What you did today

Gorth

You don't look a day over 90000.

Had very good day work wise, but all the charging about left me feeling awful back wise, and I had to get a cab home at enormous expense. Fell asleep in the cab, though so I feel I got my money's worth. :lol:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Watching the Red Sox/Yankee ST game on espn2. Ah...baseball...how I missed thee.

Also, Nielson sent us $2. First time for that. Dear Sirs: I'll send your survey back if you promise not to ever pick me for your black boxes of harassment. (while that would be kinda cool, also sounds like more hassle than I'd want)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Using the generic freebie sounds that came w/a program, I tried making my own brief music mix, because...because I could. It's hard to get the balances right...or get something to sound like actual music instead of so much repetitive noise. But kinda fun trying. Liking this program, may buy it when the trial period is over. I can mix while watching baseball! Heheh

Does it totally suck? :ermm:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

At a stop light, my friend grabbed a "Choose Life" car magnet (off of a jacked up truck) and put it on my car hood. The guy driving came out and said he was going to "****ing kill you thieves." So I, politely, pointed to the magnet and suggested he 'Choose Life.'

By the way, this is also on the hood of my car.

coffin_logo.gif

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

At a stop light, my friend grabbed a "Choose Life" car magnet (off of a jacked up truck) and put it on my car hood. The guy driving came out and said he was going to "****ing kill you thieves." So I, politely, pointed to the magnet and suggested he 'Choose Life.'

By the way, this is also on the hood of my car.

coffin_logo.gif

Tell me, AKJ, is your car a hearse. Because a choose life sticker on a hearse would be kinda neat.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Off to Philadelphia for the week, visiting UPenn.

I look forward to the tender ministrations of the American airport security.

One of those days woke up from odd dreams and just can't seem to find my focus for the day.. Everything just has that oft-kilter feel to it.

Here's to a few cups of tea to see if equilibrium can be found.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Was funny putting the recycling out last night, open the garage door, instant wave of pot smoke hits me. Damn louts in the building behind my house, amazing how that stuff stinks and lingers. Ended up with a good heache for my trouble.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

One of those days woke up from odd dreams and just can't seem to find my focus for the day.. Everything just has that oft-kilter feel to it.

Here's to a few cups of tea to see if equilibrium can be found.

Weirdly, I've been having lots of odd and memorable dreams lately, too. I'm generally pretty good at sleeping through the night, but these have me waking up pretty frequently, with my mind racing such that it's not easy to immediately fall asleep again. I can't figure out why they've been so consistently notable lately. Diet related? Something to do with the change in seasons? Voodoo hex?

I've been forcing myself to think about nice fluffy things and how good my life is before going to sleep and - presumably - as consequence have been sleeping better with less weird dreams. Hardly rocket science, but amazed how long it took me to work it out. >_<

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So far I haven't been able to achieve a thing of worth today. Can't seem to find the discipline to focus on anything and keep procrastinating my way along.

Like spend 10 minutes reading the same couple of pages over and over and still not actually knowing what I've read.

Well, there was some cleaning up of a cat's hairball in the middle of the hall floor. >_< That got done, but apart from that..

May I suggest that you quietly but efficiently go into the street and hand the cat to a stranger?

-Elwood Blues

Been listening to relatives complain about me not working with cleaving the ginormous amount of firewood outside on my lawn, and trying in vain to explain to them what happens when you mix water, 3-phase electric power and broken down machinery...

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I've been working on a project at my job for 18 hours a day for a while. And at night working on a rewrite of my book. I am so utterly sick of THAT thing. Plus I can't seem to take my eyes off the news coverage from Japan. Unbelievable.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Ok, after tossing several crap versions in the recycle bin, this turned out to be the final version of my first real try at a music mix. Kinda new agey techno maybe. I kind of like it, tho I still need work on changing up tempos.

But I'm wondering if anyone here has any recommendations on either mixing software or instrument-sound software for making your own beats/sound bits to use...I've been trying MAGIX's trial for mixing & I like it but maybe for this level (eg not super-pro) there's better.

Edited by LadyCrimson

Spent about an hour trying to actually get up after my alarm went off this morning. Seemed to be caught in that not fully awake, half dreaming state where you know its a dream..everytime you actually think about waking up and all its happening in the dreamstate but not quite awake enough to actually do it. That whole loop of "I need to wake up properly and actually do this, not just dream it".. :skull:

Been listening to relatives complain about me not working with cleaving the ginormous amount of firewood outside on my lawn, and trying in vain to explain to them what happens when you mix water, 3-phase electric power and broken down machinery...

What does electric power and machinery have to do with cleaving firewood?

maul.jpg