you're don't actually feel involved in/care about what it is.

And then remember that you made a promise and gave your word. Sometimes I swear life would be a little bit easier if I didn't have such an old-fashioned view on some things.

And none of that probably makes much sense to folks, but I just needed to vent a little there. :shifty:

Excuse it as the rambling of a lurking caped-raithe, skulking before the need for said sleep really drives home.

Yes, I can lurk. I can skulk. I can swirl a cape around. Before too long I might even start to twirl a moustache and cackle gleefully like the best prepared 20's villain. o:)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Got PSU. Realize I have no desk space, so will build it on the kitchen table.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The usual HDD cleaning. I know how to have a good time.

The A's vs. Giants ballgame was a good one. Almost made up for the fact I couldn't see the Red Sox game because of FOX contract & regional broadcasting...almost. Had an early dinner and think I'll be going to sleep early as well, after watching a couple episodes of SG-1.

I'm going through a lack of energy phase too

Me three.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hanging with friends up north. Saw Pirates, Kick Ass, and a bit of Spartacus. Honestly, Spartacus feels like it should have been an all cgi film given the amount of obvious blues screen effects in there. Honestly, if feels a bit like a summer block buster movie trying to be a TV show on the shows budget, with all the violence and nudity there to keep everyone entertained.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Back from another wedding. Spent first evening wondering what offence I'd caused to have this rather cracking little brunette keep taking the p*** by excessively flirting with me. Last night finally dawned on me that she was serious. :):lol:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I did some post-rapture looting. Stole some radios from cars mysteriously abandoned on the highway. There weren't many. Picked up a nice pair of sneaker just lying on the sidewalk with clothes (I left the clothes, not my size).

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Insurance companies and computer errors suck. I wasted a whole bloody afternoon watching idiots try to figure out how to fix it and I'm still not confident that next year it's not going to just repeat itself. I'm still fuming, need to calm down.

At least my baseball team is doing so much better. And I have pizza.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

And I have pizza.

I got food poisoning from pizza on Saturday. Just saying that it might not be over, yet. >_<

Hope you're feeling better now.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Loving working from home. I can code, and don't have to deal with annoying clients, can wear comfy clothes and don't have to listen to the old guys at work talk about the same crap over and over and over. Huzzah.

Well had the enjoyment of sufferent through a night of not-so-great sleep, stirred somewhat more awake with a headache that's fading in and out and trying to keep myself somewhat focused as the day progresses.

At least the animals aren't being too bad. I've only had to rescue the cat from being eaten once and the dogs just keep swiping chew toys from each other without getting too serious.

Hm, and I seem to be developing a natural question-mark-like quiff that resists all forms of brushing out.

Hm, and I seem to be developing a natural question-mark-like quiff that resists all forms of brushing out.

What, like Morrisey?

morrissey-i-am-shy.jpg

-Elwood Blues

What, like Morrisey?

morrissey-i-am-shy.jpg

That's what a **** looks like...

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

:p

Hope you're feeling better now.

Thank you. Nothing a little gatorade won't cure at this point, apparently.

What, like Morrisey?

Eh, more like Jimmy Neutron style :lol:

Edit: And then out of nowhere while I was in that slightly self-deprecating humour, have one of those moments where something jogged some old memories and totally got hit by that wave of old sadness/grief from nowhere. So take a moment to compartmentalise it, get things sorted in the house so I can take a few moments to have some quiet time in my room and do that quick run of self-analysis and let that mood settle out.. only to find that a rather large piece of vomited up hairball left in the middle of my carpet.... :p

Edited by Raithe

Today I ordered a new graphics card to replace my amazing and awesome Radeon 5970, I'm going green again with a GTX 580...which actually consumes more power and is occasionally slower but damn it, AMD and Xfire can go jump.

I expect all my old games to immediately display correctly, my 3D graphics software to magically start working again and damn it, I want to ride a ****ing unicorn, is this too much to ask?!