What are you playing now?

I looked briefly into it. It lost me at being a dungeon crawler. I noticed it also has set class/race combos.

Now I'm waffling on Gabriel Knight. Briefly loaded up Syberia, then briefly loaded up Gray Matter. Never did anything other than quit the menu on either. arrrrgh

Edit 2: Or New Vegas for the two DLC I haven't touched.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

just finished portal 2 AND my latest playthrough of new vegas.

damn.

now what?

splatterhouse? dead space 2? world in conflict? alan wake? enslaved? amnesia?

or should i just bite the bullet and buy the witcher 2?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Thanks to a catastrophic motherboard failure I've been without my regular gaming pc for over a week. Am now getting things up and running again, and reinstalling games. Portal 2 is first.

EDIT: Pretty sad when updating takes longer than the initial installation. Good thing I have the day off tomorrow.

Edited by mr insomniac

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I heard Dirt 3 is out now, but I dont have time to play it :sorcerer:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I did manage to while away a couple of hours last night with some Civ V... I still feel like something is missing from it compared to Civ IV, but it's still somewhat entertaining.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Still playing Alpha Protocol.

I must be the crappiest Michael Thorton ever. I haven't banged a single hot chick yet, I most often try to not kill anyone in my missions and as soon as there's an argument in the dialogue, I bend over and offer everyone money.

I just wish the game world wasn't so static, the controls so clumsy, the levels so small.. other than that, I think this game is the bee's knees. I am loving the dialogue, the missions, the characters, the setting, the emails (especially the replies I am sending to everyone), the skills and character advancement and the little details in my safehouse (although I seem to have misplaced my glass eye when I moved to Rome.. :sorcerer: ).

Please made an Alpha Protocol 2 using Cryengine 3 or something! We wants it!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Good to see I am not the only one seeing DX:HR as AP2 with crappier graphics :sorcerer:.

Not that I'll complain if it's just as good.

On Topic; The Witcher II, obviously.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

You'll only play it and hate it, so just don't bother.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I'm not really sure why you guys want Obsidian to fall back on technology that would cause them to have the same problems they had until now with things like tracking bugs, etc.

Obsidian right now should work on Onyx and Onyx only unless they get to do another slam-dunk F:NV style.

I'm not really sure why you guys want Obsidian to fall back on technology that would cause them to have the same problems they had until now with things like tracking bugs, etc.

Obsidian right now should work on Onyx and Onyx only unless they get to do another slam-dunk F:NV style.

I totally agree, they have both a technical direction, full code ownership, and experts on site.

As I hope people are realising, you can use UE3 for example, but that doesn't stop it from looking like arse.

Bad is bad, engines don't stop things that are bad from being BAD!

Are you pretending to know more about the Onyx engine than the rest of us?

To my knowledge there has been no published games using the Onyx engine as of yet, thus we do not know how stable it is, how technologically advanced it is or what kind of tools they have to work with. I used Cryengine 3 as an example because there IS a published game out there that's using it, the code base is relatively bug free, the tools are being described as excellent and the game that is out there has the ingredients that I think would make a game like Alpha Protocol 2 better (although of course it is an unknown if a complex RPG could be built into it).

And who gives a **** what it looks like. I just want bigger-than-shoebox levels, better shooting mechanics and better game physics.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

To my knowledge there has been no published games using the Onyx engine as of yet, thus we do not know how stable it is, how technologically advanced it is or what kind of tools they have to work with.

But we do. First off what Nightshape said (at least the first part). Secondly its an engine and tools specifically designed to support RPGs. Cryengine is not.

For more information the Rich Taylor interview here

http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/1017...iii/page-2.html

Edited by C2B

I think there are clear advantages to Onyx though we have not gotten our hands on it ourselves yet. The main two things have been mentioned by OEI.

1) It's an engine built from the ground up to support all the RPG stuff like the dialogue trees, perks, skills and all that stuff. I guess that saves a lot of time rather than figuring out how to insert that into something that may not be built for RPGs from the get-go.

2) If a designer needs technical support, it's a lot more effective to go down the corridor to the tech dudes rather than getting help from (as an example) Bethesda when it comes to the Fallout 3 version of Gamebryo or whatever.

But yeah, will be fun to see how Onyx does in DS3.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

All you racing division had to do was take Richard Burns Rally and update the renderer a bit, but did they? No. I mean, how hard could it be?!?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I think Obsidian once stated that if they ever get the chance to make a AP2, they'd use the UE3 again.

I remember reading that too.

Are you pretending to know more about the Onyx engine than the rest of us?

I never mentioend a single thing about the engine in terms of its features, stability or anything. What I did say counts, they own it, they've documented it, they're controlling the direction of it.

Those things and those things alone make it a better option.

To my knowledge there has been no published games using the Onyx engine as of yet, thus we do not know how stable it is, how technologically advanced it is or what kind of tools they have to work with. I used Cryengine 3 as an example because there IS a published game out there that's using it, the code base is relatively bug free, the tools are being described as excellent and the game that is out there has the ingredients that I think would make a game like Alpha Protocol 2 better (although of course it is an unknown if a complex RPG could be built into it).

And who gives a **** what it looks like. I just want bigger-than-shoebox levels, better shooting mechanics and better game physics.

I'm just saying... Merely using an engine won't make it look good.

One of the scandinavian game journalists on the Deus Ex HR forums made some off hand comment about a preivew of DS3 and how it seemed okay but had the typical bad Obsidian camera angles...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I heard Dirt 3 is out now, but I dont have time to play it :lol:

All you racing division had to do was take Richard Burns Rally and update the renderer a bit, but did they? No. I mean, how hard could it be?!?

I assume you me your, and by your you'd be wrong as I haven't worked at codies for 6 months.

But otherwise yes, this is likely true, and I don't disagree with anything you're saying.

More as I also don't understand why you'd ever play the game, as you clearly hated dirt 2, so why bother?

One of the scandinavian game journalists on the Deus Ex HR forums made some off hand comment about a preivew of DS3 and how it seemed okay but had the typical bad Obsidian camera angles...

Yeah, I know. Don't think that has anything to do with the engine itself though particularly much. And while that comment might've worried me, the lengthy gameplay walkthroughs we've seen look absolutely fine to me camera-wise.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0