FO: NV (DLC)

Rosbjerg

As long as the Hoover Dam battle hasn't started yet, you can use the character. You should not play Dead Money with a level 1 character. Not going to say it will be impossible, but you for sure will have a very hard time. (When you try to enter the Sierra Madre, a popup tells you that it's made for level 20+)

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Ah I hadn't realised it was out for the pc yet either..

Hm, so is it worth the

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I paid 9,99 euro and I think it's worth it. In total, my playthrough was about 6 hours when I saw the end slideshow.

Hell, I even finished the latest CoD faster. :>

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Very strange. I bought it from Steam, but I can't see it anywhere.. It's not in my games list and nothing shows on my Fallout: New Vegas game graphics. Only visible from within the game?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Very strange. I bought it from Steam, but I can't see it anywhere.. It's not in my games list and nothing shows on my Fallout: New Vegas game graphics. Only visible from within the game?

Pretty much, yup.

EDIT: Oh, you can check in your game Steam properties too.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

It's a 7 gig game update, the patch comes first however. Once both are done you will be able to see dead money in the game data box.

It's not 7 gig, that's just Steam being dumb, and if you're not as dumb as Steam you do the right thing and check the integrity of the game's cache so that it'll just download the DLC. :blink:

Heh I was searching it too. If you right click on the game in the library, you can see your DLC content. To install it, just try to run the game, then the update should start. Needed a few minutes until I figured it out...

Yeah, I noticed when I started playing the game.

I had not played it since early January, so I started it up today and found that I had a half playthrough going with a character that was level 18. "Great, what luck!", I thought.. until I started playing it and realized I had made this character as a test character to see if it was possible to play as a survivalist.. I even named it Cheese..

I'm sorry, but survival is worthless. Ze goggles, zey do nothing! So I am bringing a totally gimped character named Cheese into Dead Money. I hope it will be possible to play it anyhow. In the outside world I was mostly relying on Boone and Ed-E for combat, but they disappeared (traitors!) as soon as I entered Sierra Madre.

In theory you don't have to fight a lot in Dead Money. Most of the enemies can be ignored / you can run around them. It might be not as easy on the first playthrough, though.

'fraid I'm still sticking to what I said before - no buy for me due to xpox exclusivity.

It's on the PC as well. :blink:

Thats what he answered on. He doesn't do it out of some principle. :ermm:

Indeed. And my principle is that in the case of (limited) third party exclusives, like the one Bethesda and Microsoft had here, Bethesda takes Microsoft's money instead of mine, not in addition to it. It's the only way I have to affect their decision making process, so I'm using it.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Steam sucks. I'll wait for the "DLCs" to be on DVDs. Love that current patch downloading after the fact that I clicked on Properties NOT to keep the game updated. Now some of my mods will be invalid with the current version of the game, after I finally got it working just right without crashes.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Loving it so far. Up two hours after my bedtime to fit it in.

Very very creepy.

My only beef is that considering how important the other characters are, you'd think they'd beef up the AI. Just fething stay at my side, you collossal arse.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I only had time to play it for maybe 30 minutes last night, but it's started off good. I don't know why, but it is a little annoying that everything inside is new! I mean, I can't relate a "police gun" to the guns I am already familiar with from the outside. I would have preferred to see variants of the same weapons found on the outside than a whole new flora of weapons that has no meaning to me (yet). Build them into the existing system instead of making a whole new system, so to speak.

Not a biggie.. I will have more time to play on Friday night.

I think the new kit is designed to make you feel in an alien environment. Unsettle you. Like the 'vendors'.

BTW, Obz, old boys. I know we are telegraphed very clearly that we won't be able to come back to the Sierra Madre after we leave. But is it too much to ask that I be allowed to return at a later date armed with all my gucci kit and kill every last single stinking inhabitant? Filthy revolting vermin.

...And that's playing as my nice character.

-Elwood Blues

I gave up on Dead Money, the CTDs are back in full effect. Same engine problem as F03. I guess I was lucky in the order in that it didn't affect me very much in the beginning. Maybe my installation is bad, but it's not exactly like I can just re install, I would have too download everything again. Too much of a hassle.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

The problems I had with Dead Money were A) for some reason it removed the need for sleeping, the numerical value just isn't there anymore. H20 and Food still work. And B) I got 2 or 3 crashes but I don't know if these were isolated to Dead Money or whether it's just the general engine wonkiness

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I only had time to play it for maybe 30 minutes last night, but it's started off good. I don't know why, but it is a little annoying that everything inside is new! I mean, I can't relate a "police gun" to the guns I am already familiar with from the outside. I would have preferred to see variants of the same weapons found on the outside than a whole new flora of weapons that has no meaning to me (yet). Build them into the existing system instead of making a whole new system, so to speak.

One thing that feedback to F3's DLCs made abundantly clear: people want new weapons and outfits that they can take back to the main game and use. The new weapons fit into the existing structure (e.g. the Police Pistol falls between the .357 Magnum Revolver and the .44 Magnum Revolver in power), but I think people would be pretty annoyed if they a) weren't there and b) if they were outclassed within that DLC setting by core weapons that were also available.

What's an ideal level to start the DLC? I don't even have any of my old saves so I'm going to be doing a new game soon.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."