RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Prey 2 coming in 2012! I enjoyed the first game and I'll be eager to see this one. It is being published by Bethesda and will use the Rage engine. Ok, they don't specifically mention the Rage engine, just saying 'built on the id tech engine from id Software' but I'm assuming it will use the recent Rage engine.

So Zenimax acquired Human Head Studios as well? I never heard anything about this.

They didn't. They only publish Prey 2.

Prey 2 will not use idTech5.

Why not?

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

So Zenimax acquired Human Head Studios as well? I never heard anything about this.

They didn't. They only publish Prey 2.

Prey 2 will not use idTech5.

Why not?

quote from Peter Hines

"This game has been in development for quite a while and id Tech 5 is still in progress (until Rage ships, and probably even after). So it really wasn't an option"

I guess this means whatever Arkane Studios is making, it will also not use idTech5, since they'd already started working on the project for a while when they were acquired last year.

Edited by Masterfade

Ooo, Prey 2.

I really liked the first one. It had some nice emotional impact while delivering a cool story plus some neat gameplay with portals, gravity and spirit walking. I only remember the ending vaguely but it did open up for a sequel.

Yay! Part of me dies every time that I hear a designer with talent is stuck working on iphone games. Now if we can just get Brian Reynolds to come back to the dark side I'll be a happy man.

Everything was beautiful. Nothing hurt.

Jason Anderson leaving inXile Entertainment for Turtle Rock Studios

Obsidian might develop Wasteland? (as Avellone is following twitters of Brian Fargo and inXile's devs)

That's funny.. I wrote this today on another forum (in response to a question of what games define you):

mkreku wrote:

Wasteland on the C64 in 1988. It was so far ahead of its time with its open world, post-apocalyptic setting and mature content. I mean, I used to collect STD's from various hookers in the game just for fun :p

I am still holding my breath for Wasteland 2.. and I am getting pretty blue in the face :)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Jason Anderson leaving inXile Entertainment for Turtle Rock Studios

Obsidian might develop Wasteland? (as Avellone is following twitters of Brian Fargo and inXile's devs)

It would be super rad!

Also, Fargo is following both MCA & Feargus (And he is following only 18 people on twitter)

Couldn't that be just as simple as that they know each other from way back in the Interplay days?

I'm not sure on the pace combat in TOR. It looks cool enough, but it is definitely more of a minigame implementation. I wish they had a system where you actually fly around a la Freespace and do quests, but I guess that is too much to ask.

Edited by Hurlshot

I'm not sure on the pace combat in TOR. It looks cool enough, but it is definitely more of a minigame implementation. I wish they had a system where you actually fly around a la Freespace and do quests, but I guess that is too much to ask.
It's not too much to ask, but they've made a deliberate decision to go with the current style in order to pursue the same epic feeling of space combat we've all seen in the movies.

The current implementation allows for cinematic fly byes and scripted encounters in a way that would not be available in free flight form.

I'm not saying their choice is better, but there is a clear logic behind their choice. Personally I'm hoping they'll build on it either via patched content update or via expansion, so we could have the cinematic space combats and some form of free flight exploration.

Edited by trulez

I hope so. JE is their most underrated game 9as opposed to KOTOR (which is their most overrated game). English translation for an english forum?

I won't hold my breath though.. JE is 6 years ago, and BIO talked big about a sequel but 1.5-2mil copies wasn't worthy of a sequel at that time. *shrug* :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.