RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Quantic Dream working on anti-War game?

Not sure if serious...

Why not?

You could certainly make an anti Call of Duty.

Would anyone buy it is another matter however.

I'd be interested in it. I greatly appreciate what Quantic Dream is trying to do with their games. They've not always had perfect execution, but I've generally enjoyed ever game of theirs that I've played.

Everything was beautiful. Nothing hurt.

I want to see David Cage hiring Writers first. Or at least someone who punches him whenever he thinks of anything regarding showers.

I also highly doubt he could do the theme justice.

Edited by C2B

What's wrong with the shower scene?

Cage may not be the most skilled writer, but I think his talents are complemented by the team.

Every women/man is introduced with a shower scene for no other reason than A: Make it in a twisted way sexual B Lulz. And there is as good as no exception. (Oh, I forgot no its "realistic" and absolutly needed to build "atmosphere".)

Heavy Rain managed to get me into a rage with the introduction of Lauren. It just had to be in a shower and with her half naked. Nope, they couldn't bring the point across any other way.

Not to mention how he charachterizies women. Madison? Wants to have sex with the main charachter after the only interaction she had with Ethan was bandaging him up two times and reading about him. Not to mention they do it while his son is drowing. Don't forget all the sci-fi bull**** that was thrown in for the lulz.

Theres a big load more of the stuff I hate about it but thats a short overview.

Edited by C2B

Heavy Rain is like the worst goddamn game ever to receive such good scores and be considered "art" and all that stuff. It's absolutely terrible. David Cage should be flogged in public though I'm pretty sure he'd enjoy it so not much point.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Not to mention how he charachterizies women. Madison? Wants to have sex with the main charachter after the only interaction she had with Ethan was bandaging him up two times and reading about him. Not to mention they do it while his son is drowing. Don't forget all the sci-fi bull**** that was thrown in for the lulz.

I see they learnt nothing from Fahrenheit then. At least in that game they had the excuse that it was rushed by the publisher near the end.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

There were a few things in Heavy Rain that really bugged me the least of which being the reveal of the killer. For instance, if he is so concerned about maturity why does he include an exploitive scene with Madison fending off home invaders while half naked? 1) It doesn't do much of anything for the plot and 2) it's a friggin' dream sequence.

But if you give Quantic Dream a few more attempts at it maybe they'll come up with some decent gameplay to compliment decent ideas. Even if they don't, at this point in my life I'm more interested in creative failures than I am in bland successes.

Everything was beautiful. Nothing hurt.

They don't have to blow the ship up to give you a new one. That said, the upcoming DLC looks like it might give them a new excuse to do it, but... ;)

You think that desk is going to be used for typing? YOU ARE MISTAKEN! :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

6-11-9

Got bored. More incorrect guesses than correct guesses, though he was winning.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm playing Magicka win some friends on Steam - it's seriously one of the best indie games I've ever played.. it's hilarious, but only in coop.

Rock-paper-scissor

7-3-0 .. I always win this game. :( (edit: my hubris apparently infuriated the computer and it promptly evened the score in the next 10)

post-5477-1299582402_thumb.jpg

Fortune favors the bald.

Guest The Architect

Pre-ordered the latest Mortal Kombat game online due to come out on the 19th of April. It's been banned in Australia, but there's nothing they can do about it if you get it from overseas.