Mass Effect 3

Neither do I, but I don't think its shopped. ;)

Then you should rethink it. That's from the Microsoft E3 press conference, if you want some help with your thoughts. :)

Gfted1: Not in those precise words, no.

I did actually, and after seeing all those videos about ME3 I nominate BW as the Michael Bay of gaming. :)

Besides I'm sure that the "real" choices won't stray too far from the joke.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

"God I hope so, otherwise they have gone completely bonkers over at EA. Still a little self effacing/deprecating on their part, and a bad move to associate a new product with a failed one."

Only an Obsidian fanboy, Witcher fanboy, or Codexer wouldd are to make the ludicrous claim that a 2mil+ selling game is a 'failure' while CELEBRATING DS3 and AP's 'successes'. L0L

DA2, btw, was just as good as DA1. And, vastly superior to the overrated BG1 by twtenty thousand points. ;)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Don't you hang out at the Codex too?

RPG Codex is awesome. Not eprfect but awesome.

You are allowed to have an opinion there unlike other places.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

call of duty franchise is clearly the michael bay of gaming.

bioware is more like the child of judd apatow and paul w.s. anderson, with down syndrome (and yes, i actually LIKE bioware games)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

it actually made me really mad when i clicked that dialogue line and the character didnt say it. i HATE the dialogue wheel not actually having the exact line. its soooooooooooooooooooooo stupid.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

And maybe, just maybe that line in the DA2 demo is a potshot, a tribute, or a nod to the game Divine Divinty 2 - Ego Draconis.

A game in which you become a dragon.

I doubt any BioWare dev even heard of any Divinity game. It's too low on the radar.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Well, we're obviously reading the thing in different ways. Because my take on it is that they realised that they shouldn't focus on the data mining, but instead on the actual feedback. DA2 was made-by-the-numbers (and I still like it, shrug), now they're trying to think creatively again. IE. that what they learned was not to do things in the same way.

We probably are reading it differently :lol:

I simply noticed that the good doctors are so full of praise of the success and game mechanics of DA2 and how they had reached the final product by listening to the (automated) player feedback, so I assumed that when speaking of lessons learned, that is what they referred to (and the approach they would repeat for ME3).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

And maybe, just maybe that line in the DA2 demo is a potshot, a tribute, or a nod to the game Divine Divinty 2 - Ego Draconis.

A game in which you become a dragon.

I doubt any BioWare dev even heard of any Divinity game. It's too low on the radar.

You would be surprised at how many games, and PnP games, in different game-universes Bioware devs, actually play.

However, you may still be right here, as I think Flemeth is a shapeshifter, and can turn into a Dragon. Maybe there's a hint of evidence of some some cut content here?

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

However, you may still be right here, as I think Flemeth is a shapeshifter, and can turn into a Dragon. Maybe there's a hint of evidence of some some cut content here?

No, it's just a sarcastic line available for Hawke, except to many it felt like an inappropriate/idiotic thing to say in that moment. Hardly something that bothered me in the demo to be honest, but it's easier to pick as an example, I guess.

No, it's just a sarcastic line available for Hawke, except to many it felt like an inappropriate/idiotic thing to say in that moment. Hardly something that bothered me in the demo to be honest, but it's easier to pick as an example, I guess.

Especially as most people with a negative opinion about the game never played more than the demo.

Not fully their fault, but I don't go around slamming games I skipped after playing the demo, and believe that it would be the proper approach for everybody. :lol:

Well, we're obviously reading the thing in different ways. Because my take on it is that they realised that they shouldn't focus on the data mining, but instead on the actual feedback. DA2 was made-by-the-numbers (and I still like it, shrug), now they're trying to think creatively again. IE. that what they learned was not to do things in the same way.

We probably are reading it differently :)

I simply noticed that the good doctors are so full of praise of the success and game mechanics of DA2 and how they had reached the final product by listening to the (automated) player feedback, so I assumed that when speaking of lessons learned, that is what they referred to (and the approach they would repeat for ME3).

No, see, there is absolutely nothing they can say without somebody ripping into them:

1) We admit we ****ed up with DA2, and after listening to player feedback, we plan to fix things.

Response: WAA WAA THAT'S THE SMAE THINGA U SIAD BEFORE DA2 CAME OTU! Cept you weren't talking about people and reviews but about your telemetry, but still, it's clearly the same thing.

2) We think DA2 was great, and we'll make more of the same.

Response: BUT LOL IT SUXORED AND WITCHER 2 IS SO MUCH COOLER ANYAWYYY!!!11

See? :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Speaking of false logic, I don't think he was implying they would make a repeat of DA2, but that they would make a repeat of the process that lead to it. Whether or not you agree with the conclusions that Bioware reached from their data mining or not is a different issue.

Yeah, Gorth's right.

Wheter or not they really do so is up for grabs, it's just that that line in their press conference fills me with less than confidence.

Although it mentioning DA2 did things wrong does give promise again, so I guess we'll just have to wait for the final game...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I am currently playing Mass Effect 2 for the first time and i noticed one or two things that they could do to improve ME3, aside from adding more customization or removing probing planets: Make the scope a bit more grander, not just like one long mission. Another thing that greatly bothers me is that you have whole universe but you are usually restricted to a couple of planets for exploration. Almost each planet has an interesting story behind it: A biological or physical phenomonom that science can not fully explain, a culture of primitive creatures that would make zoologists jump out of their seats and civilizations that have come and gone under mysterious (often apocalyptic) circumstances. Exploring these environments would greatly add a sense of adventure, exploration and the feeling of an unending universe. Also, it would do wonders for an RPG if the player can learn something about himself and about humanity through discovery of other these planets and environments.

Instead the scope seems to be that you have to fight the Reapers' secondary command: The Collectors, but you are allowed choose on how you fight them. Seems a bit too narrow for me.

The scope aside, the gameplay feels like Deus Ex in space with more dialogue options and less (alot) exploration.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

See? :lol:

I see your words and individually they seem fine, but as sentences they don't make much sense to me. I'm probably missing the context by not having followed the development and fan discussions of those games (DA1+2 & TW2) closely, so I can only base it on my own observations and opinions (and the odd press release/news item) :)

Fwiw, I don't find TW2 particularly cool, not having been bothered to play my way out of the introduction level yet. Trying too hard to be like other commercially successful games and losing it's identity. Yes, I know it's business and they want to make money. More and more seems to follow the same path towards the same point, resulting in either market saturation or creating a singularity.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I see your words and individually they seem fine, but as sentences they don't make much sense to me. I'm probably missing the context by not having followed the development and fan discussions of those games (DA1+2 & TW2) closely, so I can only base it on my own observations and opinions (and the odd press release/news item)

Oh, that's ok, I need to make sense for a living, it doesn't (nearly) always carry over here. :)

My point is mostly (as it usually) is of the personal bias colouring information. You see whatever Bioware writes as a continuation of "[t]rying too hard to be like other commercially successful games and losing it's identity." I see everything that Bioware's critics write in the way I paraphrased the criticisms above; as inane nitpicking, bandwagon jumping and a major case of "it became popular, now it sucks". Doesn't mean I'm any more right than you are (or the other way around), of course. :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

2) We think DA2 was great, and we'll make more of the same.

Response: BUT LOL IT SUXORED AND WITCHER 2 IS SO MUCH COOLER ANYAWYYY!!!11

See? :lol:

I regret having wasted money on Witcher 2 (or at least, having bought it on release). Graphic extravaganza aside (though it doesn't look much better than the first game on my rig), it's the most disappointing game of the year so far.

Terrible inventory, terrible combat, butchered alchemy, and only five monster types in the entire game (harpies, nekkers, rotfiends, bullvores, gargoyles).

Story and CHOICE AND CONSEQUENCE!!!111! are admittedly nice, until you realize that aside from one totally different chapter, you're as much on rails as any BioWare game.

It's as much mediocre as DA2 is. I doubt I'll ever replay it again.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Story and CHOICE AND CONSEQUENCE!!!111! are admittedly nice, until you realize that aside from one totally different chapter, you're as much on rails as any BioWare game.

And just how much non-linearity do you expect from a story-driven RPG game?

Because "one totally different chapter" seems to be a much better deal that any other game recently released.

the witcher 2 was really really awesome at first, but after a while, yeah, i ultimately was left wanting. not enough variety. god damn am i getting picky as i get older ;)

To keep the derail going, my big issue with the Witcher 2 was that the areas were very small in comparison with the first one. Admittedly getting from point A to B in 1 was more fun; even though it was longer.

village_idiot.gif

Didn't regret buying Witcher 2, got good enjoyment out of it. Definitely not going to play it again after seeing each side. Anyway, I doubt Bioware will "screw" up ME3, they're not total fools ;)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Didn't regret buying Witcher 2, got good enjoyment out of it. Definitely not going to play it again after seeing each side.

Same here. Unless they seriously fix the UI, or have some EE with several new sidequests per chapter... :sorcerer:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee