RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

It may have had to do with my party though. I remember using a drow, duerger and a dark gnome which all had level handicaps so I think I didn't create a very powerful party.

I stopped leveling up my party at lv 7 just to see how far I could take them, went all the way to the Underdark and beyond the first serious battle there (the group of adventurers or something that guard an exit). if you had trouble, I suspect it was because of you choosing weird classes or combinations of classes and to a lesser extent your decisions on every level up.

This could have been it. I remember being overwhelmed with the party creation options and I wanted 'new' things that had never been in a IE game before. I also multiclassed some if not all of them. I can't remember the specifics as its been a few years. I'll have to do that ultimate IE playthrough some time again, but it requires a lot of time to get through them all. :skeptical:

far from the only game D&D or toherwise

you didn't even bother to read my post, did you? :skeptical: I asked to name only D&D games except IWD, ToEE, PoR and BG. try again

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

He did.

oh, crap. I forgot to edit that post to say "not older than 1997". Volo forgive me for ever doubting you.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Halo 1 being remade for November. Great news, I love that game.

Can't let that series die.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Halo 1 was the only one I ever liked, before it got so full of itself. Halo is a generic scifi shooter with an arsehat story and arcadey combat, but very fun and well polished enjoyable arcadey combat.

Not sure what you get out of remaking a not-that-old FPS though? What do you change? Graphics?

Yes, they are going to change the art assets and also make it higher res obviously. It's perfectly reasonable because it looks terrible compared to modern games, and visual appeal is important for a shooter. Definitely seems worthwhile to me since I'd still rather play that game than any of the sequels, although the last two were also pretty good.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I liked Halo 1, but repetitive and boring level Library or whatever it was almost made me quit a few times.

I did quit at Library. Repetitive level design had already bothered me a few times even before I got to the Library, that place finally killed my interest in the game. Also the monsters that were ripped from comics didn't help.

Too bad, otherwise it was a good game. Especially the music was great.

I found the combat enjoyable enough in the game that I didn't mind the (insanely) repetitive sections and I've beaten Halo 1 numerous times. I loved the ending of the game. I was not expecting it to be so emotional.

Bungie has had trouble with level design forever. From Marathon to Oni and Halo their levels are often bare, but they usually manage to make the games fun enough that the sparse settings aren't that big of a deal.

I liked Halo 1, but repetitive and boring level Library or whatever it was almost made me quit a few times.

I thought it was OK for a change of pace, and the stuff after it got better. I especially liked the Flood vs Covenant vs MC stuff.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

And once again Fox News goes on a rampage..

Bulletstorm Worst Game for Kids!

Don't you just love misquoted and false statistics, and that parents allow their kids to buy games with Mature ratings but its the game companies fault for making the game that's the issue..

Selective Quoting

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Game Informer had a big spread about Battlefield 3. I'm pretty excited Dice is returning to their roots, bring on the 64 player battles!

I honestly don't see how BF3 could be any different than Bad Company 2. At this point it feels like they've been remaking the same game in the same engine with the same weapons for years.

Not that BFBC2 was bad, I loved it. I just don't see why BF3 sounds so exciting.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"