RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Scorpion is the greatest, everyone knows that

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

isn't smoke a machine now? and has been since MK3? I don't like robot assassins.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I hate the robots. And Scorpion's only a second to Sub-Zero (masked).

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

what?! :wacko: how dare you

besides, didn't Scorp kill masked SZ in the official canon?

Walsingham said:

what?! :wacko: how dare you

besides, didn't Scorp kill masked SZ in the official canon?

He killed the first one. Then there was a second one. I don't remember if the second then became unmasked or if it was the first who returned from the dead as unmasked. But there was still a second full ninja costume Sub-Zero.

But there was another masked one in MK3. It may just be the second with the mask. I'm just saying, I liked the masked look better.

the second one was the younger brother, the unmasked one that is. but yeah, I don't remember where the masked then came from. I think it was in MK Armageddon and at that point I stopped following the story

Walsingham said:

the masked one came back in Ultimate as the bonus character. he wasn't part of the canon at the time

Walsingham said:

Sub Zero isn't as cool. oh, wait. I meant he's too cool

Walsingham said:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/02/16...it-dead-island/

Dawn of the Dead: The Game, done properly? I was quite impressed with the CG in that trailer, I thought they'd switched to a live-action shot part-way through. The in-game screenshots don't look much worse either.

i too got tricked for a moment, that guys hair looked so real in a few of those shots...

i'd love a zombie game that had a little more heft to it, left4dead is fun, but its a lightning fast action game, and dead rising is just silly. I will keep an eye on this one, but honestly I'm not expecting much from the developer, but then again, batman Arkham Asylum came from a fairly unproven developer and that game was amazing so you never know

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Dawn of the Dead: The Game, done properly? I was quite impressed with the CG in that trailer, I thought they'd switched to a live-action shot part-way through. The in-game screenshots don't look much worse either.

The most beautiful trailer ever. :shifty:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

TOTY

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

TOTY

wow, that trailer is so messed up, i got slightly emotional watching that.

It is a mixture of disgust and fascination. So well done, yet seeing what happens to that family... I am definitely going to keep my eye on this game, unless i start hearing horrible things, so far looks like something i will want to get.

...but honestly I'm not expecting much from the developer...

Why not? It's Techland doing it, the guys who made the excellent Call of Juarez, the great Xpand Rally and the good Chrome.

Very nice to see something new from this game. I have been following it for three (!) years (check the old "what are you looking forward to" threads) and I suspected it was becoming vapourware.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

...but honestly I'm not expecting much from the developer...

Why not? It's Techland doing it, the guys who made the excellent Call of Juarez, the great Xpand Rally and the good Chrome.

Very nice to see something new from this game. I have been following it for three (!) years (check the old "what are you looking forward to" threads) and I suspected it was becoming vapourware.

Call of Juarez games were awesome.

I definetly look forward to try this one. :p