What you did today

Gorth

Well I've been poking around to figure out some travel plans..and I have to say the collection of train companies seems quite warped.

Also had to do the montly renewal for my mother's pharmacy prescriptions. So poked fun at her for being a junkie with that plethora of pharmacutical items she needs. :p

I know I inherited my slightly warped sense of humour from her side of the family.

Case in point:

She had a trip to Australia planned a few years ago to visit her sister over there when her sister turned 70. However just before the Christmas that year, we found out one of my cousins out there had several brain tumours. Anyhow, he was quite firm that he was going to stay around just to be there when her plane landed.

Mom's response "Yes, but your wife carrying your ashes won't count as meeting me."

Cousin's reply ".... How did you guess that??"

Proceed to said landing.. My mother getting off the plane with help from the stewardesses shifting her wheelchair and all.. takes the time to get into a Nun's costume..and gets them to push her out.. they move past the family waiting there..not one of them recognising mum and she does the whole "blessing them" as she moves past... She then turns around, rolls up to her sister and tugs on her jacket.. and says "I've blessed you once my sister, I'm not going to do it twice."

Which prompts a very large amount of swearing from one old lady to a "nun" in a wheelchair... much to the crowds consternation.

Oh, and yes... my cousin's wife was there. Holding a bucket. :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Found out that my flood insurance does not cover damage to the car so it is a total loss. That is small potatoes though. I've been helping my neighbors with clean up. Shoveling mud out of people houses is a real wake up call. Especially when you can come home and yours is high and dry. It makes you realize how lucky you are. The water in the Hatchee is finally dropping back to normal levels. I can see to tops of the flood markers again so hopefully it's over now. Still no power at the house but I have a pretty big generator I bought for hurricane season when I lived in FL so at least I can run the well & kitchen appliances some of the time.

Today is my first day back to work sincce this started. Damn it feels good to be in air conditioning again!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

LMFAO@Guard Dog because I am a cruel misanthropic c***.

Seriously, that **** sucks man.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I came out of this pretty much ok. There is some damage but the only thing I actually lost was the camaro. I was very lucky. Well, there was some planning too. When the builder and I first looks at the property for a place to build we picked that spot because it was a good two and a half meters above the tops of the markers. He said the Hatchee never floods but "you never know". Smart man.

Actually the Hatchee did not flood, the Mississippi did but small difference that makes.

At least there was no tornados. Flood damage can be repaired. Tornado damage on the other hand.... Whats going on up in Joplin and other places is a real tragedy.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Events like this remind that me dreary old England isn't so bad, though...it's raining pretty heavy right now :shifty:

On the subject of daily doings, last night I put in my new GPU, a GTX 580 to replace my frankly godawful Radeon 5970, as I expected 90% of my complaints vanished, so today when I get home I'm going to play a shed load of games and eat junky food.

:shifty: Trust an Englishman to complain about drizzle when others have been ****ing vacuumed into the ****ing sky. :p

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I came out of this pretty much ok. There is some damage but the only thing I actually lost was the camaro. I was very lucky. Well, there was some planning too. When the builder and I first looks at the property for a place to build we picked that spot because it was a good two and a half meters above the tops of the markers. He said the Hatchee never floods but "you never know". Smart man.

Actually the Hatchee did not flood, the Mississippi did but small difference that makes.

At least there was no tornados. Flood damage can be repaired. Tornado damage on the other hand.... Whats going on up in Joplin and other places is a real tragedy.

**** the house, what about the bloody Camero, is it totalled? I love Camero's man... Well and mustangs... But geez dude, I'd be an angry man.

Heh. I was talking to a WO2 the other day, a tankie, and he said "Yanks think they drink, but they don't really drink" and I thought "Well I can think of one who does." o:)

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I can't stand it anymore.

"Your sister! lolololol"

Every single time I see this thread listed on the front forums page, I just want to post that. It's good to get it out of my system. I've been holding that in for a year!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

**** the house, what about the bloody Camero, is it totalled? I love Camero's man... Well and mustangs... But geez dude, I'd be an angry man.

It's a 1973 RS. I've been working on restoring it. I just finished rebuilding the engine (327 small block I took out of a '75 Nova). It was mounted and would run. The drive train and transmission were on the floor and I had just put new front seats in it. The water downed it to the dashboard and it was submerged for about a few days. It does suck because I've got a few bucks sunk into it but I'm just happy that is the worst of it. The barn it's in needs some work now and my lawnmower needs to be replaced but that looks like the extent of my damage. The guy up the road from me is finding some of his stuff lying in the mud hundreds of meters from his house.

Thomas Sowell

It's a 1973 RS. I've been working on restoring it. I just finished rebuilding the engine (327 small block I took out of a '75 Nova). It was mounted and would run. The drive train and transmission were on the floor and I had just put new front seats in it. The water downed it to the dashboard and it was submerged for about a few days. It does suck because I've got a few bucks sunk into it but I'm just happy that is the worst of it. The barn it's in needs some work now and my lawnmower needs to be replaced but that looks like the extent of my damage. The guy up the road from me is finding some of his stuff lying in the mud hundreds of meters from his house.

:ermm:

I've been off beer for 2.5 weeks, been on a bit of a diet (I've lost 8lbs). Just now I popped the lid on a bottle of ice-cold Red Stripe and took a sip.

AAAaaaaaaaahhhhh. That's better.

I feel like John Mills in Ice Cold in Alex.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I've been off beer for 2.5 weeks, been on a bit of a diet (I've lost 8lbs). Just now I popped the lid on a bottle of ice-cold Red Stripe and took a sip.

AAAaaaaaaaahhhhh. That's better.

I feel like John Mills in Ice Cold in Alex.

:ermm:

Not sure why you'd choose Red Stripe, other than the 2.5 week dry spot.

-Elwood Blues

Power is back on I'm happy to say. Things are getting back to normal. You know the oddest thing, I found myself worrying about that coyotes that hang around my house. They have been nothing but loud destructive pests and I've even taken a shot at them a time or two but for all that I hope they made out ok with everything going on. I spent the day today fixing my fence and doing some clean up. I'm leaving for Florida in the morning to get the dogs and bring them home. I can't wait to see them again.

Thomas Sowell

Puttering around, enjoying the absence of the dogs to look after, contemplating the need to get a new battery for my mother's mobility scooter (which are bloody expensive by the way) and generally letting the weekend wash past me.

Its a bank holiday tomorrow .. nearly forgot that, planning to head in to pick up some train tickets for a series of journeys I have to make in the week. Although I have to admit the ryhme or reason they organise some of these rail routes and prices seems beyond me at times.

Idly poking around at some Exalted books and sketching out random ideas to exercise some general creativity, and giving some thought to doing some silly violence in Saints Row 2 in a bit.

Although first, I think a fresh cup of tea.. and a digestive biscuit is called for.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Trying to figure out how to pipeline the laundry in the family. Sadly, they slack so the resources involved don't get used for long periods of time. Bahh

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Another day writing job applications. I now have a constant headache when I even think about one, never mind work on one. Considering the time of year, I'm probably going to be fighting with a bunch of new graduates, too. For some reasons, the ones with modeling agencies in their CVs always get jobs before me. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Another day writing job applications. I now have a constant headache when I even think about one, never mind work on one. Considering the time of year, I'm probably going to be fighting with a bunch of new graduates, too. For some reasons, the ones with modeling agencies in their CVs always get jobs before me. :p

Use your avatar :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I got an odd virus today, it pretended to be my Vista Security settings and then whenever I tried to enable the firewall it tried to charge me. I have anti-virus software (AVG) installed, so I was a bit taken aback that I picked it up. I did a system restore and got everything cleaned up, but I'm not sure where I even got it, so that is concerning.

Another day writing job applications. I now have a constant headache when I even think about one, never mind work on one. Considering the time of year, I'm probably going to be fighting with a bunch of new graduates, too. For some reasons, the ones with modeling agencies in their CVs always get jobs before me. :p

Use your manliness and take one of those self shots you always seen in facebook.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Use your manliness and take one of those self shots you always seen in facebook.

Slightly unrelated, but Nepenthe's occupation reminded me of an amusing example of advertising/product placement. The bus stop outside the Queensland Police HQ has this big advertising poster that says something like, 'Been to court? Need a lawyer?' (with contact info etc. underneath it).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein