Mass Effect 3

fingers crossed for: fistfight with reaper god emperor. after being punched a few times the god emperor begins laughing. the god emperor has never experienced laughter before. it awakens emotion for the first time in the god emperors eternal existence. the god emperor calls off the war.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Most likely they will repeat the same crap from ME2 only that instead of fully upgrading the Normandy and choosing the right squad members, now you have to solve the differences of every species on the galaxy in order to form an armada to fight the Reapers. The consequences of your choices being irrelevant since they are going to be "be nice= win" or "be an ass=win"

So ME3, Shepard is an intergalactic social worker with phaser guns.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'm just not sure how to take all their "we've increased the rpg'ness.. we've put in gun costomisation again"....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm just not sure how to take all their "we've increased the rpg'ness.. we've put in gun costomisation again"....

In that case, Stalker & CoD: Modern Warfare must be RPGs, and more complex ones at that.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

With a huge spoonful of skepticism, as if they would risk losing their new audience "The COD crowd" which coincidentally makes up for 90% of the GOW crowd. It's a conspiracy man, i'm telling you! :)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

I think its more the "gun customization = automatic rpg'ness!" that makes me blink.

Moving ammo stuff over to powers is one of the most common complaints against Mass Effect 2 in comparison to 1 that I saw.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Heh, I'm not complaining about that move.

More it just startles me that they say gun costomization is rpg.

Although I guess that threatens to derail into a "what is rp" in a game. :shifty:

You have to remember that people said that ME2 was no longer an RPG because weapon mods were taken out. You can't blame Bio for essentially calling them out on it. I think it's also a bit out of context, they generally talk about the the advancement system when they say they are putting the RPG back. :shifty:

Don't think ME games RPGness or lack of it is really made in the weap customisation OR character sheet, TBH.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

ME series is a lot of fun regardless of whether or not its an rpg. that said, i could go for more stat tweaking/character and item build type stuff in part 3.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Imagine this story change:

The reapers are not here to destroy everything organic, in truth they are heroes and want to defend them from something *else* that is the true evil and hides among the organic, but the reapers are misunerstood by everyone and attacked. :/ Luckily Shepard finds out about this and they settle a peace contract and fight the true evil to death all together.

They find out that the reapers are some really cool dudes.

The End. (With a light cliff-hanger towards a new ME trilogy.)

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Imagine this story change:

The reapers are not here to destroy everything organic, in truth they are heroes and want to defend them from something *else* that is the true evil and hides among the organic, but the reapers are misunerstood by everyone and attacked. :/ Luckily Shepard finds out about this and they settle a peace contract and fight the true evil to death all together.

The End. (With a light cliff-hanger towards a new ME trilogy.)

BioWare is developing the title, not Obsidian. :)

The Illusive Man is the real villain and the Reapers were sent millions of years ago, chasing him through several galaxies trying to hunt him down, for the good of the intergalaxian community. So far, he has fooled every organic race into doing his bidding and turning them against the poor misunderstood reapers, right down to false holo images placed to misinform, by his previous henchmen, the proteans (who were equally gullible).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm dreading a Matrix Revolutions type ending, but I mostly think it's just going to be an actual slog-out fight, partly justified by (the retconning of) all reapers not being Sovereign/Harbinger sized monstrosities, partly by one species having utter and complete dominance over a group of already individually powerful client races (renegade) or all the species in the galaxy unifying for a single cause (paragon).

I'm dreading a Matrix Revolutions type ending, but I mostly think it's just going to be an actual slog-out fight, partly justified by (the retconning of) all reapers not being Sovereign/Harbinger sized monstrosities, partly by one species having utter and complete dominance over a group of already individually powerful client races (renegade) or all the species in the galaxy unifying for a single cause (paragon).

What would the reaper equivalent of the Krogan genophage be?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hacking their systems (with a somehow perfectly compatible laptop) and sending a virus that spreads through all of them via some interconnected network.

Mmh, I suspect that the Geth and/or the Quarians might be involved in such an alternative.

In that case, Stalker & CoD: Modern Warfare must be RPGs, and more complex ones at that.

The funny thing is.. Playing Stalker has always felt like playing a RPG for me. Instead of advancing my character's stats, I am advancing my character's equipment. I'm solving quests and I can move freely in this strange world and converse with people. Not so far from a RPG if you ask me!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The funny thing is.. Playing Stalker has always felt like playing a RPG for me. Instead of advancing my character's stats, I am advancing my character's equipment. I'm solving quests and I can move freely in this strange world and converse with people. Not so far from a RPG if you ask me!

Stalker shares mechanics with Rogue and Dungeon Crawler genres, but with FPS combat. I also though of it as an RPG hybrid since most of the game falls under the category, even though character customization its reduced only to equipment.

village_idiot.gif

stalker felt rpg-esque to me as well. about as much as mass effect, but for very different reasons.

To throw in a tangent here, i just finished ME2. It was like a solid Firefly-episode. I would rate it 7/10 since it had nothing really that stood out, but on the other hand it had great production values and nothing was really bad either. What i am not getting is the ridicoulus high praise that it gets. What was so special there that elevated it into gaming history? Is it in the DLCs? :thumbsup:

By using ME2 as a template for the third (and final?) act in the series, i expect nothing much. A solid blockbuster like "Independence Day" would be a good analogy.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy