RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

I haven't played Bad Company 2, but when I played the original Bad Company, it was missing a few things I really enjoy in BF2. I felt like the vehicles were not a real focal point, I felt like the maps were limited. It was also on the console, which was a problem,, since I love to be a sniper and the mouse is superior for that.

I'll try BF2 when I get my new internet connection next month, but I still expect BF3 to be more to my liking.

Oh, apparently they've made it so you can destroy everything.

64 player battles!

BFBC2 either had 32 player battles or 64, I can't remember. Either way, this isn't all that huge.

Oh, apparently they've made it so you can destroy everything.

BFBC2 already does this.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

64 player battles!

BFBC2 either had 32 player battles or 64, I can't remember. Either way, this isn't all that huge.

64 is actually twice as many as 32, so that is fairly huge.

As I said, I haven't tried BC2, so I can't comment too much. But the original BC was a vastly different experience than BF2.

I realize I miss Tribes.

well, Firefall is coming out at the end of this year, it's basically Tribes meet Team Fortress (and Scott Youngblood is the lead designer). a new Tribes game is also in the works

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

64 player battles!

64 is actually twice as many as 32, so that is fairly huge.

As I said, I haven't tried BC2, so I can't comment too much. But the original BC was a vastly different experience than BF2.

BC2 is more like the battlefields of old, but at the end of the day, its still not quite as good. And the destruction model is pony, crap, poop, doodie, whatever you wanna call it, its freaking awful.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

in case of Rockstar that could be a good thing, if the publisher made them port all their games to PC :shifty:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Yeah, that's an interesting theory, mostly because not only are the IPs obviously owned by take-two, so are the studios. I'm sure that they are happily going to part with their two crown jewels and throw in the towel. Not. I suppose Acti could try to acquire take-two (which is publicly traded), but I kind of doubt that too.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Yeah, that's an interesting theory, mostly because not only are the IPs obviously owned by take-two, so are the studios. I'm sure that they are happily going to part with their two crown jewels and throw in the towel. Not. I suppose Acti could try to acquire take-two (which is publicly traded), but I kind of doubt that too.

I think they were talking about the fact that there was a news story about Acti looking at Take Two...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I think they were talking about the fact that there was a news story about Acti looking at Take Two...

Uh, ok. I didn't see much of that in the article, but it does seem like a credible theory. After all, Kotickvision can't create, only acquire and destroy. :)

BC2 is more like the battlefields of old, but at the end of the day, its still not quite as good. And the destruction model is pony, crap, poop, doodie, whatever you wanna call it, its freaking awful.

Disagree immensely. You can argue that it can be improved upon (and it can), but I love that it actually exists. Blowing out chunks of wall as someone is hiding behind it is copious amounts of fun in the game.

Disagree immensely. You can argue that it can be improved upon (and it can), but I love that it actually exists. Blowing out chunks of wall as someone is hiding behind it is copious amounts of fun in the game.

I didn't say that the design was bad, its good design, its been around for years. What I did say is the technology they're using to do this, is very poor. Swapping out a mesh under a thick particle effect sucks.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Uh, ok. I didn't see much of that in the article, but it does seem like a credible theory. After all, Kotickvision can't create, only acquire and destroy. :)

... Did you look at the title of the article and what the link says?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

... Did you look at the title of the article and what the link says?

... maybe :down:

:*

Apparently this is month old news. If you get Portal 2 for the PS3 and link your PS3 to your steam account, you get Steamplay Portal 2 for free.

That sold me on buying Portal 2 PS3.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."