RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Icewind Dale III incoming?

Of particular note is my nearly 30-minute Q&A with Feargus. Would you like to know exactly what Project Virginia is? Do you want the very first details about Obsidian's secret "Defiance" project? Perhaps you're interested in learning about yet another project they've taken on that utilizes a license that they simply "could not turn down"? Or maybe you'd just like to know what the future holds for the Icewind Dale series?

HOLY SHI~ I can't believe it... this couldn't get any better :* I was secretly hoping for a D&D game, but Icewind Dale?!

It ain't a true IWD it it ain't have painted backgrounds.

QFT :p

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Can you say, IWD III in Onyx?

That said, I think it's much more probable the new project is just wheel of time.

Can you say, IWD III in Onyx?

That said, I think it's much more probable the new project is just wheel of time.

Buck is specifically talking about the Icewind Dale franchise. And we know about the WOT game for a long time so it wouldn't make sense for him to make a secret out of it.

he said nothing to confirm it was about IWD at all, maybe Project Virginia is WoT and IWD3 is in the future plans.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

oh? :( a couple of examples, please. the biggest flaws of 4th?

Walsingham said:

Risen 2 cover

Edit: Cover title says "Better graphics, bigger game world, more complex quests".

And just a s***. Iz a pwomise.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

oh? :( a couple of examples, please. the biggest flaws of 4th?

It's a case of pop eating itself, CRPGs aped pen and paper now pen and paper apes video games. It uses a 'streamlined' (we all know what that means) system resembling one part MMORPG, one part part trading-card game. The iconic classes are FUBAR'd so they are now 'cool' for the attention-deficit crowd.

It's horrible.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Veeeery skeptical about this one. true OFP is a military simulator. I'm afraid Codemasters is trying to copy the latest CoD games.

Walsingham said:

They are, actually. They tried with Dragon Rising, but futzed it up (must be Lenton's fault). Funny though, looking through the database for DR, I'm seeing all kinds of weapons and vehicles and troop types that weren't in the game - stuff like Humvees with TOWs, mortars and mortar spotters, etc.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What's the last good Codemasters game anyway? I don't remember one in the last decade ...

Only good purely Codemasters game I have played is Colin McRae Rally 2..

Severance is also great, but codemasters only published it.

Veeeery skeptical about this one. true OFP is a military simulator. I'm afraid Codemasters is trying to copy the latest CoD games.

CoD but with more realism. Basically.

They are, actually. They tried with Dragon Rising, but futzed it up (must be Lenton's fault). Funny though, looking through the database for DR, I'm seeing all kinds of weapons and vehicles and troop types that weren't in the game - stuff like Humvees with TOWs, mortars and mortar spotters, etc.

Rod Cousin's is the man you'd be looking for, but hey OFP should have be canned many years before it was released.