RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Dawn of War 3 I think. But, here's hoping it's Homeworld 3, I miss space.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Relic's next RTS to be announced this August

Company of Heroes 2?

Dawn of War 3?

Homeworld 3?

Most important gaming news of the decade for this callsign, CoW3 makes little sense given the new standalone title, Homeworld is massive but the sales don't relate into mucho dinaro as much as the other two and the cancelled CoHO fiasco makes CoH2 look riskier than going for ten pints and a curry with Walsingham.

So it's all up in the air, although of course if it's CoH2 then I'll be dancing like a mad crazy happy thing for a month.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Interestingly, the comments on the thread Morgie posted (I like calling him Morgie, I suspect he hates it) think it's CoH2.

I know there are some CoH players here... if they did go down that route :: sacrifices favourite goat to Relic :: what setting would you like?

More WW2? (the fanbois naturally want the Ostfront but given the superlative fan mod that covered that... why?)

Others want the Pacific...

Some want a modern CoH game... (NOOOOOO!)

I think CoH2 Korea would be awesome but am guessing most early twentysomethings think Korea is a place where they televise Starcraft and live next door to the puppets from Team America: World Police.

sonsofgygax.JPG

there hasn't been a good modern strategy game since Generals. I could really use a good RTS with US troops, Abramses, Apaches and whatnot

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Seems a little too soon for Dow3.

Retribution will still be selling by then and how much can they show after 5 months of work?

Company of Heroes Online cancellation notice supposedly spoke of “soon to be announced future installment”.

Edited by pmp10

there hasn't been a good modern strategy game since Generals. I could really use a good RTS with US troops, Abramses, Apaches and whatnot

That's not true. World in Conflict is great.

As for the new Relic game, I hope for Homeworld III, but I think it will be CoH2.

Edited by Bendu

That's not true. World in Conflict is great.

I heard something about it. but never had a chance to try it. I guess I should look it up

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

if its homeworld 3 then ima be so happy...

then maybe we can get bungie to make another Myth and all will be right with the world (of rts games) again

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Are World in Conflict and Act of War so bad? I know Act of War isn't although I never played it online, so maybe I missed a lot of stuff.

I remember reading reviews on both these games. one of them sounded like crap while the other ok-ish. never tried either of them though.

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

i've heard good things about world in conflict, i bought it for $5 about two years ago, its still sitting around collecting dust though

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Are World in Conflict and Act of War so bad? I know Act of War isn't although I never played it online, so maybe I missed a lot of stuff.

No I enjoyed Act of War, and really enjoyed WiC.

MW>WW2.

Whatever it is(HW3, DoW3, CoH2), it needs the DoW Dark Crusade campaign/conquer map.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif