RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

What's the last good Codemasters game anyway? I don't remember one in the last decade ...

Both Overlord games.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

What's the last good Codemasters game anyway? I don't remember one in the last decade ...

Both Overlord games.

Published by, but not developed by.

I know the external producer who worked on 'em though, really good friend of mine, he moved down to Guildford to work on Bodycount... His projects were always the ones to make money. *ahem*, like Overlord....

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Both Overlord games.

I know the external producer who worked on 'em though, really good friend of mine, he moved down to Guildford to work on Bodycount... His projects were always the ones to make money. *ahem*, like Overlord....

Psh, external producer. You find me the lead designer or Terry Pratchett's daughter, then we'll talk.

Both Overlord games.

Psh, external producer. You find me the lead designer or Terry Pratchett's daughter, then we'll talk.

I was meaning more that it made money, hence, popular and percieved as a good product.

Both Overlord games.

I was meaning more that it made money, hence, popular and percieved as a good product.

And I was meaning more that you need to make some connections that can introduce me to Rhianna Pratchett.

And I was meaning more that you need to make some connections that can introduce me to Rhianna Pratchett.

How about I don't, for her sake, poor lass.

How about I don't, for her sake, poor lass.

True, don't think she'd like to see your ugly mug.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Both Overlord games.

The first one was decent, the second was crap.

The first one was incredible, the second was decent, the third I'll cut you.

Edited by Tale

The first one was really let down by the fact you couldn't play an evil overlord properly, on account of everyone being as evil as you are. The devs really dropped the ball on that.

Hobbits should be prancing around wild flowers, being sickeningly nice and cuddly before you hack them with your axe. They shouldn't be drunken, evil psychopaths. Making everyone else evil is missing the point about the appeal of being evil.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Zero Hour was pretty good, by itself. Red Alert 3...was so very poor. I mean Gemma Atkinson IS cute, but eh :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Zero hour was one of my favorite RTS games. The story was nonexistant but my friends and I loved playing it. Red Alert 3 wasn't bad either IMO. It was a steep downhill slope from there though. C&C4 should have gotten people shot.

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

C&C4 was an interesting concept. It would have been great as anything but C&C, maybe as a smaller budget experimental title. I like the concept.