What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

All that talky makes replaying a chore. ugh I know your story, Thane, WHY DO I HAVE TO TALK TO YOU AGAIN?!

Pet peeve of mine. Even if dialogue and cutscenes are skippable, it ruins the experience of replays. Which is why I favor short and sweet or completely optional.

I'm the same.

"Hi haven't seen you.." *click*

"Yes once years ago I.." *click*

"Watch your mouth or.." *click*

"She was gorgeous and.." *click*

"Goodbye."

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Since the Rift beta ended, I decided I would go and reactivate my WoW account with the ten day free trial of Cataclysm. I somehow don't think Trion had that in mind when letting me into the beta.

Everything was beautiful. Nothing hurt.

Fallout 3. FOOK 2 is better than the first version. Smarter and better equip enemies. I never had my character's head blown off by a sniper, until now. :lol:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Trying various things to solve the slowdown for Gothic II on modern computers, I managed to get G1 going after a while but still very laggy in cities.

Me and my mates were going to buy Bulletstorm today for some multiplayer madness, but apparently they've removed it. There is only a rudimentary "horde" mode where you fight off increasingly larger waves of AI enemies. Im quite disapointed to be honest ;)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Alpha Protocol.

It's a great game, but the problem was probably an expectation deficit - people of course expected a MGS / shooter type game instead of a well-written, thoughtful, witty RPG where combat was part of the mix, not the raison d'etre.

Anyhow, like I say it's more fun than a sack of kittens, the spiteful review scores say more about gaming journalism than they do about the game.

The only thing I will say is that the hacking minigame is the most annoying thing in a RPG I have ever experienced, ever. It's like finding a dead slug in an otherwise perfectly executed Caesar salad. Never do that to me again, Obz, please.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

I generally liked Rift. The level up system is really good; it provides a ton of flexibility, its easy to specialize, and you can probably find some spec to play with every class that you'll like. Quests were typical MMO kill x of y type stuff. The only instance I played was the beginner one but it was pretty good all things considered.

The big draw are the rifts. They're big zone wide quests where huge mobs spawn and run wild requiring almost the entirety of the players in the zone to fight it off. When it works, its a blast. When server populations are low if people lose interest it is a major problem: you can't close it off yourself and questing is basically impossible. That is my major worry for the game: if the player base gets bored with that type of event it will quickly become impossible to play.

Everything was beautiful. Nothing hurt.

Trying various things to solve the slowdown for Gothic II on modern computers, I managed to get G1 going after a while but still very laggy in cities.

Don't worry about it, it is crappy code. I first played Gothic 2 on an old, slow rig and I got 12 fps in the worst places in Khorinis. Then I upgraded a few years after, got at least four times the amount of power and the fps increased to.. 18. It's just crappy code, I imagine my 3200 MHz Core i7 would still only manage 20-25 fps in there.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The older concept arts for DAO are simply brilliant. I kind of wish they'd stayed with that. I can't look through the art section of my collector's strategy guide and not feel like I missed out.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=D...024&bih=705

A few here, apparently mixed with some non-DAO art. Wynne looks more distinctly upper class. Alistair is the guy with a longsword and looks quite heroic.

This is Zevran.

concept-preview-1.jpg

Leliana

232px-Leliana_Concept_Art.jpg

The entire party at one point or another.

ddiyqp.png

Edited by Tale

I feel that old Zevran art probably ended up leaking into Fenris. Intentionally or not.

I'm not talking about effete or otherworldly. I'm talking about white hair and prominently covered in tattoos. The visual design, not his character concept. Though the old Zevran certainly seems more tribal than Fenris.

Edited by Tale